Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm seriously considering putting in a transfer request at work for a better position out of a different office (a smidge farther, but no big). It would have NO DIRECT REPORTS (~*happy dance*~)and be a step up, career-wise.

The catch is there's no way I can even apply without my current manager signing of on my transfer paperwork, and I soooo don't want to deal with the drama that's probably going to bring.

I also don't believe that she'll keep it appropriately under wraps because she's a spaz, so if it doesn't go my way, everyone will still be freaked out. Oy.

Go for it.

Transfer request forms filled out for three positions (two at our other local campus, one "flexible" with some travel requirements), awaiting signature (manager is off today).

*gulp*
    Great! Good luck.

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Okay I can't lie guys- compared to the jawbone UP the Fitbit really doesn't measure up :( I gained 30 steps driving home from work and the last hour or so I've gained many from moving my arms and j was sitting! This sucks, I'd much rather have a device that gyped me on steps than giving me more I didn't take

I haven't switched yet because I don't want to spend the money. It seems like you're having alot of problems with it.

Not a lot of problems, it's just different you know? I will say I do prefer the UP for step reliability but I refuse to give this band up now that I'm part of a lot of different challenges I couldn't be when I had the UP. It's a give and take kind of thing :(

Just so you know, Fitbit does cheat you out of steps here and there. I've found that it pretty much evens out overall, unless you're constantly rapidly swinging your arms around. :p And 100 extra steps is only around five calories, anyway. Don't sweat it! :)

THIS

When I first got mine, I watched a video of a guy that wore one for a day and manually counted his steps to check accuracy. It was a differences of less than 100 steps. When your step count is 10k + steps it does not make a difference, and if your step count is less, the difference is gonna be less. Yes, you might get a few extra steps while driving or folding laundry, but you get ones that are not counted when you are carrying a bag, or pushing a shopping cart, so it evens out in the end.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm seriously considering putting in a transfer request at work for a better position out of a different office (a smidge farther, but no big). It would have NO DIRECT REPORTS (~*happy dance*~)and be a step up, career-wise.

The catch is there's no way I can even apply without my current manager signing of on my transfer paperwork, and I soooo don't want to deal with the drama that's probably going to bring.

I also don't believe that she'll keep it appropriately under wraps because she's a spaz, so if it doesn't go my way, everyone will still be freaked out. Oy.

Go for it.

Transfer request forms filled out for three positions (two at our other local campus, one "flexible" with some travel requirements), awaiting signature (manager is off today).

*gulp*

Good luck!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Go for it.

*gulp*

My fingers are crossed for you.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So here I am in the ER with my 15 yo. I took him to urgent care thinking bronchitis or pneumonia. They gave him a breathing treatment (duoneb and accuneb together, which I think was the problem. He needed one or the other, I think. I don't even think the NP knows she ordered it that way.) and ended up calling EMS to bring him here. Chest xray is clear, so not pneumonia. Blood pressure is coming back down. Tachycardia is over. Waiting for blood test to see what the white blood count is. I trust Dr. Gerlock, the ER doc, but this is nerve wrecking.
    On the plus side, Son2 is complaining about being hungry. Always a good sign.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Go for it.

*gulp*

Yayyy!! Fingers crossed for you of course!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    So here I am in the ER with my 15 yo. I took him to urgent care thinking bronchitis or pneumonia. They gave him a breathing treatment (duoneb and accuneb together, which I think was the problem. He needed one or the other, I think. I don't even think the NP knows she ordered it that way.) and ended up calling EMS to bring him here. Chest xray is clear, so not pneumonia. Blood pressure is coming back down. Tachycardia is over. Waiting for blood test to see what the white blood count is. I trust Dr. Gerlock, the ER doc, but this is nerve wrecking.

Ugh does not sound fun, positive vibes, thoughts, and prayers for you and your family!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Aaahg. Thinking of you both. I hope whatever it is passes quickly
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Go for it.

*gulp*

Yayyy!! Fingers crossed for you of course!!

Mine too
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many of you to quote, so blanket thank you in advance! ;)

I actually touched base with one of the hiring managers already (the flex/travel position) since the posting was from a bit ago and I wanted to make sure it was ACTUALLY still open. He said he'd be awaiting my submission tomorrow and be sure to screen it ASAP (planning panel interviews the next two weeks - good timing, self!).
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Hope all is okay!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. Dr, Gerlock thinks late onset asthma and allergic bronchitis. The adverse reaction was the two doses of albuterol at the same time. Probably enough albuterol for a 300 pound person in severe distress and they gave it to my 140 pound son who was in minor distress. We will be going home shortly. Praise the Lord.

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

I actually touched base with one of the hiring managers already (the flex/travel position) since the posting was from a bit ago and I wanted to make sure it was ACTUALLY still open. He said he'd be awaiting my submission tomorrow and be sure to screen it ASAP (planning panel interviews the next two weeks - good timing, self!).

Yay! Good luck!

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. Dr, Gerlock thinks late onset asthma and allergic bronchitis. The adverse reaction was the two doses of albuterol at the same time. Probably enough albuterol for a 300 pound person in severe distress and they gave it to my 140 pound son who was in minor distress. We will be going home shortly. Praise the Lord.

Glad you're going home! Sending you good vibes!!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

glad to hear this!
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Go get the job you want! Best of luck.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

I am glad you are going home soon. Whew!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins - glad they got it sorted out for you!

@CountessKitteh I'm late but I'm wishing you all the best!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Excellent. Good luck!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Scary! Glad all worked out ok!