Expectations

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I missed a lot as I just posted from OP...there's a lot of good advice I'm this thread, perhaps this time you might take it:)

There is a lot of good advise I am reading no problem going to 1lb a week as it is practically no change at all. The extra 140 calories yum perhaps I can start having my ice coffee run again. Nothing is starting till Monday as I will be away trying not to gain 10 lbs. nothing like 17 13 year olds and mostly dads a few of us moms and a whole bunch of hockey to destroy all good intentions. Oh well this is most likely the last year of traveling for mom and dad next year he will go off on the bus and waive so I will enjoy the weekend and cherish the memory.

How do you go from 2lb a week to 1lb and only get 140 calories more? That should be 500 no?

From what I understand a few posts up, OP hit the 1200 calorie limit and is only at 650 cal deficit rather than 1000 she asked MFP to put her on since that would put her calories in VLC amount.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    I
    If one pound took you to 1340, maintenance is probably 1840. That just means that MFP will cap your deficit at 640, not the full 1000.

just figured that out. Do to lose 2 pounds a week I have to eat only 840? That is no good. I guess I best using that gym I have a lot.
    I hope you don't plan on exercising until you have a net of 840... That's no better than only eating 840...
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I
    If one pound took you to 1340, maintenance is probably 1840. That just means that MFP will cap your deficit at 640, not the full 1000.

just figured that out. Do to lose 2 pounds a week I have to eat only 840? That is no good. I guess I best using that gym I have a lot.
    I hope you don't plan on exercising until you have a net of 840... That's no better than only eating 840...

Would I do that?
  • superhockeymom
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

What does this mean? Either I am having a blond moment or this is really kinda cryptic
  • superhockeymom
    I missed a lot as I just posted from OP...there's a lot of good advice I'm this thread, perhaps this time you might take it:)

There is a lot of good advise I am reading no problem going to 1lb a week as it is practically no change at all. The extra 140 calories yum perhaps I can start having my ice coffee run again. Nothing is starting till Monday as I will be away trying not to gain 10 lbs. nothing like 17 13 year olds and mostly dads a few of us moms and a whole bunch of hockey to destroy all good intentions. Oh well this is most likely the last year of traveling for mom and dad next year he will go off on the bus and waive so I will enjoy the weekend and cherish the memory.

How do you go from 2lb a week to 1lb and only get 140 calories more? That should be 500 no?

Do we have similar stats how much do they give you to eat?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    It's supposed to feel like nothing; that's the only way you can sustain the calorie deficit for as long as it takes to lose the weight you want, and not binge when you've reached your goal.. and gain everything back.
  • superhockeymom
    It's supposed to feel like nothing; that's the only way you can sustain the calorie deficit for as long as it takes to lose the weight you want, and not binge when you've reached your goal.. and gain everything back.

I guess just can't wrap my head around that but in some ways that's why I was doing low carb because it's easy and I never feel deprived. Gave it up for a bit thanks to a broken fridge that took all my fresh food with it
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member

I'm at maintenance - I eat around 2300 a day - if I wanted to lose more weight I'd eat around 1800-2050 a day

I weigh 158 generally
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Just for people giving advice - OP has been outed before on previous threads with a history of eating disorders and profiles on pro ana websites, so I would tread lightly.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Never mind I changed to 1 pound a week and all I got was an extra stupid 140 calories. Why bother! I'll stick with 1200 no wonder I am losing so slow I just can't make that big a deficit. I wonder what maintenance is? I guess it is probably super low. This stinks.
    There is no way your tdee is this low, especially given how much you woekout. You have been told in thread after thread that you need to eat more to support your exercise (which has also been called excessive). This thread is pointless; you're just going to ignore this advice as well and do what you want.
  • superhockeymom
    auddii wrote: »
    Never mind I changed to 1 pound a week and all I got was an extra stupid 140 calories. Why bother! I'll stick with 1200 no wonder I am losing so slow I just can't make that big a deficit. I wonder what maintenance is? I guess it is probably super low. This stinks.
    There is no way your tdee is this low, especially given how much you woekout. You have been told in thread after thread that you need to eat more to support your exercise (which has also been called excessive). This thread is pointless; you're just going to ignore this advice as well and do what you want.

At what point has my exercise ever been excessive? I play hockey once a week for an hour that's it other than walking the dog if that's excessive there are a lot of people on here that better watch out.
    So all great one what would you calculate my needs as if MFP is incorrect in your eyes
  • superhockeymom

I'm at maintenance - I eat around 2300 a day - if I wanted to lose more weight I'd eat around 1800-2050 a day

I weigh 158 generally

I want to get to 135 but in steps I really want to get to a healthy BMI and not struggle to stay there. ( I got to 164 last May then summer happened). I know you are more of a muscular build then me so I bet you look great.
  • superhockeymom
    natboosh69 wrote: »
    Just for people giving advice - OP has been outed before on previous threads with a history of eating disorders and profiles on pro ana websites, so I would tread lightly.
    not helpful but thanks anyway.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    No, it isn't the only way. My deficit didn't feel like nothing, but I sustained it, didn't binge, and haven't gained everything back. I'm not sure where you got your conclusion.

• natboosh69 wrote: »

It is actually helpful. It stops people giving you advice that may hinder your past issues with food. I really do worry about you being on here when you have such a disfunctional relationship with food. :(
  • superhockeymom
    natboosh69 wrote: »

It is actually helpful. It stops people giving you advice that may hinder your past issues with food. I really do worry about you being on here when you have such a disfunctional relationship with food. :(

I have a great relationship with food I love it but it doesn't love me. It makes me happy then it makes me fat. So then I have to stop eating as much and that makes me sad
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Doesn't sound "great" by a long shot.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Looking back a week in your diary, you have a net over 1500 one day ... a couple right around 1000 ... one under 700 net, and one under 400 net. It is either inaccurate logging of intake/output, a continuation of the behaviors that you received advice on in the past, or a combination of the two.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member

I weigh 158 generally

I want to get to 135 but in steps I really want to get to a healthy BMI and not struggle to stay there. ( I got to 164 last May then summer happened). I know you are more of a muscular build then me so I bet you look great.

I am comfortable in my own skin - I wish you the same .. it would pain me to be constantly striving for a specific weight as a goal .. I look in the mirror and am generally happy with what I see, my clothes are US 4- 8 and I think I look pretty good and am not finding it difficult maintaining because I've done it slowly and with an eat anything as long as it fits vibe.

And I generally walk, but do 3 gym sessions a week totally about 170 mins (yes I was lifting) so not much more than you - I really think you aren't sedentary - you should get a pedometer. Sedentary for me is around 2500 steps .. the dog wouldn't get much of a walk for that (it's about 20 mins movement across the day)

I haven't done weights for a few months due to injury - I think I have decent musculature with a decent BF % (probably around 23% which at my age is pretty lean) I think that makes me look strong but soft.

I think you should try to eat more - but you know that