How much calories do you take for breakfast?

Options
124»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    depends on the day...i don't have set calorie targets for individual meals
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    400-500 typically... usually just toast with pb&j and coffee. It's kind of sad but it works for me
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid eating anything for breakfast so that i have the extra calories for a bigger lunch and dinner. Most mornings I do make a chai latte (85 calories) though.
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have found that reducing the number of hours in the day that I eat is helpful, so I don't usually have a breakfast. A little soy milk in my coffee and I'm good to go! But I could never skip dinner. I think finding the combination that works for YOU is what matters.
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    between 200 - 400 depending on appetite
  • Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My average is somewhere between 150-450. I try to keep it light in the morning since I'm always hungry until lunch.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I take in about 400 calories at breakfast every morning during the weekday since I don't have time to cook something. I always have the same thing--2 scoops of GNC Total Lean 25 protein powder (Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor) in 12 oz of 2% milk. On weekends when I feel like cooking something, I'll have scrambled eggs (4) and Greek yogurt, which probably totals around 500 calories. My calorie goal total for the day is about 1500 so one-third that seems about right for breakfast.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    9ro8tpt87n8j.jpg

364 calories;)

Finally!...I see a breakfast I could really sink my teeth into--that looks fantastic & a great breakfast for me to have on the weekend when I'm not in such a rush to get to work!

• trp183
    trp183 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Normally around 200. I know that is pretty low. I actually never used to eat breakfast but now I have a vega all in one shake with some frozen berries and coffee with only a little stevia. I have to get up super early for work and walk my dogs, etc. I really don't have time to cook breakfast and honestly if I eat a big breakfast sometimes it bogs me down. On a day off I might make a scrambled egg with veggies, herbs and some turkey sausage or bacon. That will run between 220-300 calories. I am not supposed to eat dairy so it actually keeps the calories down.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    About 200, a huge bowl of berries. Around 300 if I add cereal or granola.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I think the major problem here guys are people skipping breakfast, that's just dumb.

Because you work for Kellogg and need to sell more product?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I typically eat a mid morning snack of around 300 calories (a spoonful of peanut butter and a protein shake). I prefer to eat most of my calories later in the day, so I a smaller lunch, two afternoon snacks, and then a large dinner (and hopefully a little extra for some ice cream or gelato at the end of the day).
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I think the major problem here guys are people skipping breakfast, that's just dumb.

Because you work for Kellogg and need to sell more product?

A shill for Big Cereal, I knew it! Probably in bed with Big Dairy too!

• Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    300 or so during the week as I struggle to get myself started at the office otherwise. During the week, if there is a meal I can skip to budget for a bigger dinner, it is going to be lunch, not breakfast.

On the weekend I sleep in later and often skip breakfast and lunch in combo in order to eat out.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    cocates wrote: »
    epvh3wz4dfyy.jpg
    Some kind of crustless quiche - this one is BLT 150 calories for two wedges.

Please share the recipe! It looks yummy. I can't get my crustless quiches below ~250cals...probably because of the cheese.

Ingredients:
    4 slices center cut bacon
    3oz fresh spinach
    4 eggs
    4 egg whites or ¾ cup liquid egg whites
    ¼ cup nonfat milk
    Salt/pepper to taste
    50g sliced grape tomatoes

Method:
    Chop and crisp the bacon in a pan. Remove the bacon and cook the spinach in the remaining bacon grease until wilted – set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper. Line the bottom of a cake pan with parchment paper. Pour egg mixture into pan and add spinach distributing evenly. Top with bacon and tomatoes. Bake at 400 for approx. 20 minutes until set.

I've made cabbage/bacon, kale/mushroom/tomato/bacon, soyrizo/cabbage, etc. Whatever veggies I have on hand!
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I try to aim at about 300 calories, give or take. Today it was a tad over 500 because I had a bagel with my egg whites and fruit (and it was amazing). I tend to eat about half of my calories between breakfast-lunch-snacks, even slightly less if I can manage. I like to have a lot of calories in the evenings. Sometimes I just want to have a big dinner with my family, or a larger snack after dinner, or often we have social events in the evenings that have snacks.
  • WeoooBeans
    WeoooBeans Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 400-500 calories for breakfast.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    300 or less. I like to eat the majority of my calories later on in the day.