2»

Replies

• bracey100
    bracey100 Posts: 58 Member
    332897"]
    bracey100 wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Eating under the bmr is not enough u have to do the exercise aswell :)

No, eating under your BMR is enough. Your BMR is the amount of calories your body needs to keep you alive if you are in a coma. Since you wake up and go to work or make food you are burning more calories than your BMR. That means you are at a deficit.

For you, you are at a very large deficit, which can cause more harm than good in the long run.
    Ok guess I dont no much about dieting as I am new to this u only need a 1000 cals
    A day thats what bear gyrlls taught me and he shud no being a survival expert but he must be wrong so dont no

Bear Grylls' show is faked and some of the survival information they give you will get you killed.

Each person requires a different number of calories to sustain their body weight. This is their TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure). Your TDEE is your BMR (the amount of calories you would burn if you are in a coma), plus your non-exercise activity calorie burn, plus your exercise calorie burn. If you eat less than your TDEE you'll lose weight.

Here are some calculators that help approximate your this app tells you if eating enough or not eating enough so I stick to this guide so i make sure i do eat enough thanx For the help tho
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    332897"]this app tells you if eating enough or not eating enough so I stick to this guide so i make sure i do eat enough thanx For the help tho

This app helps you set a deficit. It doesn't actually tell you if you aren't eating enough. The greater the deficit the more lean mass you'll lose. That impacts how you look in the long run. If you lose a lot of lean mass it will make it harder to maintain your weight loss.
  • bracey100
    Ok B)
  • bracey100
    Hi every1 well what can I say on March 12 2015 I weighed in at 16 stone 12 pound and I had enough of being over weight so I bought an exercise bike started of doin 20 mins burning 200 calories every night for 2 month no eating after 7 at night drinking water instead of fizzy pop and lost 2 stone then I got myself a crosstrainer I definitely recommend getting yourself a crosstrainer over an exercise bike I wish I got a crosstrainer str8 away dont buy a bike anyway so started doing crosstrainer on the highest setting 4 30 mins a day everyday this way im burnin 500 cals off 4 my diet I have been eating ceaser salad 4 my lunch bowl of cereal for breakfast and and a microwave meal for dinner staying under my calorie intake do this for 5 days a week mon to fri and saturday having somet good like Chinese not goin crazy but a treat and on sunday I love a roast so thats what I have remember u need to do ur exercise everyday if u want this to work a friend as been tryin this and sed im not loosing owt I sed r u exerciseing everyday he sed no I sed thats why anyway im down to 12 stone 3 pound now and still loosing it as been slow on the last 2 month best thing I ever did was buying a crosstrainer any questions please ask I wud add b4 and after pics if I knew how to

This is a story of how I did it if its wrong I apologise im still here so cant be that bad +you dont need to do this forever just until u have got to a weight that suits u good luck and keep up the exercise people :):):)
  • GloriaSD67
    GloriaSD67 Posts: 1 Member
    Wow. Is that one complete sentence?
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Congratulations and i'm glad you are enjoying the exericse. But you the crucial thing you need to do to lose wieght is eat less and eat better not exercise. Exercise only becomes critical when you are at the skinny end of the program.

By all means exercising if you dont increase your calories to compensate will result in weightloss. But the easiest way to lose weight is to improve your diet which will result in few calories consumed because what you eat is more satisfying and more nutritious making you feel better and more comfortable with less food. Of course this is somewhat challenging too for certain people - people who have only ever eaten junk food, don't know how to cook, are depressed and so on. But if you want to get slim and stay that way for the long term, you will have to learn how to eat better sooner or later. The sooner you start working on this the better. There is quite a lot to learn and a lot to change.

