What if 1200 calories is actually my maintenance #?

Options

Replies

• stephaniemarie2
    stephaniemarie2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks again!!! I will open my diary... I have been writing alot down. Trying to get it in for you all willing to help.
    Nordlead - Exactly how I feel.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    elvensnow wrote: »
    I don't get it....maitenance hashtag???? Shouldn't it be #maitenance if you're trying to start a trending twitter topic???

I honestly can't tell if you're serious or trolling... but the "hashtag" symbol has been around longer than twitter and it can stand for "number". So she was asking about her maintenance number.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I feel like I'm getting mighty old when people today are seeing a "number sign" and thinking its a "hashtag".
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Very, very unlikely that 1200 is your maintenance!! Don't panic!

I'd say you're actually consuming a lot more than you think due to not measuring foods! I say that because before I purchased an electronic food scale, I was under-estimating my calories by around 300 per day! This can really affect the process if you are doing on a regular occasion. Buy that scale! :D
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    I don't get it....maitenance hashtag???? Shouldn't it be #maitenance if you're trying to start a trending twitter topic???

I honestly can't tell if you're serious or trolling... but the "hashtag" symbol has been around longer than twitter and it can stand for "number". So she was asking about her maintenance number.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I feel like I'm getting mighty old when people today are seeing a "number sign" and thinking its a "hashtag".

I concur!!!!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    If 1200 is the number I would say exercise will be an important part of long time success.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    logging errors...yes, some of these can be from not properly weighing or measuring...but most often this is also accompanied by erroneous and otherwise generic entries from the database.

your maintenance isn't 1200 calories...you're logging is in one way or another inaccurate.
  • rnegoro
    rnegoro Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It could be water weight, the best tell tale sign to check whether you're on burning fat or not is your thirst and acetone breath. Water retention is dependent on sodium intake.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

really???
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP - your logging is off somewhere.

Do you use a food scale?
    Are you eating back exercise calories?
    Do you log everything?
  • velveteen7845
    velveteen7845 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Another vote here for using a digital scale to weigh everything and I would suggest setting it to grams instead of ounces.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

I concur!!!!

Must be a joke. I refuse to believe that a 33 yo actually doesn't recognize the # symbol as meaning number (or pound.)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Most people who think that they are maintaining on very little are underestimating their food intake.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    rnegoro wrote: »
    It could be water weight, the best tell tale sign to check whether you're on burning fat or not is your thirst and acetone breath. Water retention is dependent on sodium intake.

Best tell tale signs of diabetes, maybe, and might be present if one is on a low-carb diet, but not at all a general indicator or requirement for one to be burning fat.
  • SeanNJ
    SeanNJ Posts: 153 Member
    Options

I concur!!!!

Just wait until automated phone trees change their prompts to "Please enter the number and press the hashtag key."
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I used to always log an apple as 80 calories. Until I weighed my slices......not 80 cals but 150!!! I learned to listen after that! Thank you everyone!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options

Just wait until automated phone trees change their prompts to "Please enter the number and press the hashtag key."

Glad I wasn't the only thinking that # also stands for the pound symbol :blush: When twitter first -- whatever it did, appeared, was invented, got popular, I read all hashtag things as "pound symbol" whatever it was.

#iamnotthatold
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

really???

Maintenance # is maintenance pounds. (or maintenance number, which is ackbasswords.)

#= number #3 or
    pounds 30#
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »

really???

Maintenance # is maintenance pounds. (or maintenance number, which is ackbasswords.)

#= number #3 or
    pounds 30#
    I sure hope she's not planning to maintain at 1200 pounds...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »

really???

#= number #3 or
    pounds 30#

yea, I know that, but thanks for clarifying.
  • tiffanyschadow
    tiffanyschadow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was at a plateau for over 2 weeks and I read that someone suggested eating 500 calories a day 2 days a week just in case she was underreporting her caloric intake so I tried it. Yes you will bite someone's head off from the hangry LOL but I swear I dropped the 2 lbs I needed to in just one week. My food scale is on the way so I tried the 500 calorie suggestion just to be sure I'm not overeating throughout the week. I also workout 5x a week. Do you exercise?