What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    entwife wrote: »
    Way to go SamGamgee!!
    By the way, have you seen any Ents on your travels??!!

Not yet, I've been too busy looking for potatoes!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did a 6 mile hike with 1000 foot elevation gain through a grove of Giant Sequoia trees. It was an amazing day and I wasn't over tired afterwards, although I did sleep really well last night!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    500 day streak today. :)
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Realizing today I really need to keep track of my NSV's better, there have been way more of them than I've taken the time to ackowledge so I'll list a few.

Seeing my food journal and being proud of what's in it.

Going to the store for a peach because darn it I wanted a peach and nothing else would do. This is huge because I had plenty of other snacks including the not so healthy stuff.

Went shopping with friends and didn't mind showing off how the clothes fit.

I'm starting to be able to just accept a compliment with a simple thank you!
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Raemama wrote: »
    There are suddenly parts of my body I don't hate...in fact, I am beginning to admire them. Legs, arms, shoulders, collarbone, new muscles popping out when I least expect. It's a nice feeling to not loathe this body for the first time in 22 years!

Absolutely feel this too! Great job!

You are all very motivating and I wish I could thank you all individually :-)
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    My coworkers were commenting last week that all my pants are getting baggy. :) So I raided my own closet looking for some smaller size pants, not really expecting to find any that fit. On a whim, I tried on the US size 16 pants that I bought when I slimmed a bit a couple years ago. They fit! I wore them to work yesterday and received several compliments that made me want to do a little happy dance.
  • kfdcem
    kfdcem Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My collar bones show enough now that I was able to notice for the first time that they are really rather lopsided. Adds character ;)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I had a coupon for $1 off a pastry from Wegmans. I chose one that cost exactly $1 (frugal victory), I chose one that looked tasty but also had lower calories than some of the other choices (170 cals vs 250) and the real NSV is that I didn't eat it in the car on the way back! I set it aside and will enjoy it when I REALLY want it-not the second I bought it.

No mindless eating, even when it is free! :D

Great job everyone, I love this thread the most!
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I've been running the same office for about nine months now. And in the past couple months I've had several customers to tell me about "the last girl that worked here" or ask me where the last girl went. Which turned out to be me, they just didn't recognize me. :D
  • MelimelCoco
    MelimelCoco Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    CJsf1t wrote: »
    I am out of obese cat 2. Yay!! Can't weight to get completely out of obese category! My BMI is <35. Which means I am no longer severely obese. Just obese :grin:

I remember that! It was an amazing feeling! Remember to keep going!
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I feel pretty confident sizing down. I've been the same size for the past 30 lbs, and I think I probably could have transitioned to a smaller size sooner, but I've been weirdly hesitant. Today, my work pants were noticeably too big to the point where I felt a little awkward and literally bought pants a size smaller on my lunch break.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    This morning I told my husband that I have stomach muscles, feel them! He did and I had to say, no, you have to push harder to get through the layer of fat, but they're in there.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I joined a local running club and went to my first meet tonight. It was at a track in a high school. I ran three miles.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I increased my speed on the treadmill from 3.0 to 3.5, and I started C25K.
  • BakerAcer
    BakerAcer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I biked 20 miles and used a couple new gears!
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My XL pants are too big! Shame they're my favorite pair of pants, but happy to say goodbye to XL. Also, my quads now stick out like they did years ago, so now I can admire them in the mirror. :D
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have a couple. In the last month I've moved countries (to the land of bread and pasta at every meal) and I'm still adjusting. However when I went to buy a winter wardrobe (I've lived in the middle east the past 3 years and dont own winter stuff) I was able to fit into medium sweaters and tank tops! I was able to buy size 12 stretchy jeans and even the non stretchy sizes did up!
    I've joined the gym (but have yet to turn up) and I've made time at least twice a week to go for a hike :)
  • entwife
    entwife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Butt-shelf! Love it :) good for you @Ziggyzigs :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!