Options
    Shut the front door!!!! You are a machine!!! So inspiring ♥
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    CoJak0810 wrote: »
    vwagar wrote: »
    Sassyk35 wrote: »
    Wow you look amazing! ! The Today show? Did you have skin surgery or anything? I don't in anyway mean to imply or offend I just ask because your transformation amazes me. If you don't mind me asking what are your before & after stats? How long did it take you?

No surgery my love!! I have loose skin but I lift free weights and its toning up! My stomach is flabby but I don't care! I started jan 2014 at 350 and now I'm 179

That's what you look like at 179?!?! You look like you are 130 at most! I'm at 187 and I look nothing like you and 5'3"

It has a lot to do with height and body structure. I'm almost 5'8 and at 160 I was a toothpick. Flat abs, couldn't pinch fat if you tried. You could see my hip bones sticking out. :) sigh slowly going to get back to that lol
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You're a true inspiration! I've lost 65 and get frustrated that I still have 60 to lose but stories like this help me see the light at the end of the tunnel!
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • taydalnik
    taydalnik Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    log, exercise, & eat well! You don't have to give it all up but 80% of your diet should be healthy ! My fitness pal has brought me all the way to the today show! My next goal is the cover of People! The sky is the limit guys! Trust and believe in yourself!!! 0coacxe9i30x.jpg
    ddz63eu290hb.jpg
    log, exercise, & eat well! You don't have to give it all up but 80% of your diet should be healthy ! My fitness pal has brought me all the way to the today show! My next goal is the cover of People! The sky is the limit guys! Trust and believe in yourself!!! 0coacxe9i30x.jpg
    ddz63eu290hb.jpg

• taydalnik
    taydalnik Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    You look great. Congratulations. However, please explain how lifting weights can tighten skin? Skin is not muscle. Skin will tighten up over time because it renews itself. Whether or not it will completely go back to original, i don't know. I have yet to see in myself how much recovery can be achieved in 2-3 years. One down two more to go. But im past menopause so many not as much as a young person.

Also i think you've probably done it harder than is necessary. People don't need to exericse to lose weight. People should exericse for their health but this means they don't have to really work that hard. Moderate exercise is all that's necessary for significant improvements in health. I lost all my weight without exercise and am only doing it now regularly for my health becuase i didn't feel like doing it before. NOw i jsut walk on the beach every day with my dog for about 3km and sometiems i do a few sprints or jog about 1km. GEtting your heart rate up is the quickest way to increase fitness. i'm not really interested in building muscle. I am interested in reducing muscle loss though so I only ever had a small calorie deficit to lose weight. I know this makes it slower and for people with a lot to lose they can increase the deficit but if you get hungry, then you probably fail after a while. So i balance the deficit with avoidance of hunger.

Strength training raises levels of human growth hormone in the body which in turn increases skin elasticity.

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0365-05962011000600015&lng=en&nrm=iso&tlng=en
  • mandyarostegui
    mandyarostegui Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I love seeing stories like this. I have kept 100 lbs off for 15 years now - I fully understand the loose skin issue. You learn to embrace it. I used to be set on having surgery, but now, I am okay with it. Glad to see it seems like you are also.

PS - I was on Oprah's last weight loss show... crazy how weight loss can take us places we never imagined, isn't it? Congrats on the Today show - I know you will make it to People magazine!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • vwagar
    vwagar Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    MirandaTN wrote: »
    Congrats to you! I love seeing stories like this. I have kept 100 lbs off for 15 years now - I fully understand the loose skin issue. You learn to embrace it. I used to be set on having surgery, but now, I am okay with it. Glad to see it seems like you are also.

PS - I was on Oprah's last weight loss show... crazy how weight loss can take us places we never imagined, isn't it? Congrats on the Today show - I know you will make it to People magazine!

Thank you so much!!! Nice to see that you've had the determination on keeping it off! That is my ultimate goal!!! God bless
  • vwagar
    Options
    taydalnik wrote: »
    You look great!

Thank you!!! I FEEL SO GOOD
  • vwagar
    Options
    You're a true inspiration! I've lost 65 and get frustrated that I still have 60 to lose but stories like this help me see the light at the end of the tunnel!

It is def possible! Look how far you have come! If flies by
  • Crys1209
    Crys1209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    ddz63eu290hb.jpg

Amazing!!!!!!!
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! You make 179lbs look like the 130's though. Great smile btw in both pics. Keep up the good work.
  • icklemay
    icklemay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done, u have done amazing and look amazin
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!