Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The New "No more late night snacks challenge"

Replies

• I am up to the chanllenge and my cut off time will be 7pm also. Every little bit is going to help get the weight off and feel good again.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Well I definately made it to Day 1 yesterday. Yea Me. And wouldnt you know Im in bed watching tv with my hubby and he goes and gets himself a bowl of cereal around 10 last night. I so wanted to kill him for it LOL.

Connie
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    I did it!!! :)

I didn't eat anything after 6:30 pm :)

And thanks to my red team, I was up till after midnight completing all sorts of exercise challenges!
    So Monday was surprisingly good all the way around :happy:

Looks like everyone was successful. Congrats!!

Yay us!!!! :bigsmile:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Hello, Zaza :flowerforyou:

So, cut-off for me should be 7 o'clock this time, but I will also be counting the days when I'll eat before 8.
    I'm not sure what to do about going out, cos I do not want to use this as an excuse. Will have to see how it goes.

My personal record was 27 days in Dec and I believe this is why I gained less than 2lbs over the holidays, which I think is good :drinker: . Many days out of these 27 were hard, but well worth the effort.

Best of luck, everyone, and have a great 2009!!!
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    I DID IT! Of course I didn't get to eat dinner until 6:30 but then I was done for the day. Even though I really wanted to snack about 9:00 while hubby was snacking on wheat thins...but, I overcame the urge and managed to make it through. I weighed in this morning and felt good about the results so it was worth it! As I said on another thread, I had a house full of family 24/7 last weekend (extended weekend) so if I accomplished a loss after feeding all of them and doing terrible at staying within the calorie limits then I'm happy. This week will go better!

So I will continue to make 7:00 p.m. my cut off time.

Thanks for the challenge.
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    I'm in. My cut off time will be 7:30.
    Good luck all
  • ticky
    ticky Posts: 38 Member
    I've made it through two days so far! Last night I forced myself to hit the sack at ten (when I started to get a bit hungry). When I woke up this morning I found the remains of a bag of chips and dip, as well as an empty pizza box. My husband and his friends must have really had a good time after I went to bed. I am soo glad I missed out on their festivities!! :smile:

I've done this challenge before, and it most definately makes a difference! Lets go day #3!
  • I think I'll try it too. I've changed what I snack on at night: airpopped popcorn, veggies, etc... never really considered cutting it completely. I've been at this "hard core" for a week now and haven't seen any change in my weight - maybe this help! Thanks!! - Maria
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    I think I'll try it too. I've changed what I snack on at night: airpopped popcorn, veggies, etc... never really considered cutting it completely. I've been at this "hard core" for a week now and haven't seen any change in my weight - maybe this help! Thanks!! - Maria

Maria, persevere! It might take a while, but it will happen!
    It's great that you stuck with low cal snacks, but the quantity also matters. (maybe this was not your case)
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Good night all. I thought I better check in while we still have power and internet. Tonight was Day 2 for me. Believe me I was tempted since I had already blown my calories. Fortuntaley, this challenge helped me resist temptation. I also realized belatedly that tomorrow morning is the biggest loser challenge weigh-in so I really was motivated not to snack tonight after 9:30.
    Hope to hear from you tomorrow that everyone is hanging in there. Let me know if everyone made it through Day 2.
    Zaza
  • zaza54
    Dewpearl, I just read your post that you went 27 days without snacking after cut-off time last month!!! Congratulations!:flowerforyou: You are our inspiration. It can be done and you're right it does make a difference.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    I am in!!! This is definitly my weakness. My cut off time is 10pm and I am so excited to be in a challenge!!!

Good luck:happy:
  • I would love to get in on the late night cut off time. This is my worst problem with weight loss. I also go to bed late, usually after midnight. I think a realistic cut off time would be 9:30. This will be harder than push-ups!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    K, I'm in. 3 hours before my bedtime is 8:00. That is my time to pull out Green tea, tooth brushing, and chatting to you guys!:bigsmile:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    This is a very week thing for me. I'm making a ticker!
  • You know, brushing teeth early is a good idea. That would keep me from eating more. I'm past my "snack time" so I'm going to brush my teeth, work a puzzle and go to bed! Good night all.
  • After-dinner snacking is really my greatest challenge. I do fine all day and even when I've had plenty to eat, I seem to be grazing all evening. Especially if I have had anything other than a VERY small glass of wine! So, challenge accepted! Actually I will count from Day 1 as I had already started working on this. Web surfing actually helps as it keeps my hands busy... We have late dinner, so my cutoff would be after dinner, 8:00 pm. Except for decaf coffee or teas, nothing to eat or drink. Thanks for support.

120757.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calori
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Day 1 done:)
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    having to drop out for medical reasons. Good luck to all.
    Marie
  • zaza54
    Sorry Marie that you have to drop out. I hope you are OK.
    Welcome to all the others who have just joined us!
This discussion has been closed.