Protein fluff where have you been all my life?

Options

Replies

• kwownow
    kwownow Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just ordered xanthan gum from Amazon. Never heard of this stuff but willing to try. Protein powder, milk, X gum , and maybe pb2????
    Question- can I use a vitamin rather than holding hand mixer for 10 minutes?
    Anyone willing to share recipes would be appreciated.
  • kwownow
    kwownow Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I meant VITAMIX, not vitamin
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    kwownow wrote: »
    I meant VITAMIX, not vitamin

The Vitamix will blend everything but it will not fluff it up.
  • Char231023
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    hidding on this forum!
    i never even heard about it till i read about it here a bit back. although i cannot get it to come out fluffy, it still is a delicious soft ice cream like treat. i like to use 100% cocoa powder instead of protein powder sometimes too.

What kind of protein powder are you using? I used one scoop Trutein vanilla (it is a blended whey, casein, and egg protein) half a cup of 1% milk and 120 grams of frozen strawberries. I mixed it with my kitchen aid mixer came out really fluffy.

i only use hemp protein powder. i used it with unsweeten vanilla almond milk and frozen fruits to make fluff but, from reading replies, i guess my hemp protein powder is probably why i never get any real fluffiness.. i like vanilla so going to amazon now to order the Trutein vanilla you use.

EDIT: they had trutein sample sizes on amazon so i got five different ones to try instead of buying 2lbs of the vanilla first. i was happy to see the vanilla is actually vanilla bean (my favorite vanilla) so i should like it if its not too chalky tasting. Can't wait to try a real 'fluffy' protein fluff now. thanks for sharing :)

What flavors did you get? I have had the red velvet (amazing) and the vanilla also very good. I really want to try the birthday cake and their seasonal flavor shamrock shake.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    This is how I've always made my shakes, I just called it "Frotein"
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    hidding on this forum!
    i never even heard about it till i read about it here a bit back. although i cannot get it to come out fluffy, it still is a delicious soft ice cream like treat. i like to use 100% cocoa powder instead of protein powder sometimes too.

What kind of protein powder are you using? I used one scoop Trutein vanilla (it is a blended whey, casein, and egg protein) half a cup of 1% milk and 120 grams of frozen strawberries. I mixed it with my kitchen aid mixer came out really fluffy.

i only use hemp protein powder. i used it with unsweeten vanilla almond milk and frozen fruits to make fluff but, from reading replies, i guess my hemp protein powder is probably why i never get any real fluffiness.. i like vanilla so going to amazon now to order the Trutein vanilla you use.

EDIT: they had trutein sample sizes on amazon so i got five different ones to try instead of buying 2lbs of the vanilla first. i was happy to see the vanilla is actually vanilla bean (my favorite vanilla) so i should like it if its not too chalky tasting. Can't wait to try a real 'fluffy' protein fluff now. thanks for sharing :)

What flavors did you get? I have had the red velvet (amazing) and the vanilla also very good. I really want to try the birthday cake and their seasonal flavor shamrock shake.

they didn't have the shamrock shake at all (i have a protein shake recipe of one saved on my computer upstairs if you want it) and they had no samples of the birthday cake.. i got the VB, chocolate mint, chocolate PB cup, red velvet cake and banana cream..
  • Char231023
    Options
    hidding on this forum!

they didn't have the shamrock shake at all (i have a protein shake recipe of one saved on my computer upstairs if you want it) and they had no samples of the birthday cake.. i got the VB, chocolate mint, chocolate PB cup, red velvet cake and banana cream..

Yes I would love the recipe thank you. They also have a caramel mocha flavor that sounds good.
  • MrsSylvie
    Options
    hidding on this forum!

Yes I would love the recipe thank you. They also have a caramel mocha flavor that sounds good.

like most recipes i save, I have not tried this recipe yet so i don't know how good it is! just notice it uses your vanilla Trutein powder, guess i will buy the blah cottage cheese for it now or perhaps use a plain thick yogurt instead and swap the stevia with something else too.

Shamrock Shake by Jessica cook
    Serves 2

Minty, frosty shamrock protein shake
    Ingredients

1 oz Peppermint (Mint)
    1 serving (serving = 1/4 package) Jell-O Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Cheesecake Pudding Mix
    1 serving (serving = 1/2 cup) Breakstone's 2% Lowfat Small Curd Cottage Cheese
    1 serving (serving = 1 packet) Sugar in the Raw Stevia Extract in the Raw
    1 cup Baby Spinach
    1.5 serving (serving = 1 scoop) TruNutrition Sciences Trutein - Vanilla
    1 serving (serving = 1 cup) Silk Pure Almond Milk - Unsweetened Vanilla

Directions
    1 1/2 scoop vanilla trutein protein powder, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, 1 1/2 tbsp sugar free fat free cheesecake pudding mix, 1 stevia packet, 1 1/2 cups spinach, 6 mint leaves, 1-2 tsp peppermint extract, 6 ice cubes. Blend away and top with extra mint if you're feeling it!

