Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Maintenence NSVS :-)

LivingtheLeanDream
LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
edited October 2015 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Hi folks,

Thought I'd share my latest NSVs since I started my recomp :-

I am on week 8. I cut back on cardio and started lifting consistently at end of Aug, plus yoga twice a week. (Used to do over 20k a day, mix of running and walking - now average 14k )

In the past week several people have mentioned that I'm losing weight - I'm not, but I am losing inches :)

My weight bounced up a few pounds when I started new workout programme but after first month swung back down to goal.

I love that already my biceps are looking mighty fine. ..my glutes are tight...heck everything is tight. Just the lower belly now but I know that in the coming months I'll see a reduction in that too.

I'm feeling fantastic :smiley:

My TDEE still averages 2200. :smile:

So to anyone not sure about lifting weights. ..just do it! :smile:

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    Oh darn it! I spelt maintenance wrong! ! and you can't edit headings. ..bah humbug lol
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Congratulations! You're my recomp hero! :D
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    @PinkPixiexox thank you :smile: and you also are doing fantastically! :smiley:
    ps today I had to put a new notch in my belt, my size UK 10 jeans are massive on me and the only way to keep them up is with a belt!!
    Don't ya just love seeing visible results from our hard work :smile:
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    @PinkPixiexox thank you :smile: and you also are doing fantastically! :smiley:
    ps today I had to put a new notch in my belt, my size UK 10 jeans are massive on me and the only way to keep them up is with a belt!!
    Don't ya just love seeing visible results from our hard work :smile:

Absolutely!! :D Looks like you've got a perfect excuse to go shopping!!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    @Pinkpixiexox I know!! much to my hubbys annoyance LOL
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,733 Member
    Good for you! Congrats! And I fully agree. The best thing I did was drastically reduce cardio and increase my lifting. Completely changed my body shape.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Oh I am so exited for you. Congratulations on your progress.

I hope you will post at least before and after pics. Progress would be nice too.

Glad to hear your cals haven't had to drop with your cardio drop.

If I had your cals I would splurge it on cocktails and cheesecake.

Cheers, h.
  • tracoleman99
    tracoleman99 Posts: 51 Member
    Hi folks,

So to anyone not sure about lifting weights. ..just do it! :smile:

That's the truth!!!! Good job, keep it up!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    @middlehaitch oh I have had to drop my calories just a tad, my TDEE when I was purely cardio and averaging 21k steps a day/10 miles was 2400. I still aim for 14k minimum a day which has dropped my TDEE to 2200. To be safe I eat around 2000, but thats because on the weekends I can and do eat upwards of 2400! If I did hardly any cardio at all my TDEE would drop to 1600 approx. I've got used to eating more so I simply have to keep moving, which I love anyway or I would have to rethink my eating routine.#

Fitbit is a great tool for keeping me right on TDEE :smile:

I'm not sure I can share my progress pics, I took them in my underwear as they were just for me... but from now on I will be sure to take APPRORIATE ones so I could share them one day lol

cheers, Ruth
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    @jennitm thanks :smile:

@tracoleman99 I will :smile:

@BZAH10 thats great to hear :smile:
  • healthkickkath1
    healthkickkath1 Posts: 40 Member
    Well done , that's amazing progress within 8 weeks!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Congratulations!!!!!! You are doing such a great job!!!! B)
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Hi @RunRutheeRun :smiley: I just came across your topic when I searched the on the word recomp. Great to hear how much your body is changing and the scale stays the same :wink:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    @kim55555 you and I both know not to pay too much heed to the scale but its a hard habit to break.
    If I could keep on losing my belly fat I would be a very happy bunny and I think the recomp is just the thing :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Yep! :smile: