Wearing tight / smaller clothes to lose weight

Options
124»

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    0myHeer0 wrote: »
    Just wondering why that specific age. So like in junior high and in high school wear tight clothes but after you graduate you suddenly stop. Doesn't seem like a weird question but a curious one

yeah, i mean tight clothes don't necessarily = feeling whatever, & it's true not everyone likes or wants to wear tight clothes, but there's nothing wrong with it if you do, post 21. and i kind of feel like if you're going to wear tight, sexy clothes, post 21 is probably better than eg 14.

in answer to OP, i do NOT buy clothes that don't fit me when i try them on, ever.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I stopped wearing too-tight clothes when I was 18. Too-tight clothes make me uncomfortable and irritable, but if OP can deal with it, go her.

why 18? You were still young and life begins at 18. Life's too short to not want to feel sexy and beautiful in tight (rather fitted) clothes. I mean not every day but the times you go out to parties and what not especially at 21. Vegas, bars, clubs, pool parties, etc.

At 18, I finally realized no man wanted to sleep with or even be seen with me regardless of what I wore. Why dress to impress people who think/tell me I'm garbage to them? Also, I fairly fat at 18 - 5'2" & 145#, small breasts, big belly, and big butt. Not even the town pervs gave me a passing glance. Any parties I went to weren't the sort you "dressed up" for, especially if you wanted to have anything nice that didn't smell like cigarettes and beer vomit.

Good on you for having an excellent time and wore nice clothes when you were 18. Not everyone is so fortunate.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I stopped wearing too-tight clothes when I was 18. Too-tight clothes make me uncomfortable and irritable, but if OP can deal with it, go her.

why 18? You were still young and life begins at 18. Life's too short to not want to feel sexy and beautiful in tight (rather fitted) clothes. I mean not every day but the times you go out to parties and what not especially at 21. Vegas, bars, clubs, pool parties, etc.

At 18, I finally realized no man wanted to sleep with or even be seen with me regardless of what I wore. Why dress to impress people who think/tell me I'm garbage to them? Also, I fairly fat at 18 - 5'2" & 145#, small breasts, big belly, and big butt. Not even the town pervs gave me a passing glance. Any parties I went to weren't the sort you "dressed up" for, especially if you wanted to have anything nice that didn't smell like cigarettes and beer vomit.

Good on you for having an excellent time and wore nice clothes when you were 18. Not everyone is so fortunate.

(((zyxst)))

you can wear them now, if you want to.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I just think about how gross I look nekkid. Then I think about the one day where I will like my body. I want to love my outside as much as I love my inside
  • margauxmilchen
    margauxmilchen Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My once tight clothes that are now really baggy, even after I through them in a hot dryer (new for my clothes lol) ...give me a false security. I have size 22...and size 17...16..15 So I am probably around an 18 but since I have lost 30 lbs in 70 days, and have 90 left to go, no way am I investing money for maybe a month or so. I can get into my 17s..but I look overstuffed..so, just another 10 lbs...for that size, or deal with it tight.
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I would not find wearing too-tight clothes motivating. What I *have* done is try on (but not wear out in public) clothes I already own that "suddenly" stopped fitting me (which was the kick in the butt I needed to start actively trying to lose weight, vs just trying to be/stay healthy) to see how much better they fit. I don't care about the numbers on the scale, except for this tracking I'm now doing: if I could just trade that fat for muscle with the same scale-reading, that would still make my clothes fit well again. (weights plus cardio plus eating less FTW)
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    No. Just no. LOL. Clothes that are too tight? How uncomfortable. Not to mention can we say muffin top sausage legs? Or what about back rolls with a tight shirt. Shivers. Yuck!!!!! I will be patient and wear clothes that fit. I have 25 pounds left to lose I can wait.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Specifically to lose weight, no. However, when I buy things that fit perfectly the day I try them on I have the misfortune of them being to big within a month. Happened with some shorts I bought at the end of August. Halfway through September and I needed a belt. So when I bought jeans, I went for some that were slightly snug in hopes that they will last me longer than a month.
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I work with a girl who wore the same jeans Before her baby. After Somehow she samiched all that in there.. and sure enough in a month or 3 they fit.. she said same thing as OP
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I used to wear clothes too small when I was just chubby because I was in size denial. I became morbidly obese. I guess it didn't work for me.
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH. This is genius! Okay, I will not wear workout clothes that stretch in comfy time, and I will not go a size up anymore.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would wear clothes that are too tight. My problem is the opposite. Right now all my clothes are too loose. I can't bring myself to go out and spend money on clothes that I'm only going to be able to wear for two months. I've gone from a size 24 to a size 16 in six months. The smallest clothes I have in my closet are 18s. I'm losing 8 pounds per month. So right now I'm just using a belt but it is getting rediculous. All my work shirts are 2X or 3x. UGGG!!!!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    One of the bonuses to switching to a job at the company employee fitness center: most of the pants I'll be wearing will have elastic waistbands and drawstrings. No more buying new clothes every. friggin. month.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I buy clothes that don't fit all the time. If I really like a pair of shorts, I'll buy them in three sizes.

I've had to say goodbye to too many clothes I liked. I learned my lesson! If I like it, I buy several sizes.

That going to end soon because I don't know how many more sizes I'll go down. I'm in a 10 and will get to 6, but don't think I'll get to 4.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Considering I am likely to lose more weight and therefore be unable to wear clothes I currently wear for much longer - when out shopping, I tend to buy one size smaller than I am now. It seems pointless to buy clothes in my current size only for it not fit me a few weeks later! :]

That being said, I won't wear the smaller size until I can physically fit into it comfortably. There is nothing worse than wearing jeans that are cutting in. I've done this in the past and it's given me stomach aches and I've also been known to pop a button or two!

Wearing smaller sizes doesn't encourage me to lose weight, it just makes me feel miserable that I can't yet fit into it and it doesn't flatter how good I already look!
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I think most of you guys are of the same mind as I am. You all are just better at phrasing it than me. I don't like wearing "yoga pants" all the time because they make me forget to watch what I'm eating.

I also have "goal clothes" too. I think it helps me.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I try them on occasionally but constantly looking weird to remind myself to make good choices won't work for me. I'd much rather do some prep and pack all my meals from home to avoid temptations.
  • captjac97
    captjac97 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    so I started wearing Palazzo pants (loose baggy elastic waist) to work. Very dangerous. I can not fit into my button and zip clothes any more. I have gained back every ounce that I lost about 2 years ago. Now that fall is here and winter coming, I will either need to buy all new clothes (in the size I am in now) or get serious about losing weight. I vote for get serious about losing weight.
    I say all that because I have the smaller sized clothes already in my closet but really have to work to get back into them. I don't feel comfortable at all in them. Not even close. They will button and zip, but not comfy!
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The only thing I'll wear tight is undershirts. I don't mind clothes that fit, or flatter, but not tight. I mean, all of the skinny-me jeans are pretty form fitting, but that's just because I have huge legs. Shirts, I always just go for the smallest size that will fall correctly, but not cling, and not balloon.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I started trying to lose weight because I refused to buy a size bigger than what I was already wearing (I had already been doing that to make myself feel more comfortable... and it allowed me to keep getting fat). So... without buying new clothes I was already wearing clothes that were too tight. But intentionally buy smaller clothes... I did once. But I after buying them I regretted it, because I couldn't breathe!! :laugh: So no!! Never again!! Although... those clothes are still there waiting for me for when I finally lose enough weight to fit into them comfortably. :blush: