I need help sticking to it

Options
I lost 125 Pounds! I've gained 50 back and I'm scared of gaining it all back if I continue on this self destructive path. I need people to help motivate and that I can motivate! That we can go through this journey together and hold each other accountable!

Replies

• professorcook
    professorcook Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Zoe, I know the feeling well. Been back and forth for years. Tired of it. Think of it as LiFe change, not short term!
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Add me if your willing to actually message/chat and guilt me into gym time. I am willing to do the same. I lost 25lbs...got pregnant , gained 50....now need to drop the 25 again..sigh
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    boo%20hug.gif

weight-loss-motivation.jpg
    Failure-Quotes-3.jpg
    your-dream-doesn-t-have-an-expiration-date-take-a-deep-breath-and-try-again-failure-quote.jpg
  • Zoenkylesbee125
    Zoenkylesbee125 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Zoe, I know the feeling well. Been back and forth for years. Tired of it. Think of it as LiFe change, not short term!

Ooh definitely! I started losing weight as a lifestyle change! I had a heart attack when I was 38. I quit smoking and lost all that weight. So, now I am having a hard time getting back in the groove of eating right and working out. I lost my workout partner in the divorce of my brother in law and his wife.
  • Zoenkylesbee125
    Options
    BL_Coleman wrote: »
    Add me if your willing to actually message/chat and guilt me into gym time. I am willing to do the same. I lost 25lbs...got pregnant , gained 50....now need to drop the 25 again..sigh
    Heck yeah! I'm with ya!
  • tashlm123
    tashlm123 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like an extra support buddy as I need extra support myself. Currently trying to dig myself out of my distructive hole.
  • chmckenny
    chmckenny Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Ok , I'm in. I too get REALLY discouraged especially losing a few lbs then when I hit 10 lbs. I feel like I have to "treat" myself and start slacking. Gain it right back. I am tired of the same thing over and over. I need to get rid of 80 to 90 lbs now. HELP! I have NEVER been this heavy! Guess I want it to instantly come off.
  • scrapbooklady
    scrapbooklady Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. Would you ladies like to start a small group? I so often see groups that I would like to join for motivation but they have dozens if not 100's of members. I would like to start a small (5 members or so) group so we can really get to know one another, encourage each other, send messages and celebrate successes. Let me know if any of you want to do it. FYI I am 43 yo, need to lose about 10 lbs maybe 15 but more than that I need to get in a healthy lifestyle and STAY there.
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    zoesbee125 wrote: »
    I lost 125 Pounds! I've gained 50 back and I'm scared of gaining it all back if I continue on this self destructive path. I need people to help motivate and that I can motivate! That we can go through this journey together and hold each other accountable!

Hi Zoe. I've been up and down the scales several times as well. I'm willing to stick to it with you. Feel free to add me and give me a kick when I need it.
  • Zoenkylesbee125
    Options
    boo%20hug.gif

[
    I'm in too. Would you ladies like to start a small group? I so often see groups that I would like to join for motivation but they have dozens if not 100's of members. I would like to start a small (5 members or so) group so we can really get to know one another, encourage each other, send messages and celebrate successes. Let me know if any of you want to do it. FYI I am 43 yo, need to lose about 10 lbs maybe 15 but more than that I need to get in a healthy lifestyle and STAY there.

That sounds great to me!
  • Zoenkylesbee125
    Options
    Yes! Let's do it!
  • Zoenkylesbee125
    Options
    zoesbee125 wrote: »

Hi Zoe. I've been up and down the scales several times as well. I'm willing to stick to it with you. Feel free to add me and give me a kick when I need it.

Thank you! Please feel free to give me a kick or two too!
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, I usually use the app but I try to be on this everyday :)
  • bykeon
    bykeon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Zoe, this happens to me usually about 3 months into weight loss. I'm looking good and close to goal. Then that evil little voice in my head starts in telling me that I can eat just like I used to. I'm there right now,and, I'm determined to quiet that devil
  • bearondiet
    bearondiet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. You've lost 75 on average. Besides, although refeeding day or reverse dieting doesn't require gaining weight much, consider your metabolism boosted. When you try to lose weight now, it will be just as easy as it was when you were 75 pounds heavier.
  • FeenixFlashfire
    FeenixFlashfire Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Take a moment out of each day to remind yourself that you deserve to be healthy... Strap on your shoes and celebrate ( run, walk, lift, Zumba whatever makes you feel good)... You have done fabulously... Even with the back slide... Just refocus and consistently make small changes in your life... Everything worthwhile takes time and care... You can so do this
  • Zoenkylesbee125
    Options
    Take a moment out of each day to remind yourself that you deserve to be healthy... Strap on your shoes and celebrate ( run, walk, lift, Zumba whatever makes you feel good)... You have done fabulously... Even with the back slide... Just refocus and consistently make small changes in your life... Everything worthwhile takes time and care... You can so do this

Thank you! You made my day!
  • Zoenkylesbee125
    Options
    bearondiet wrote: »
    Don't worry about it. You've lost 75 on average. Besides, although refeeding day or reverse dieting doesn't require gaining weight much, consider your metabolism boosted. When you try to lose weight now, it will be just as easy as it was when you were 75 pounds heavier.

Great way to look at it! Thank you!
  • Zoenkylesbee125
    Options
    bykeon wrote: »
    Zoe, this happens to me usually about 3 months into weight loss. I'm looking good and close to goal. Then that evil little voice in my head starts in telling me that I can eat just like I used to. I'm there right now,and, I'm determined to quiet that devil

That little devil gets us all! I've just let mine take over!