Sober September

Options

Replies

• shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    Made it through another social event without wine. Was pretty easy this time! 27 days AF so far.

Great job! I hope that I can do the same. For now I'm just avoiding everything. :smile:

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Went out to eat tonight. My son had a beer, I had a diet coke.
    @shrcpr. For motivation read the sober weekdays thread. That's where I was a month and a half ago. Before you know it you'll only crave the idea of a drink, and not the drink itself. That's where sparkling water can be useful!
  • pkthayu
    pkthayu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    7 days sober, thanks for all the encouragement on post! Taking it a day at a time...here is to day 8. My best wishes to u all
  • MyWhole30Journey
    MyWhole30Journey Posts: 175 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    So happy to see you all doing well :) Let's keep at it!
  • shrcpr
    Options
    Went out to eat tonight. My son had a beer, I had a diet coke.
    @shrcpr. For motivation read the sober weekdays thread. That's where I was a month and a half ago. Before you know it you'll only crave the idea of a drink, and not the drink itself. That's where sparkling water can be useful!

Thanks for the tip - I'll check out that thread. Except for the sparkling water - love my diet coke but I think sparkling water is so gross. LOL - I get the idea though - just have something else that I like.

As for me, another weekend under my belt with no drinking. I did have a picnic at the park but it was a no-alcohol allowed park so that helped. So day 24 for me. Feeling pretty good about it although I'm finding I'm bored a lot so I need to find something else to do.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Chugging along... no pun intended! I'm feeling quite good. It was a bit difficult on Friday as I was on an all-office "field trip" and everyone was having booze at lunch but I just had water. I was the only one not falling asleep in the afternoon! That felt pretty good!!
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    Still here and still sober :) Day 53
  • fiddletime
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    15 years here without a drink.

The dry life is the only life worth living.

I stopped because I decided to stop permanently and it worked. No meetings, no psycho therapy, I just decided to knock it off once and for all.

I like this thread. I know a few people who initially decided to stop temporarily and they felt so good without the swill they decided to make it permanent.

Here's to hoping you all decide that. Cheers!

Thanks for posting! If only I could find a health reason to continue drinking..... As it is I'm now AF for a month with no reason to have it be temporary and many reasons to have it be permanent. Reasons: feel great in the morning, don't make a fool of myself at social gatherings, and am now able to lose weight pretty easily (but slow and steady).

• phattygnatty
    phattygnatty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just found this. I hope you all continue for October because I would really like to join :)
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I'll be in for sober October! And it rhymes!! I had so much sparkling water last night that I got up 3 times but I still feel better this morning than I would after a few glasses of wine!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    NEVER!!!!!!!!
  • fiddletime
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    NEVER!!!!!!!!
    Never what? This is an open board for those who are interested. Count me in for October!
  • shrcpr
    Options
    Day 27 AF for me. I feel a lot better, especially sleeping better and feeling better when I wake up! Still waffling around about October, which is dumb. If I feel better and it's helping me with the weight loss, why am I waffling around?? (Not really looking for an answer to that!)
  • MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    Ditto, in for October :smile:
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    In for October as well. Gotta keep the streak alive!!!
  • fiddletime
    Options
    Got through an open bar dinner le you're last night and not only did I not drink the alcohol, I also stopped eating when I was full, leaving rice and most of my desert to be thrown out. Have a whole away weekend starting tomorrow with a bunch of people so this was great preparation for holding the line on both extra food, and wine.
  • shrcpr
    Options
    Last weekend of Sober September. Feeling strong and it's been a good month! :smile: 28 days AF for me.
    Got through an open bar dinner le you're last night and not only did I not drink the alcohol, I also stopped eating when I was full, leaving rice and most of my desert to be thrown out. Have a whole away weekend starting tomorrow with a bunch of people so this was great preparation for holding the line on both extra food, and wine.

Good for you! Enjoy your weekend!

• MyWhole30Journey
    Options
    @fiddletime I do hope you have an enjoyable weekend. You've come very far and I'm confident that you won't let this weekend gathering spoil all the good you've done for yourself.
    I'm doing well. I'll spend a quiet weekend at home with my husband getting some projects done before the weather gets too cold. Loving these Autumn days and nights!
    HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE AND STAY SOBER :)
  • sugom2
    sugom2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well, I just saw this Sober September posting, wish I had seen on 9/1-- I have been trying to do this on my own and continue to fail. Seems I'll go 2-3 days without any beer, and then breakdown. I started with a plan of "no beer Sunday-Thursday, but seem to fail at that. I only manage to stay on track when I travel for work--go figure.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I had wine last night, darnit! The good news is that I stopped after 2, but I am so disappointed in myself!! I feel so much better without it, but I had a moment of weakness. Anyway, back on it now. I am NEVER going back to drinking the way that I used to. AF is the way for me.