Options

Replies

• JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    t_harp112 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    does adding apple cider vinegar to any drink make it better for you? If so, how? What are good drinks for when you want to lose weight but aren't just plain water and don't have a lot of carbs?

LOL...no....

i drink a lot of flavored sparkling water (La Croix) and iced tea. i also drink a lot of "infused" water using various things like cucumber or various fruits, etc.

Omg i bought la croix the other day and I thought it was nasty and dry tasting!! Lol

Sweetie, you're drinking vinegar. Clearly taste is not important to you.

• emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Ok so skip the coconut water. But try that tea and start juicing for something to drink
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    emhunter wrote: »
    Do you like coconut water? Just look for a low sugar option. Yogi has a blueberry slim tea I like and I'm not even a tea drinker.

You can also juice, just make sure you use low sugar ingredients. Or Freshii has a great juice program.
    If you like apple cider vinegar add it to whatever you like it in.
    Or drink it by itself if you want to.

But it does not have any magical properties or make anything else have magical properties.

If I want a low calorie drink, I drink plain water, unsweetened coffee ( dash of milk does give it a few calories) or Pepsi Max.

Thank you guys but I'm sorry I don't really like coconut water and I can't drink soda but I thought Pepsi max wasn't the best for you anyways

Nothing wrong with diet soda!!
  • emhunter
    Options
    I don't know what happened to the rest of my post! But yes, doctors have told me that diet drinks are worse for you than the regular version. Especially the dark sodas so I would agree to stay away.

I know a lot of people that drink warm water with lemon and a couple spoons of apple cider vinegar every morning. I've read it's great for your digestive system. I'd drink it this way so you don't have to change the taste of your other drinks.
  • emhunter
    Options
    does adding apple cider vinegar to any drink make it better for you? If so, how? What are good drinks for when you want to lose weight but aren't just plain water and don't have a lot of carbs?

LOL...no....

i drink a lot of flavored sparkling water (La Croix) and iced tea. i also drink a lot of "infused" water using various things like cucumber or various fruits, etc.

Omg i bought la croix the other day and I thought it was nasty and dry tasting!! Lol

She may like the taste of vinegar...I do :#
  • t_harp112
    t_harp112 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

LOL...no....

Taste is important to me, I just put a cap of apple cider vinegar into sparkling ice drinks or vitamin water and you can't really taste it
  • t_harp112
    t_harp112 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

LOL...no....

She may like the taste of vinegar...I do :#

THANK YOU!!!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who swears by kombucha. Foods like sauerkraut and kimchee are also said to improve the balance of good and bad bacteria.
  • vanillashadow
    vanillashadow Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When im grossed out by more plain water i add a packet of crystal light flavoring to it!! Theres lots of flavors available.
  • dyhorse
    dyhorse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here is an interesting article. I've been adding apple cider vinegar to my water for a long time. http://www.healthline.com/health/apple-cider-vinegar-diet
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Better for you, how?

I like Zevia soda and ICE carbonated drinks, in addition to water.
  • SLLRunner
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I don't know what happened to the rest of my post! But yes, doctors have told me that diet drinks are worse for you than the regular version. Especially the dark sodas so I would agree to stay away.

I know a lot of people that drink warm water with lemon and a couple spoons of apple cider vinegar every morning. I've read it's great for your digestive system. I'd drink it this way so you don't have to change the taste of your other drinks.

This is misinformation. Diet drinks are no better or worse than the other, the only difference being regular has calories and diet has none.

Everything in moderation.

ETA: this comes from a girl who can't stand sugar soda or diet sodas, except for Zevia and the occasional diet 7 UP and Diet Dr. Pepper.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Do you like coconut water? Just look for a low sugar option. Yogi has a blueberry slim tea I like and I'm not even a tea drinker.

You can also juice, just make sure you use low sugar ingredients. Or Freshii has a great juice program.

ICE has this wonderful coconut pineapple zero calorie sparkling water. Very good.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    i also like a nice Scotch and red wine...spanish varieties are my favorite.
  • k10gettingfit
    k10gettingfit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a sodastream and make my own sparkling water, to which I'll add lemon, lime, or a splash of juice. I also drink all kinds of tea. And lots of plain water!

I have heard that apple cider vinegar has health properties. But I've noticed in the store that a lot of it is "Apple cider flavored vinegar" and the real stuff is a bit more expensive and tastes better (for cooking anyway). There are some really nice all natural ones that probably have the most health benefits.

There's such a debate over whether diet drinks/soda are bad or worse for you. Some argue that its the sweeteners that are bad, especially aspartame (studies report headaches, seizures, all kinds of bad stuff.... but in very few people). Splenda is supposed to be made from sugar so, yay, its perfectly safe! (sarcasm) But opponents say the process to make it turns it bad and its too new and not tested. Saccharin was demonized in the 70s for killing rats, but now its widely accepted that those studies were at too extreme levels to relate to human consumption. Stevia is just a plant extract and I have not seen anything bad about it. Its getting more and more widely used and tasting better in things.

There's also the argument that diet drinks deter weightloss efforts because drinking sweet tasting beverages cause other cravings and affect eating decisions. Something like the sweet makes you want salty or more sweet -- makes it harder to make the best decisions.

For me, I stopped drinking diet soda (never really drank regular) years ago. I don't miss it and whether any of the above is true, I can't imagine that its actually good for you (as in beneficial to health) so.....

Good Luck and once you can legally drink, my go to lower calorie adult beverage is a Kettle Vodka Soda or Absolute Mandarin Vodka Soda!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    We still haven't established what country has a drinking age of 30!
  • emhunter
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

This is misinformation. Diet drinks are no better or worse than the other, the only difference being regular has calories and diet has none.

ETA: this comes from a girl who can't stand sugar soda or diet sodas, except for Zevia and the occasional diet 7 UP and Diet Dr. Pepper.

I don't believe it's not true. I chose to go along with what my doctors have told me. I've also seen research on it. Your body knows how to break down the sugar in regular soda but a lot of the diet soda sugars give it trouble. However, in addition to that the dark dyes and coloring are bad for you. I'm not claiming diet sodas will kill you but it seems best to stay away. I know moderation is better than all the time but if you're trying to be healthy diet sodas are not it.

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

I don't believe it's not true. I chose to go along with what my doctors have told me. I've also seen research on it. Your body knows how to break down the sugar in regular soda but a lot of the diet soda sugars give it trouble. However, in addition to that the dark dyes and coloring are bad for you. I'm not claiming diet sodas will kill you but it seems best to stay away. I know moderation is better than all the time but if you're trying to be healthy diet sodas are not it.

Neither the sweeteners nor the colouring bring health risks.
  • emhunter
    Options

Neither the sweeteners nor the colouring bring health risks.

Whatever you say. Bottom line is they are not healthy. You can drink what you want and the OP and I will chose to exclude diet sodas.