Can we all just hug??

HUGS.jpg

thbabies.gif

HUGS2.gif

AMEN!!! huggssss for everyone!!!
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    As a smoker I have this to say: Life sucks and isn't fair.

Not all smokers take a long time when they go out. I take less than 5 minutes when i go out 2 -3 times a day. If people are abusing it then it's a management issue, not a worker. I've seen many non-smokers waste far more time at work than many smokers. Our workforce is filled with people who don't work a solid eight hour day, smoker or not.

There are reports about how much money companies lose due to chatting at the water cooler etc. There are a lot of people who find other ways to waste time throughout the work day.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Can we all just hug??

HUGS.jpg

thbabies.gif

HUGS2.gif

First!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    As a smoker I have this to say: Life sucks and isn't fair.

Not all smokers take a long time when they go out. I take less than 5 minutes when i go out 2 -3 times a day. If people are abusing it then it's a management issue, not a worker. I've seen many non-smokers waste far more time at work than many smokers. Our workforce is filled with people who don't work a solid eight hour day, smoker or not.

There are reports about how much money companies lose due to chatting at the water cooler etc. There are a lot of people who find other ways to waste time throughout the work day.

yes!! agreed.. like that guy with the coffee.. crazy.. i dont say i dont waste time but damn some people know they are taking advantage..
  • thecanface
    Options
    Can we all just hug??

HUGS.jpg

thbabies.gif

HUGS2.gif

First!

okay okay i said hugs.. get your hand away from there!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    okay okay i said hugs.. get your hand away from there!
    naughty.gif
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm a smoker and I promise my panties are right where they need to be :bigsmile:

I take a break when ever I want to. I walk out -- take a few puffs -- stub it out come back in. I've worked places where no smoking was allowed -- I smoked on the way -- smoked at lunch -- and on the way home.

The only comments ever made to me were "I thought you were stepping out for a smoke break??"

I've always joked that I smoke 100s so I can take a longer break -- but the reality is -- I can't think of one time I actually smoked a whole cigarette on my break.

I feel ya OP -- though my own experience is the non-smokers have plenty of ways they waste company time too lol. You should be allowed to run to the store real quick. The only thing I've ever ran into is that if you leave the property while clocked in -- it's a liability issue for the company. Maybe that's why they're up in your bizness about it?
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I am a smoker and i could not agree more with OP.

I was lucky enough that one place I worked did not have specified breaks. We were adults. When ANYONE needed a break they could take it. It was a desk job and we were not tied to phones. That said it was nice because everyone just stood up and took 5 when needed and it was never abused.

On the flip side, every other job I had a lunch and 2 breaks. I could not just choose to run out for a smoke because I felt like it. There were some who would say they were signing off to go to the bathroom but they had a very significant smoke smell when they returned.
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    haha maybe you should tell them you are a smoker now and then run out to the store ;)
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm with you....very annoying!!! I had an employees that did that, so I made him clock ina nd out everytime he went out. That cut his smoke breaks right out of his day!!

NICE!!!!!!!!!!

I totally AGREE...

SMOKING STINKS EWWWWWW
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    They don't let us medicinal marijuana smokers have breaks either!

That'll be the day I'm working overtime double shifts on my days off...
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    FYI we're not all like that!

I dont take breaks at all apart from my lunch break! I smoke 1 cigarette in my 8 hour 15 minute day.

Don't tar us all with the same brush.

oh my bad,i didn't mean to say that emmaldownie was the one and only one who did this.

Wow you're a *****... maybe you need a cigarette break.....

meowww!! i wasnt trying to be mean but whateva...

obviously you're the bia for being able to call a complete stranger a b***.. hahah but it goes real cute with your red lipstick.. :)

Let's play nice!
  • thecanface
    Options
    FYI we're not all like that!

I dont take breaks at all apart from my lunch break! I smoke 1 cigarette in my 8 hour 15 minute day.

Don't tar us all with the same brush.

oh my bad,i didn't mean to say that emmaldownie was the one and only one who did this.

Wow you're a *****... maybe you need a cigarette break.....

meowww!! i wasnt trying to be mean but whateva...

obviously you're the bia for being able to call a complete stranger a b***.. hahah but it goes real cute with your red lipstick.. :)

Let's play nice!

yes! lets! i am a nice girl :)