Magnificent Mamas (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Lynn on the birth of your beautiful son. Hugs to you and your family!
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918
    Options
    **Same post on Pregnancy Board**

Thoughts on swimsuits? I am going to have to buy one seeing's how my prime months are July/August! I was curious to see how others have done with them and if you thought I could get by with a bigger size on a regular one or if I should just take the plunge on a maternity. I only have belly and it's pretty low. No growth on the boob part. Still sporting my B's ......
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is kind of late, but I've just getting around to responding. I was always the type also that had a couple of girl friends, but I mostly hung out with the guys. Some of my best friends were guys. It made it a little hard when I got married because I couldn't just call them up and hang out. Which the nice thing about guys was that they always seemed available at any time. Whereas the girl friends I do have it takes considerable planning to organize something to just see each other. Anyway, I am sure that is a big reason we all get along so well and there is a lot less cattiness (if that is a word, :) .. ) Anyway, I am thankful for all of you ladies. You are all amazing and I am glad to be apart of this group.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    I completely agree Rachael!

Wade had his immunizations today. He did really well and hopefully the "he might sleep more" part comes true today.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Lynn!! So excited for you and DH! Your little man is so handsome! Hope you all are doing well and getting some rest! :heart: :flowerforyou:

I'm the same way about relationships with girls - only a few. All of my cousins are guys, and I hung out mostly with guys in high school, too. Love that we're all so similar!!

Danielle, I don't have any great advice on the swimsuits except that if you go the maternity route I saw a ton in JCPenny over the weekend.

Bethe - I hope Wade has a good day today after the shots. Annabelle has hers on the 24th.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Already put this up on the other board but wanted to get everyones thoughts on names......
    We found out this week that we are having a girl :heart: :heart: and so far have a very prelim list of names we like. Who knows where we will end up but it's a start:

- Emma
    - Elodie (this one is French and not uncommon over there)
    - Violet
    - Hazel
    - Zarina (Persian origin now popular in India)

Our last name is one syllable and begins with a "c" and we are contemplating giving the baby my maiden name as a middle name, same as I have.

Got lots of positive feedback from the other board. It was noted that Emma is currently (maybe too) popular, I had not realized that......

EDIT: BTW our little girl will be half white/half asian

Thanks for your input !
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Already put this up on the other board but wanted to get everyones thoughts on names......
    We found out this week that we are having a girl :heart: :heart: and so far have a very prelim list of names we like. Who knows where we will end up but it's a start:

- Emma
    - Elodie (this one is French and not uncommon over there)
    - Violet
    - Hazel
    - Zarina (Persian origin now popular in India)

Our last name is one syllable and begins with a "c" and we are contemplating giving the baby my maiden name as a middle name, same as I have.

Got lots of positive feedback from the other board. It was noted that Emma is currently (maybe too) popular, I had not realized that......

EDIT: BTW our little girl will be half white/half asian

Thanks for your input !

I commented on the other board because Zarina became an option but I think it is beautiful and different. It is my favorite for you :)
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Hello ladies hope everyone is well

Lynn can I just say your son is adorable!!! Congratulations and treasure every moment because they do grow so fast (just ask the other ladies)

Hope that you have a safe trip home and plenty of rest xxx
  • carina73
    carina73 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Congrats Lynn! He's beautiful! Welcome home! :)
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Bethe – glad Wade did well with his shots.

Lynn – hope you’re home and feeling well. I can’t wait to hear how everything went!

It’s only 82 degrees today, still hot but a nice change from the 95+ weather we’ve had the past few days.
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Meokk- I like the name Elodie... unusual and so pretty :smile:
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Bethe – glad Wade did well with his shots.

Lynn – hope you’re home and feeling well. I can’t wait to hear how everything went!

It’s only 82 degrees today, still hot but a nice change from the 95+ weather we’ve had the past few days.

Thanks Ronya! He did get quite cranky yesterday afternoon during closing chapel at my kids' school :blushing: But he is slept well last night and is doing fine today.

Same thing with the weather here. Nice change from the hot 95+ weather. Yesterday was so odd when it got down into the 50s after the hot Monday through Wednesday. Today we are in the low 80s.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Congratulations, Lynn!! So excited for you and DH! Your little man is so handsome! Hope you all are doing well and getting some rest! :heart: :flowerforyou:

I'm the same way about relationships with girls - only a few. All of my cousins are guys, and I hung out mostly with guys in high school, too. Love that we're all so similar!!