I saw it shown in tv once that a person who eats a diet of nothing but takeaway type foods is best to deal with this by a total abandon of that type of food and a total replacement with home cooked meals. This oculd be hard if you do'nt know how to cook for yourself. The thing is you need to change your taste buds sensitivity. Doing it this way can take about a week to adjust but if you do it hte slow way, well who knows how long it will take and you just might find no enjoyment ever in more plain homecooked foods. That's not to say they need to be bland. Anyway food for thought.
  • bracey100
    Hi every1 well what can I say on March 12 2015 I weighed in at 16 stone 12 pound and I had enough of being over weight so I bought an exercise bike started of doin 20 mins burning 200 calories every night for 2 month no eating after 7 at night drinking water instead of fizzy pop and lost 2 stone then I got myself a crosstrainer I definitely recommend getting yourself a crosstrainer over an exercise bike I wish I got a crosstrainer str8 away dont buy a bike anyway so started doing crosstrainer on the highest setting 4 30 mins a day everyday this way im burnin 500 cals off 4 my diet I have been eating ceaser salad 4 my lunch bowl of cereal for breakfast and and a microwave meal for dinner staying under my calorie intake do this for 5 days a week mon to fri and saturday having somet good like Chinese not goin crazy but a treat and on sunday I love a roast so thats what I have remember u need to do ur exercise everyday if u want this to work a friend as been tryin this and sed im not loosing owt I sed r u exerciseing everyday he sed no I sed thats why anyway im down to 12 stone 3 pound now and still loosing it as been slow on the last 2 month best thing I ever did was buying a crosstrainer any questions please ask I wud add b4 and after pics if I knew how to

This is a story of how I did it if its wrong I apologise im still here so cant be that bad +you dont need to do this forever just until u have got to a weight that suits u good luck and keep up the exercise people :):):)
    Patttience wrote: »
    Congratulations and i'm glad you are enjoying the exericse. But you the crucial thing you need to do to lose wieght is eat less and eat better not exercise. Exercise only becomes critical when you are at the skinny end of the program.

By all means exercising if you dont increase your calories to compensate will result in weightloss. But the easiest way to lose weight is to improve your diet which will result in few calories consumed because what you eat is more satisfying and more nutritious making you feel better and more comfortable with less food. Of course this is somewhat challenging too for certain people - people who have only ever eaten junk food, don't know how to cook, are depressed and so on. But if you want to get slim and stay that way for the long term, you will have to learn how to eat better sooner or later. The sooner you start working on this the better. There is quite a lot to learn and a lot to change.

I saw it shown in tv once that a person who eats a diet of nothing but takeaway type foods is best to deal with this by a total abandon of that type of food and a total replacement with home cooked meals. This oculd be hard if you do'nt know how to cook for yourself. The thing is you need to change your taste buds sensitivity. Doing it this way can take about a week to adjust but if you do it hte slow way, well who knows how long it will take and you just might find no enjoyment ever in more plain homecooked foods. That's not to say they need to be bland. Anyway food for thought.
    Patttience wrote: »

Hi thanks for responding I am at the skinny end so the exercise is toning me up nicely as for the diet I was a salad virgin till about 3 months a go but I found a salad I like so have that everyday for dinner and have something suitable for dinner still loosing the weight but loving it thanks :)
  • bracey100
    Keep up the diet an exercise happy new year people :)
  • sueann10
    sueann10 Posts: 74 Member
    Well done you! That's pretty amazing! I'm sure you will start tweaking your diet as you get more familiar with your fitness and health needs. Fantastic start! :)
  • mary101234
    mary101234 Posts: 36 Member
    Well done, that's awesome, crosstrainers are really good I'm trying to use it more at the gym instead of the bike
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    You've done really great! I've just got a treadmill and I hope I can be as successful.

You're from Yorkshire aren't you? It's the way you write! I'm from barnsley.
  • flrscot
    flrscot Posts: 6 Member
    Well done.
  • bracey100
    sueann10 wrote: »
    Well done you! That's pretty amazing! I'm sure you will start tweaking your diet as you get more familiar with your fitness and health needs. Fantastic start! :)

Thankyou learning as I go along finding it hard to get back into the exercise but trying :)
  • bracey100
    mary101234 wrote: »
    Well done, that's awesome, crosstrainers are really good I'm trying to use it more at the gym instead of the bike

Yes I find it really good doesn't feel like a chore doing it better than the bike
  • bracey100
    natajane wrote: »
    You've done really great! I've just got a treadmill and I hope I can be as successful.

You're from Yorkshire aren't you? It's the way you write! I'm from barnsley.

Lancashire not far away lol treadmill shud be as good just make the time to do a bit everyday :)
  • bracey100
    flrscot wrote: »
    Well done.
    A big thank you :)
  • bracey100
    I have put a b4 an after pic on I dont have to hide my chin anymore :)in a year lost 5 stone
  • bracey100
    To the person who.sed bear gyrlls was fake I shud of sed.the show mite b.fake but I wish I had a body like him :) as he his fit as a fiddle
  • AussieMark1980
    AussieMark1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Well done on your loss but reading that one continuous sentence has given me a migrane lol
  • bracey100
    Well done on your loss but reading that one continuous sentence has given me a migrane lol

sorry I was exicited to tell my story :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!