Early morning gym goers?

Options

Replies

• vjjohnson3
    vjjohnson3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    For me personally no doesn't work for me. I could do restorative yoga or gentle stretching or deep breathing or a fasted walk at that time but for me 1 pm to 6 pm is where my body does its m's best intense work.
  • ShaunaLouiseByrne1992
    Options
    I'd love to be the type of gym bunny that wakes up early but I love my sleep too much!
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    6am body combat session this morning before thekids woke up - hard but better as now i can get on with my day
  • Nicki_G724
    Nicki_G724 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    6am body combat session this morning before thekids woke up - hard but better as now i can get on with my day

Awesome work!!!
  • KateTVM
    KateTVM Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Up at 430 to gym for 5 5-6x/wk - best time for me to get it in before life gets in the way! Mix it up some morning weights, some spin some runs outdoors. Just have a good coffee and enjoyable workout parter!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    It's 6.45 on Saturday morning and I've already done my workout for the day :)
    Now I can have all day to enjoy the glorious weather and hang out with the kids.
    Plus starting the day off with an endorphin rush is awesome!!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I am not fond of the gym,,,, But I do start at 4am,, out the door I go.... I do 2 to 3 hours hard cardio.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:00 am to prepare my protein shake and be at the gym at 5 am. Weekends I sleep an extra hour. As mentioned already by other posters:
    Pros: workout done before breakfast, full of energy and less stress for the day. Everything is available at the gym. No crowds.
    Cons: Early bedtime, social life is curtailed.
    It is worth it for me.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Meee! I am there when they unlock the doors at 4:45 and I am hooked. I hate the mornings where I cant go to the gym before work (I sit all day) and I just feel lethargic at the end of the day without my morning workout.
  • Gretzmo
    Gretzmo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been getting up at 4:00 am to workout 3 days a week. It's the only time we are sure to fit it in. I admit I whine about it more than he does, but he won't let me sleep in and we get it done!
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I need to get back into the routine!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Back in the day, I used to workout at 5am for 2 hours a day. Back then I was also competing so the gym was pretty empty and I could bang out workouts with no interference.
    Today, not so much anymore. Mid mornings are my go to now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • anapplefortheteacher
    Options
    Over the summer I like to workout around 8, but during the school year I go to a 5A.m. class. It was tough at first, but now I just get up and go.

For me it as easier to commit to the morning than to go after work.
  • Noot30
    Noot30 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I get up at about 5 twice a week to fit exercise in. the only way to cram more into my day was to make it longer!

As others have said the evenings are usually taken up with kids, cooking, getting ready for the next day. So the early hours are "spare" time that I can make use of. I dont even really notice the early starts now, been doing them for about 3 years, and its only twice a week.
  • rrcoffey
    rrcoffey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I prefer early mornings...on my days off, I'm at the gym for 5am. I work early mornings (start at 4am), so my work days have to have evening workouts, but that's much harder for me, physically and mentally. If I worked normal business hours, I'd work out early every day!
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm usually at the gtm by 6. I love it! There's usually maybe 2 other people if that in the weight area, I get the squat rack all to myself : )
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person but I love going to the gym in the morning. I have a problem making it a habit because I do not go to sleep early enough.
    Morning workouts puts me in a good mood and give me energy. I hate having to think about it all day that I need to go to the gym later, this way I get it out of the way. Also I noticed when I go in the morning it keeps me from overeating or munching on junk the rest of the day. I hate how dark it is outside though that early.
  • LastingChanges
    LastingChanges Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Over the summer I like to workout around 8, but during the school year I go to a 5A.m. class. It was tough at first, but now I just get up and go.

For me it as easier to commit to the morning than to go after work.

I've noticed this also when I go in the mornings I do it on auto pilot. If I wait to go in the evenings I start analyzing if I reallyy want to go, or I'm too tired, or if I have other things to do.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    4 am for me too. Its my "me time". Also I love the empty gym and I don't like the after work crowd.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Full admiration for people who can just get up and hit the gym that early. It would never work for me. It would make me resent exercise because it impacts on my previous evening (early night) and my morning where I'm happy to be a zombie for the first few hours. I've done it on holiday though and surprisingly enjoyed it.