NUTRITIONAL FACTS
    per 1 serving size
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories176Calories from Fat 31
    % Daily Values*
    Total Fat3.455.31%
    Saturated Fat 1.175.85%
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.35
    Monounsaturated Fat 0.76
    Cholesterol 30.0010.00%
    Sodium 484.0020.17%
    Potassium 194.00
    Total Carbohydrate 13.664.55%
    Dietary Fiber 3.8815.52%
    Sugars 3.57
    Protein 25.21
    Vitamin A 113.00%Vitamin C 31.00%
    Calcium 36.00%Iron 13.50%

• Char231023
    Options
    Th
    hidding on this forum!

like most recipes i save, I have not tried this recipe yet so i don't know how good it is! just notice it uses your vanilla Trutein powder, guess i will buy the blah cottage cheese for it now or perhaps use a plain thick yogurt instead and swap the stevia with something else too.

Shamrock Shake by Jessica cook
    Serves 2

Minty, frosty shamrock protein shake
    Ingredients

1 oz Peppermint (Mint)
    1 serving (serving = 1/4 package) Jell-O Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Cheesecake Pudding Mix
    1 serving (serving = 1/2 cup) Breakstone's 2% Lowfat Small Curd Cottage Cheese
    1 serving (serving = 1 packet) Sugar in the Raw Stevia Extract in the Raw
    1 cup Baby Spinach
    1.5 serving (serving = 1 scoop) TruNutrition Sciences Trutein - Vanilla
    1 serving (serving = 1 cup) Silk Pure Almond Milk - Unsweetened Vanilla

Directions
    1 1/2 scoop vanilla trutein protein powder, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, 1 1/2 tbsp sugar free fat free cheesecake pudding mix, 1 stevia packet, 1 1/2 cups spinach, 6 mint leaves, 1-2 tsp peppermint extract, 6 ice cubes. Blend away and top with extra mint if you're feeling it!

NUTRITIONAL FACTS
    per 1 serving size
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories176Calories from Fat 31
    % Daily Values*
    Total Fat3.455.31%
    Saturated Fat 1.175.85%
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.35
    Monounsaturated Fat 0.76
    Cholesterol 30.0010.00%
    Sodium 484.0020.17%
    Potassium 194.00
    Total Carbohydrate 13.664.55%
    Dietary Fiber 3.8815.52%
    Sugars 3.57
    Protein 25.21
    Vitamin A 113.00%Vitamin C 31.00%
    Calcium 36.00%Iron 13.50%

Thank you for this. I think I have everything but the mint.
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Never even heard of this. Sounds deliciously good.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm eating mine at the moment. I made chocolate caramel cheese cake with whipped cream tonight! My best so far.

I really want this recipe.

Ingredients: 20g ON Gold Standard chocolate casein powder
    6g xanthan gum
    1 serving Jello-0 cheesecake mix
    stevia
    4-8 cubes crushed ice
    2-4 oz of water
    Walden Farms pancake, chocolate, and caramel syrup
    Fat free reddiwhip

Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl, along with a couple oz of water. Mix on low until mixture is wet, add some ice and increase speed, add water and ice slowly over the next minute then blast it on high for a good 10 minutes.

I added stevia and all the syrups towards the end once it was fluffed but kept fluffing. I was generous with the amount. Top with fat free reddiwhip, 10 g.

As far as liquid goes you have to use your judgement. Before I used ice I used to use 8 oz of water, I cut it to 2-4 with ice.

nttz0b24usf7.jpg

• Char231023
    Options
    I'm eating mine at the moment. I made chocolate caramel cheese cake with whipped cream tonight! My best so far.

6g xanthan gum
    stevia
    4-8 cubes crushed ice
    2-4 oz of water
    Fat free reddiwhip

Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl, along with a couple oz of water. Mix on low until mixture is wet, add some ice and increase speed, add water and ice slowly over the next minute then blast it on high for a good 10 minutes.

I added stevia and all the syrups towards the end once it was fluffed but kept fluffing. I was generous with the amount. Top with fat free reddiwhip, 10 g.

As far as liquid goes you have to use your judgement. Before I used ice I used to use 8 oz of water, I cut it to 2-4 with ice.

nttz0b24usf7.jpg

Thank you. That looks so good. I am going to try it tonight.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Ew
  • Char231023
    Options
    ValGogo wrote: »
    Ew

Why do you say that?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    This looks like an amazing treat, thanks for posting!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

6g xanthan gum
    stevia
    4-8 cubes crushed ice
    2-4 oz of water
    Fat free reddiwhip

nttz0b24usf7.jpg

Wow that looks amazing, I have to try it! Thank you :)
  • MrsSylvie
    Options
    hidding on this forum!

well the banana cream was yuck! it had a chemical like aftertaste so noticable that i ended up throwing 3/4 of the fluff out. it did however come out reallyyyy fluffy, that made me happy :) i used your measurements of one scoop/pack, 1/2 cup milk and 120grams of frozen fruit (bananas since it was banana cream), will keep using these measurements with next flavors, it made quite a bit..
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    ValGogo wrote: »
    Ew

No one is forcing it down your throat.
  • Char231023
    Options
    hidding on this forum!

well the banana cream was yuck! it had a chemical like aftertaste so noticable that i ended up throwing 3/4 of the fluff out. it did however come out reallyyyy fluffy, that made me happy :) i used your measurements of one scoop/pack, 1/2 cup milk and 120grams of frozen fruit (bananas since it was banana cream), will keep using these measurements with next flavors, it made quite a bit..

I'm sorry you didn't like it. I never had the banana flavor one. I weighted out the powder to be 30 grams which says it's a serving. Maybe try that. I hope you don't give up on the fluff because of that bad experience. Let me know if you try any of the other flavors.