Dont tell me your dieting while eating a snickers.....

Replies

• _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    "We all make choices that aren't always great (like my smores vs chicken dinner decision) .... but it is a bit annoying when your listening to someone talk about how they are watching what they eat, or dieting, or trying to lose weight....and then woof down a 900 calorie triple from Wendys...."

I'm sorry but you are totally contradicting yourself here which totally proves my point. "We all make choices that aren't always great (like my smores vs chicken dinner decision)" Are you talking about how you're watching what you eat, dieting or trying to loose weight? The you're contradicting this comment. Your s'mores was no better than her snickers, maybe several calories less but still not a healthy choice...so I think you should think twice before judging her choice of a treat.

WOW.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    On the positive side, periworkout is the best time to get your high gi carbs :wink:

Maybe she was trying to bulk up? :tongue:

But yeah, I usually direct people to this site when the topic of nutrition comes up. Once they see how quickly the calories add up compared to their hard workouts, it's usually quite an eye opener.
  • there is a popeyes and a burgerking right outside of my gym... I can't tell you how badly I have wanted a spicy fired chicken binge right after my workout. but, I'd rather eat something that fuels my body, and fills me up. I do see ladies leave my zumba class and walk straight over to burger king, though. I have lost 15 lbs in the time that they have had no visable weight loss.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    This just reminded me of how in our office there is a basket that my co-workers keep filling up with little chocolates. Before I started doing MFP, etc. I would beg them not to bring in the chocolate, but to bring hard candies instead, because I could resist them. But then, every day I would have a decadent M&M Fudge Bar from the cafeteria. I thought I'd better stop complaining about the basket. Now I bring a Yoplait Chocolate Whip for my dessert...still not the healthiest yogurt choice, but a better choice than I had been making.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    This just reminded me of how in our office there is a basket that my co-workers keep filling up with little chocolates. Before I started doing MFP, etc. I would beg them not to bring in the chocolate, but to bring hard candies instead, because I could resist them. But then, every day I would have a decadent M&M Fudge Bar from the cafeteria. I thought I'd better stop complaining about the basket. Now I bring a Yoplait Chocolate Whip for my dessert...still not the healthiest yogurt choice, but a better choice than I had been making.
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    If you have to compare yourself to other people to feel better about yourself, well they're not the more pathetic ones.

I am in the obese BMI range right now. I'm not going to go off on my sad story of how I got here, because it doesn't matter. What matters is that I'm here, and I decided to take the proverbial bull by the horns and change that.

I don't go to my gym in the evenings at all anymore (I used to run for the evening kids club hours if I didn't make it in the mornings) because there was a woman who seemed to be in there every evening I was. Every time she came in and I was going at my manageable pace on the elliptical trainer, she'd give me a smug look, turn her nose up at me (literally... I didn't even think people really did that) and get on the machine next to me to go at a running pace. I get it, she's plenty more fit than I currently am. I got so sick of the smug looks she would give me the whole time that now I just won't deal with it. If you are that insecure that you have to put other people down (whether you actually say it or just think it) to reaffirm that you're so great, then you need to take a long look at yourself.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Hey, for all of you who are being judgemental of the OP (or others being judgmental), just take note of the grammatical error in the title, take from it whatever implication you will concerning their intelligence and have a nice day :)
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    that was probably me once... gotta love the binging.... only thing is, i was worse, because i'd hide so nobody could see me binging on packet of chocolate biscuits and a tube of pringles.... i was a closet binger.... ooh yeah! at least she has the balls to do it out in public.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Hey, for all of you who are being judgemental of the OP (or others being judgmental), just take note of the grammatical error in the title, take from it whatever implication you will concerning their intelligence and have a nice day :)

This! :flowerforyou:
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Relax. The word "diet" doesn't mean the same thing to everyone. I can be on a pizza, snickers, and coke diet and it's still called a diet. A diet is just whatever type of food a person eats, that's it. Heck I eat at least one unhealthy thing every day and I'm still doing fine. It's also harder for some people to just go home and eat a salad all the time so come down off your pedestal and give her a break.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    For all you people freaking out.....Its human nature to be judgmental, its how you act that matters. So the poster came on here and vented about it, she could have said something to the girl and totally ruined the other woman's day, but did she? No.... She was supportive of her working out, she made conversation, and listened to her talk about dieting.

Chill out...
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    There have been a few occasions where I have come from swimming and sit in the locker room and eat some chocolate trail mix or a candy bar. Why? Because I am Diabetic. Don't judge unless you know for sure someone's circumstances. You could end up looking like an *kitten*.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    that would piss me off.

I hate to hear people complaining about their weight, then not bothering to do anything about it, or not taking seriously what they do do.
    I have no problem with people being fat and eating a lot, but not if theyre going to whinge to me about their weight at the same time
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    I think that eating three snickers-- whether you are dieting or not, is indicative of an eating "problem".
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    I think that eating three snickers-- whether you are dieting or not, is indicative of an eating "problem".
  • I will easily scarf down 2-3 warm glazed Krispy Kreme donuts.

Just 2-3 lol....God help me if I had to refuse 10 :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • pizza, snickers, and coke diet and it's still called a diet. A diet is just whatever type of food a person eats,

Loving this suggestion...might do this.....although might adapt it to pizza, cheesey garlic bread and Baileys....
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    definitely. Thats a pretty major binge. 3 snickers and a coke is gonna be over 1000 cals, and id say eating that much in one sitting thats not even a meal, is probably getting on for binge eating disorder territory. As I said earlier, If it was just someone eating that much, i wouldnt care a jot - none of my business, but if someone was just whinging to me about their weight, or talking to me about being on a diet and then proceeding to wolf down nearly a whole days worth of calories in one go, then id certainly raise an eyebrow.

at the end of the day though its a stranger, and i wouldnt give it too much thought. Its her funeral, not mine.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    I'm not perfect, and I don't care if it's judgemental, but that is obscene - not only because of the amount, but the amount of refined sugar that is sending her to diabetesville. Eating three snickers (presuming they're full size) would have turned my stomach even at my fattest. However, I used to eat 2 microwaveable burgers without flinching, and people have different tastes as to what they want (or don't want) to overeat. Maybe it's just me but I always found Snickers (and Mars bars too) very sickly as it is - and I love chocolate!

However, good for her for at least working out - three snickers could be a massive improvement for her - maybe she used to eat 3 and not exercise!
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Lol lube that's why she had a good workout so she could eat all three on them. She need a fix!
This discussion has been closed.