Danielle, I don't have any great advice on the swimsuits except that if you go the maternity route I saw a ton in JCPenny over the weekend.

Bethe - I hope Wade has a good day today after the shots. Annabelle has hers on the 24th.

Thanks Megan! He is doing quite fine today and sleeping as we "speak." Yay!
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Copied from Pregnancy Group......

My Dr's office just called and said that I didn't pass my 1 hour gloucose challange. Now I'm so frustrated and annoyed that I can barely think!!! They said that I can study up on diet and suchlike and eat like I'm diabetic for the rest of my pregnancy or I can pay to go have the 3 hour test done. I don't want to do either!!! Uggg!!! My midwife is gonna flip and totally want to restrict my diet which makes me think that I really want to do the 3 hour test unless the cost is totally unreasonable. If it would come back positive then fine. I'll change what I eat. I just hate to go to the bother of totally changing my lifestyle if it's not absolutely necessary. Rant over. Now I need to get off here and go get something done while DS is asleep. I made 34 1/2 pints of strawberry jam to sell yesterday. Went and got more strawberries this morning and now I have enough to make three times that much. I think I'll save some to do next week, but hey won't all fit in my fridge so I've got to get to the ones that aren't fitting. And I need to mow. And I need to hoe the garden, put posts in for one planting of tomatoes, string up the other planting of tomatoes, mulch some stuff, hoe flower beds, and tomorrow morning I'll need to pick the strawberries in the garden. And have I mentioned that I'm really tired of the 90 degree weather!!! Sorry folks, I did say end of rant a while back didn't I. Guess it was just the end of that one. Thanks for hearing me out. Now I've gotta go work on strawberries and meditate on cutting sugar out of my diet.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Its been a super rough week but I just read up on everything. I am ready for just a nice relaxing weekend with no plans.

CONGRATS LYNN! He is adorable!
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Thanks for the invite ladies!

Esca Eirnin was born last Thursday June 2nd, just before noon, into my hands, in the birth pool. It was a quick, intense labor starting w/ my waters breaking during sex, LOL. He weighed 8lbs 7.5oz.

I am 33 lbs over my prepregnancy weight. I am watching what I eat and now I can count again since we finally have internet, just today after three weeks of no contact.

Other than that, busy w/ house and garden.

This is from Annabelle!
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    You are amazing!!! I don't get that much done in a week! Go mama :) try not to worry to much about the test, if it's not crazy expensive I'd probably go for the 3 hour.

Trying to type on iPhone and it's not so easy... I'll check in later.
    Copied from Pregnancy Group......

My Dr's office just called and said that I didn't pass my 1 hour gloucose challange. Now I'm so frustrated and annoyed that I can barely think!!! They said that I can study up on diet and suchlike and eat like I'm diabetic for the rest of my pregnancy or I can pay to go have the 3 hour test done. I don't want to do either!!! Uggg!!! My midwife is gonna flip and totally want to restrict my diet which makes me think that I really want to do the 3 hour test unless the cost is totally unreasonable. If it would come back positive then fine. I'll change what I eat. I just hate to go to the bother of totally changing my lifestyle if it's not absolutely necessary. Rant over. Now I need to get off here and go get something done while DS is asleep. I made 34 1/2 pints of strawberry jam to sell yesterday. Went and got more strawberries this morning and now I have enough to make three times that much. I think I'll save some to do next week, but hey won't all fit in my fridge so I've got to get to the ones that aren't fitting. And I need to mow. And I need to hoe the garden, put posts in for one planting of tomatoes, string up the other planting of tomatoes, mulch some stuff, hoe flower beds, and tomorrow morning I'll need to pick the strawberries in the garden. And have I mentioned that I'm really tired of the 90 degree weather!!! Sorry folks, I did say end of rant a while back didn't I. Guess it was just the end of that one. Thanks for hearing me out. Now I've gotta go work on strawberries and meditate on cutting sugar out of my diet.
  • mwilson1018
    Options
    Yay for another precious baby!!! Congratulations annabelle!
    Thanks for the invite ladies!

Esca Eirnin was born last Thursday June 2nd, just before noon, into my hands, in the birth pool. It was a quick, intense labor starting w/ my waters breaking during sex, LOL. He weighed 8lbs 7.5oz.

I am 33 lbs over my prepregnancy weight. I am watching what I eat and now I can count again since we finally have internet, just today after three weeks of no contact.

Other than that, busy w/ house and garden.

This is from Annabelle!
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Congratulations Annabelle xxx
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    back from vacation ladies :)

I will be more active again. I missed you ladies.