Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options

Just watched! I love cooking with dog. Husband just asked what's the point of the dog. I told him, there is no point, he's just there. He says oh, okay, well it's cute, anyway and that looked good :smile:
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Chickpea & mushroom curry over rice in the bottom,
    pickled beets, dates, candied ginger, a couple lifesavers, and some gum (which I still haven't opened).
    87260896-364a-46c1-a1a5-472c5a0bd842_zpsztq2wbkr.jpg

Grapes, cheddar cheese, carrots, and the sandwich is turkey with dijon mustard.
    Mostly I wanted to post this one to show the neat sandwich cutter I got. Those are puzzle pieces.
    The set has 5 shapes, and that's the one that would fit best in the box.
    The others are a heart, dinosaur, butterfly, and star.
    I got them at a steep discount in exchange for leaving a review, otherwise there's no way I could get them.

Also got the box at a discount, though it's currently listed at $5.49, which is REALLY good for stainless steel!
    It's not waterproof, no seal on the lid, and the thing to keep it shut isn't too strong, so I'm going to make an
    elastic band for it. But it's a nice size. There are actually 2 layers of sandwich there, it's that deep.
    6.75 x 5.25 x 2.25 inches
    17 x 13 x 5.5 cm
    (Not accounting for the rounded corners.)
    e7d61fe8-06fd-4afe-b060-10489c0ac56b_zpsz8krnzso.jpg

ETA: I don't know why the lower picture is showing up so huge!
    In photobucket, they're exactly the same size.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

Just watched! I love cooking with dog. Husband just asked what's the point of the dog. I told him, there is no point, he's just there. He says oh, okay, well it's cute, anyway and that looked good :smile:

Without Francis, the show would just be 'cooking with chef'. Not nearly as catchy.

• CompanionNerd
    CompanionNerd Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    21684732284_c3d6cd5aca.jpgGEDC0406 by KCherry2

Here is my first attempt with my new box. :)
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options
    21684732284_c3d6cd5aca.jpgGEDC0406 by KCherry2

Here is my first attempt with my new box. :)

Looks awesome! I got lazy last night and did not put together a bento. So here I sit, hungry and bento-less :cry:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Leftover fajitas, Spanish rice (under fajitas), and mixed veggies in the big tier. (Unfortunately, the veggies had turned on me, so I had to toss them :/ ) Half a kiwi, half a red plum, almonds, and chocolates in the small tier.
    4b3f81no6ope.jpg
  • mangrothian
    Options
    I'm trying to make my belly forgive me for not having many bento's the last few weeks.

Monday's bento: black angus steak cooked with shiitake mushrooms and daikon, and some mushroom pasta thing with broccoli
    i3hqni1tge9b.jpg

Today's bento: A piece of leftover cajun chicken from last night, rice, balsamic honey roasted carrots and some snow peas & tomatoes.
    f7uy208zjs7g.jpg
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    i3hqni1tge9b.jpg
    Mmm...mushroom pasta thing with broccoli x3 I want some~
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Snacky-bento I put together this morning...

zxzxp0ohpsjh.jpg

Pickled eggs, blue cheese stuffed celery, macadamia nuts and babybel cheese. :)
  • CompanionNerd
    CompanionNerd Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    22335824935_3864f711d9_z.jpgGEDC0407 by KCherry2

Here's todays box, the roll ups are held together with rice paper and the cups are salad dressing and peanut butter, the mini muffin is my pumpkin flavored thing for the season :)
  • bluefish86
    Options
    @CompanionNerd your bento looks amazing!!! I need to make some of those wrap things...
  • bluefish86
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Bento of the day....
    ch5wwa2d9xv4.jpg

Polish sausage, pickled eggs, macadamias and a babybel.
  • mangrothian
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    Bento of the day....
    ch5wwa2d9xv4.jpg

Polish sausage, pickled eggs, macadamias and a babybel.

I love rilakkuma! I love polish sausage! A full of win bento!

I made the soboro onigirazu that I linked earlier, but forgot to take a picture :( they looked pretty good too...
  • LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    No Bento since i am sick at home right now but i tried to make Gyoza myself for the first time ;)
    s00a6ctg3je5.jpg
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options
    LadyAhiru wrote: »
    No Bento since i am sick at home right now but i tried to make Gyoza myself for the first time ;)
    s00a6ctg3je5.jpg

Those look amazing! The last batch of homemade gyoza I made did not look anywhere near as pretty. Tasted great, but a sin to look at :grimace:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I brought a bento but it's cold and rainy out, so I'm gonna save the bento for tomorrow and get some soup instead ^_^
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Had a bento for at work. Pork from grocery store, spinach, sweet and sour sauce, artisan grain bread loaf (half) and a little soup packet (not much is in English just that it's a clear soup good with sushi and such).

6hhwfyhwsv4r.jpg
  • mangrothian
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Had a bento for at work. Pork from grocery store, spinach, sweet and sour sauce, artisan grain bread loaf (half) and a little soup packet (not much is in English just that it's a clear soup good with sushi and such).

6hhwfyhwsv4r.jpg

That pork looks delicious!

That's an instant miso soup. If you want to know what it says, there's a few of us around who would be able to translate at least some of it.
  • sweety510
    sweety510 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    nrk53eq8lxsc.jpg

I am a Bentoer lol!!! Well I only do it for my kids school lunches, but I never thought about doing it for myself as a portion control. Thanks for the idea and looking through most of the photos on here looks so delicious and healthy giving me awesome ideas what to make for myself, and again thank you very much!!!!
  • LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Again my "bento" is served on a dish ;)
    Chicken and Pak CDhoi with Teryaki ;)fw7r3hnwlsle.jpg