5lbs in 5 days.

Options

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    OP= original poster. VLCD = very low calorie diet. You'll see them both on MFP all the time.

See below, better reply :D
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Ops? VLCD? English man
    OP = Original Poster
    VLCD = Very Low Calorie Diet
    You don't speak the lingua franca but you want your voice to carry weight (more actually) as much as the natives?
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    no comprenda me amigo

hahaha you guys are to uptight
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    no comprenda me amigo

Seriously...you make my day on here.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    no comprenda me amigo

Actually, I disagree, I think we have a great sense of humour that we're not allowed to show ;)
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    OP, I'd log my calories and make sure to eat enough in a day. Generally speaking, 1200 is used as 'enough' calories for women who aren't very short (but it's pretty darned low). That's after subtracting exercise calories burned off and not eaten back. Cutting carbs could make someone cut too much; I know it would have for me!

I'm not saying anyone is wrong about the water weight at all, btw, y'all :)
  • FrankWhite27330
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    See, now this is an actually funny way of stating it:
    lore-publicacceptance.png

• FrankWhite27330
    Options
    tumblr_lrs97jJHzh1r3v6f2o1_400.gif
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    So on Monday I decided it was time to take action I was unhappy with my weight I was 210lbs, 5'7 to begin with I'm 18 . I decided that I was going to go on my original lifestyle which was low carbs and more protein and moderate working out . So far I feel good I don't feel as hungry and all round just in a better mood. But I want to know is it ok to drop 5lbs in a week ?

Since you decided to go back to low carb, you likely were depleting your glycogen stores and lost a fair amount of water weight. That doesn't mean you've done anything wrong, but the rapid loss at the beginning is fine. Make sure you stick to your calorie goals and log as accurately as you can, and your losses should balance out over the next few weeks (although they will slow, so don't get disappointed when they do).
  • Elizabeth1515
    Elizabeth1515 Posts: 26 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    mutatedpie wrote: »
    This is what I find really sad on here lately. No one can post a form without arguing because everyone needs to get the last word in. The question was answered, so why continue to give the poor girl forum notifications because of someone's need to be right?

Thank you . I just wanted to know if this is ok . I did the low carb diet before and I lost 2 stones in about 2 months and my weight loss was rapid . But I just wanted to know is it all water weight or a bit of fat too. At the start of the week I was 15 stone and I'm now 14st 7.5lbs

• AppetiteControlFreak
    Options
    Any diet is a marathon and not a sprint

Keep a calorie deficit long term and any diet will work

I do moderate carb. And calories do matter.

Just stick with it!
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    This is what I find really sad on here lately. No one can post a form without arguing because everyone needs to get the last word in. The question was answered, so why continue to give the poor girl forum notifications because of someone's need to be right?

Thank you . I just wanted to know if this is ok . I did the low carb diet before and I lost 2 stones in about 2 months and my weight loss was rapid . But I just wanted to know is it all water weight or a bit of fat too. At the start of the week I was 15 stone and I'm now 14st 7.5lbs

Just keep doing what you're doing. You're off to a good start. :smile:

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

You're doing fine keep with it. The only other thing is that you sound like you've started and restarted low carb several times. Low carb works great for some people, but if it's something you have problems maintaining long term, it might not be for you.

To optimize your chances of sticking with it, utilize all the tools available to you. There are many users doing low carb who have succeeded long term. Try joining some of the low carb groups here for their support. And make sure you're getting enough fats to keep you satiated.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

have you been in a calorie deficit? if yes, there is certainly some fat loss (3500 calories=1 pound)

• Elizabeth1515
    Elizabeth1515 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

have you been in a calorie deficit? if yes, there is certainly some fat loss (3500 calorie=1 pound)

Well MFP tells me to have 1780 calories and I only have about 1000 and sometimes a little less . But I am in school and walk around a lot and usually I do my 10000 steps .

• rnegoro
    rnegoro Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just do it and ignore the comments, if you're losing weight and getting good results that will motivate you , why would you need to care ? Eventually it all boils down to motivation and motivation comes from results. You can start to build the muscles later after you reach a nice level.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

have you been in a calorie deficit? if yes, there is certainly some fat loss (3500 calorie=1 pound)

Well MFP tells me to have 1780 calories and I only have about 1000 and sometimes a little less . But I am in school and walk around a lot and usually I do my 10000 steps .

You should be eating closer to what MFP tells you to. It is very hard to get proper nutrition on 1,000 calories a day, and it is not healthy or sustainable long term.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

please try to eat more, you'll be fine eating your suggested intake