9 days detox! Who's in

Options

Replies

• downa100
    downa100 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice and input. I guess sometimes we try to be in denial that we fell off the wagon some how and try to find excuses or try something faster per say. I needed this wake up call. I lost 82 lbs sticking to my measuring and logging I should just stick back to it. I really appreciate all the comments
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    downa100 wrote: »
    Thank you all for your advice and input. I guess sometimes we try to be in denial that we fell off the wagon some how and try to find excuses or try something faster per say. I needed this wake up call. I lost 82 lbs sticking to my measuring and logging I should just stick back to it. I really appreciate all the comments

Yes!! You can do this!! <3
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you aren't losing and it's been more than three weeks, then you need to tighten up your logging. This may include investing in a food scale to weigh your foods, adjusting calories assumed to be burned during exercise, or both.

I have a digital scale but no I have been eye balling stuff not weighing anything

Nice realisation! This will help you stay under your calorie limit. Good for you.

Really??

OP, you are probably underestimating how many calories you are taking in, since 'eyeballing ' our food is what got most of us to where we are right now...overweight or obese. Weigh and log everything, THAT is what will get you out of your plateau ...not a fad detox

I think she was commending the realization that the OP wasn't weighing their food, and that by starting to do so, the OP would be able to start losing again. Essentially the same thing you're saying. :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Good to see you respond favorably to the advice here OP, it's refreshing!

Out of curiosity, why did you stop weighing and logging in the first place, if it worked for you? Losing 82 lbs is no small feat!
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

wpvqhquub4av.gif
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you aren't losing and it's been more than three weeks, then you need to tighten up your logging. This may include investing in a food scale to weigh your foods, adjusting calories assumed to be burned during exercise, or both.

I have a digital scale but no I have been eye balling stuff not weighing anything

Nice realisation! This will help you stay under your calorie limit. Good for you.

Really??

OP, you are probably underestimating how many calories you are taking in, since 'eyeballing ' our food is what got most of us to where we are right now...overweight or obese. Weigh and log everything, THAT is what will get you out of your plateau ...not a fad detox

I think she was commending the realization that the OP wasn't weighing their food, and that by starting to do so, the OP would be able to start losing again. Essentially the same thing you're saying. :)

Ahhh I see :) thank you for clarifying :)
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options

Best of luck to you!! ❤
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Best of luck OP. You are already a success, sometimes you just need to re-evaluate. I commend you for being honest. Don't worry, you'll get where you want to be.
  • SeanNJ
    SeanNJ Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

Thank you for the link. I know our liver and organs in general take care of that stuff I reached a plateau with my weight loss so I thought trying 9 days of only fruit and vegetable, which is called the detox phase 1 in the book, would probably kick start my weight loss again!

And where would the protein you need come from during this phase?
    Protein is essential and doubly important when dieting.

Please reconsider.

You get protein from tofu, legions, lentils stuff like that. That's what the book says too

But you are only eating fruit and veg for nine days....

You don't need protein. You need the 9 or 11 amino acids your body lacks to make protein. We don't use animal proteins as they're ingested. We break them down and use the parts.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Op, I'm really proud of you for admitting you where not logging accurately . just get back to using your food scale again and you'll be fine :)

No need for any ridiculous cleanses, fads and all that .
    :smile:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Have any of yous heard of [snip]

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • downa100
    downa100 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Out of curiosity, why did you stop weighing and logging in the first place, if it worked for you? Losing 82 lbs is no small feat!

I guess I just got too comfortable hahahahha
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

Thank you for the link. I know our liver and organs in general take care of that stuff I reached a plateau with my weight loss so I thought trying 9 days of only fruit and vegetable, which is called the detox phase 1 in the book, would probably kick start my weight loss again!

Please reconsider.

Do vegans hate you? :smiley:

Pretty sure that question is high on their list of most hated questions. If you don't eat meat where do you get protein from?

Yeah first step should always be to recheck your logging, making sure you weighing and being accurate, when you stop losing for a bit.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

Please reconsider.

Do vegans hate you? :smiley:

Pretty sure that question is high on their list of most hated questions. If you don't eat meat where do you get protein from?

Yeah first step should always be to recheck your logging, making sure you weighing and being accurate, when you stop losing for a bit.

OP said she was only going to eat fruits and vegetables. Vegans typically eat more than that (beans, grains, tofu, seitan, tempeh, etc) so that is why the question usually seems silly to us. Anyone who only eats fruits and vegetables is probably going to struggle meeting their protein needs.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

I guess I just got too comfortable hahahahha

Do what works for you, but agree that the entire detox thing just isn't going to help.

I've been too lazy to weigh food myself, but at my weight and goals it's worked so far. But I just leave a few extra calories and increase my deficit some extra at times to compensate for lack of logging accuracy. This will probably have to change once I reach a maintenance weight so I don't yo-yo up and down.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    SeanNJ wrote: »

Please reconsider.

You get protein from tofu, legions, lentils stuff like that. That's what the book says too

But you are only eating fruit and veg for nine days....

You don't need protein. You need the 9 or 11 amino acids your body lacks to make protein. We don't use animal proteins as they're ingested. We break them down and use the parts.

This is a very weird statement. I'm fairly certain from physiology class that we need on a long-term basis to consume "essential amino acids" for our heart to continue to function. These essential amino acids are typically eaten in meat and plants. Your statement makes me confused. We break down ALL proteins we eat. "Protein" is just a word that means "long chain of amino acids."

Are you saying we don't need to eat animal products to get protein? If that's what you're saying, then yes I agree. But if you're saying we don't need to eat "long chain amino acids," then I definitely disagree.
  • SeanNJ
    SeanNJ Posts: 153 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »

This is a very weird statement. I'm fairly certain from physiology class that we need on a long-term basis to consume "essential amino acids" for our heart to continue to function. These essential amino acids are typically eaten in meat and plants. Your statement makes me confused. We break down ALL proteins we eat. "Protein" is just a word that means "long chain of amino acids."

Are you saying we don't need to eat animal products to get protein? If that's what you're saying, then yes I agree. But if you're saying we don't need to eat "long chain amino acids," then I definitely disagree.

Yes, I was saying we don't need dietary protein from animals. I thought the rest of my post put that into context. My apologies.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

Yes, I was saying we don't need dietary protein. I thought the rest of my post put that into context. My apologies.

Well, then you're just wrong.
    You do need dietary protein. About 50-60 grams daily absolute minimum for a normal weight adult (0.8 grams per kg of bodyweight). And more than that is recommended, especially when losing weight.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2666737/
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Yes, I was saying we don't need dietary protein from animals. I thought the rest of my post put that into context. My apologies.

How do you propose getting those "9 or 11 amino acids your body lacks to make protein" then?