Couch to 5k...start today?

Options

Replies

• QUETA2212
    QUETA2212 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I start week 3 tomorrow and I am so excited to actually run fo rthree minutes str8. I do feel a change week to week
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I did complete week 2 last week (and emailed my results this morning--kind of late!)

Ready to start week 3 today!!!
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I did w2d3 yesterday, felt ok, i wonder if I'm going to be nervous about the next week at the end of every week? lol.

I'm having a hard time burning the amount of calories i want to burn now that I started this - I don't feel like doing stuff with my legs on the c25k off days, and I don't have a gym membership...should I suck it up and walk on the off days, or maybe just walk another 30 minutes after I finish the c25k intervals, and keep the rest days for non-cardio exercise?

Congrats on Week 2! Just finished it yesterday myself! For me on the off days, I have to do something. Right now, if I don't feel like a walk (it's hot as hell here and I truly hate my treadmill - truly) I do yoga/strength exercises on the Wii. I do things that work my arms, core and flexibility. It helps keep me from feeling like a gerbil and getting bored.
  • phillytle
    phillytle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did W3D1 last night and it was tough. It was by far the most difficult run yet. I did the first 3 minute run ok but by the time I got to the last one I was breathing really hard. I made it though, so I am proud of that. I hope tomorrow's run is a little easier.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know which one of you manipulated my phone AND my hrm because they both told me I ran for 3 minutes without stopping, twice, and that just doesn't seem possible.
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know which one of you manipulated my phone AND my hrm because they both told me I ran for 3 minutes without stopping, twice, and that just doesn't seem possible.

pahahaha I would say it was me, but that'd be too out there.
    Way to go!! It's crazy how we can accomplish things that seem almost impossible :)
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Going to restart W1D1 this afternoon after hubby gets home. Was going to do it yesterday but got sucked up in cleaning and organizing and such. So much more cleaning and organizing to do! :-(
  • kate2004rock
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 Complete! I'm afraid of the longer runs coming up in the next couple weeks --so I've really been trying to add a little push to the end of each workout -- for instance, today from Min. 23-25 I add another run interval before the 5 minute cooldown. As I've said before...I think a 3 minute walk interal straight into 5 minute cooldowns is just silly.

That being said, the minute-and-a-half intervals were no problem, but the last 30 seconds or so of the 3 minute intervals were definitely a bit more challenging! It feels really good and,

THANK YOU to everyone in the group -- the fact that everyone is here reading and checking in is making this 10x more exciting --and I know that I can finish it!
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I agree with you Kate! I just finished week 3 day 1 and everything was fine up till the last 30 seconds of the 3 minutes. But I pushed through :)
    I like your idea of putting another run interval in before the cool down. I did feel a little silly for walking for that long. By the time the cool down actually started, I was already cooled down :-p
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I did w3d1 today.....I did a lot better than I thought I would. Ooopps when I emailed my stats I put my very 1st weight in my starting. I didnt know we were putting begaining and ending weights for each week
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Ping_A1C2U Posts: 91
    Options
    W3D1 today, i also did a lot better than I would have thought, which makes me smile to no end. The last 30 seconds of the 2nd 3 minute run were brutal, and i am pretty sure my 6 year old could walk faster than i was jogging at that point, but i kept at it and jogged all of the seconds - it's about endurance, not speed, right? haha.

Good idea with the extra interval - i felt silly walking into walking too. I'll try that on D2.

Keep up the great work everyone!!
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    W1D1 done today, then another 20 min on the elliptical. Wednesday will most likely be my next day!
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Well done to everyone!! You are all doing so well!!

I wish i could have kept up, i am going to complete W2 tonight and get started on W3 tomorrow, i have had the most busy weekend and last night i was so tired i just crashed at work so i went home to chill out - i ended up semi cleaning the kitchen!

Keep up the good work everyone!! :-)
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    Well done to everyone!! You are all doing so well!!

I wish i could have kept up, i am going to complete W2 tonight and get started on W3 tomorrow, i have had the most busy weekend and last night i was so tired i just crashed at work so i went home to chill out - i ended up semi cleaning the kitchen!

Keep up the good work everyone!! :-)

i got behind and just finished up week 2 today, as well. were you also going to do all three days of week 3 this week?
  • Lavmann
    Lavmann Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone! Very high 5's!

Week 3 day 1 done. I can now see what you mean about the walk then the long cool down and wanting to put in an extra spurt in there.
  • phillytle
    phillytle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    W3D2 done. I don't use an app or anything like that, so I have to keep track of my time with my stop watch. On my first 90 second jog, I actually jogged for closer to 2 and a 1/2 minutes without realizing it. Two weeks ago I would have passed out jogging for that long, and now I am doing it without even realizing it! That's crazy.

I am sore today though. I would like to give myself more than one day in between runs but I just don't have time for that this week. It's Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday for me since I am going out of town on Friday. I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be the most difficult day yet.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I am going to have to bow out of this challenge. I really want to complete the C25K one day, but until I get my own treadmill I just can't commit to it right now. It is getting to hard to make time to go to my MIL's house to do it. Good luck to everyone!! I know you can do it!
  • kate2004rock
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2 today -- I get crazy cramps on the inside of my calves about 1/3 of the way up. My tube of icy hot is right next to the door for when I get finished.
  • smcguirt
    smcguirt Posts: 11
    Options
    Completed W3D1 early this morning! The three minute intervals are were not as bad as I thought they would be! Felt good!!
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Starting W2D1 tonight ....I'm frustrated that I got so far behind but I'm just gonna keep on trucking!