October 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 if I couldn't be first I didn't want to be second so I waited LOL

120 miles for me, I have a HM on 11/14 but I think I'm still good with 120.

Are you doing the Huntsville Half? That's my tune-up race for Rocket City.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    @7lenny7 if I couldn't be first I didn't want to be second so I waited LOL

120 miles for me, I have a HM on 11/14 but I think I'm still good with 120.

Are you doing the Huntsville Half? That's my tune-up race for Rocket City.

@stoshew71 yes I am. Skip was supposed to do it too, but she's going to Orlando to a journalism competition instead. I think I'm going to volunteer to work at Rocket City.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Cooler weather ahead, and I tend to hate cold.. Figure I'll hold steady at another 90+.. Maybe I'll acclimate and push for my first 100 mile month.
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Challenging myself a bit more:

70 miles for October!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 250km/155 miles.

The race I had been training for all year was this past weekend; as of right now I've got nothing on the horizon and can't register for any of the races I want to do next year. I'm feeling lost lol.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    75 this month as I up-train for the LV RocknRoll 1/2 (which Ohhim will finish before my crib even starts!)
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    exercise.png
  • rogue024
    rogue024 Posts: 1,484 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I want to say 50 but I'm not sure if that's being aggressive. I could have done 40 miles for September if I didn't get sick towards the end. I managed 38.5, original goal was 35.

Thoughts anyone?
  • Elise4270
    Options
    rogue024 wrote: »
    I'm in! I want to say 50 but I'm not sure if that's being aggressive. I could have done 40 miles for September if I didn't get sick towards the end. I managed 38.5, original goal was 35.

Thoughts anyone?

I've been setting loose goals. I'd say maybe split the difference and go for 45+ ish :wink:

Good luck!
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 80miles!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'll try this again..... hopefully not a jinx!

I'm in for 50......

exercise.png

• 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100. I'd like to see my long runs hitting 9 miles by the end of the month, which really requires more total mileage. I won't push it just to hit the goal, though. My half isn't until February, but I'd like to take advantage of the good running weather in October and November to run outside, because I know I'll probably spend December and January mostly on the treadmill.

blk-exercise.png

• aprilcanrun
    aprilcanrun Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Going for another 90 this month.
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am back in for 120 miles. I didn't get a chance to post in the September challenge due to some huge life changes. I did run though! 96 miles out of a very loose goal of 120 miles. I am determined to get my life back into some sort of routine this month.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    My favourite-est thread on MFP!

I'm in for 322km / 200 miles stretch goal, 282km / 175 miles minimum.

Mike
    Vancouver, BC
  • davinci21
    davinci21 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    In for 64km/40miles
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    2 pages already! You guys don't mess around!

Added up my schedule... last big month of marathon training, with 2 half marathons planned... the math says about 220 miles. So let's see if we can make that happen. Eeek!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 60 :blush:
  • rogue024
    rogue024 Posts: 1,484 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    rogue024 wrote: »

Thoughts anyone?

I've been setting loose goals. I'd say maybe split the difference and go for 45+ ish :wink:

Good luck!

Thanks @Elise4270! I suppose you're right lol. Alright, I'll set my goal at 45 then!

@7lenny7 - have fun on your camping trip! My most precious childhood memories were the camping trips we took as a family. I miss it.

• Elise4270
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I need some first HM weather/attire advice.

Last few months I've been running in 85-100°F temps. I usually wear shorts and a bra, maybe a tank if its an earlier cooler run. Race day it'll be lower 50's (700AM) to mid 60's (by 11AM).. Perfect running weather. But, I'm not acclimated to cooler temps and I don't want to get uncomfortably warm, and don't want to run cold.

I'm set on shorts. Tank? Regular wicking short sleeved UA shirt, or a heavier short sleeved running shirt (that I have never run in, and has a few seems that might just pi$s me off).. I do have a light long sleeved UA/Nike shirts. I could go tank and light jacket, and my shorts have loops to run your shirts or jacket sleeves through, but I don't wanna run with my jacket around my waist if I can avoid it, think I'd rather be cold...

I know I'm over thinking this... And I know the rule - dress like its 20° warmer..... Advice? Comfy shirt and shorts and I won't be freezing?

Oh remember I will be walking here and there too... But cold might keep me moving a bit faster....

Yes, yes I'm neurotic. Just the hand I was dealt....