Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My super simple lunch of a cheese bun and apple brought to work in my babi bento and pouch.
    msh6oillgnap.jpg
    2yacc7ko4bk3.jpg
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I FINALLY had the bento that I brought to work 2 days ago! I had decided to get soup the day I brought it, and yesterday we had free pizza (I'm too broke to pass up free food)
    Bento: Sesame fish, cornbread stuffing, and a salad
    0nf2d1btf46b.jpg
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Not a bento per say....
    5in6w05kylqd.jpg
    Salad bowl with spinach, avocado, pumpkin seeds, black pepper and lime juice.
  • LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    First Bento in my new place ;)
    I love Mini Berners (Berner Würstel/Sausages are Frankfurters filled with cheese and wraped in bacon)

zfb9ias7d501.jpg
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    Not a bento per say....

Salad bowl with spinach, avocado, pumpkin seeds, black pepper and lime juice.
    It's in a container, and it's pretty. In the end, べんとう just means lunch in a box, so it qualifies ;)

LadyAhiru wrote: »
    First Bento in my new place ;)
    I love Mini Berners (Berner Würstel/Sausages are Frankfurters filled with cheese and wraped in bacon)

zfb9ias7d501.jpg

Yuuuuuurrrmm. I've missed your bento pictures! I was out at lunch on Monday, and didn't go home Monday night after a work dinner (co-workers place is about 50km closer than mine, and it was late...), so no bento again today.
  • bluefish86
    Options
    Today's bento!
    rwawun40fddv.jpg
    Raspberries, macadamia nuts, Polish sausage, pickled eggs, celery and mushroom pâté...
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bento Bump
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Keep forgetting to take pictures or haven't had things to worthy of a picture but yesterday did a tupperware set so here is the non-fancy dinner from yesterday's work. Chicken thigh, fingerling potatoes, spinach, bean sprouts and sriracha hummus. Trying to use up my perishables that roommate won't eat as I'm going on vacation in less than a week.

gx1p3mwbn7yf.jpg
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    I also forgot to post my bento yesterday. Steak, couscous, and a salad.
    6kvuo10qfc42.jpg

No bento today :(
  • LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    h9tbogtfrlsf.jpg

Super quick shrimp bento and a cucumber sandwhich ;)
  • bluefish86
    Options
    Tomorrow's bento...
    dtnx6w9s2ik0.jpg
    Gherkins wrapped in pastrami and mature cheddar, almonds and cherry tomatoes.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    6kvuo10qfc42.jpg

I've always been afraid to use steak in the bentos. Did it get chewy being at room temp?
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I sort of posted about this, but more of a meal prep post. I meal prep and spend a few hours one day a week to make portion controlled meals in Rubbermaid boxes. I make 9 meals and freeze them, use them for dinners then the next week make more meals. It's the best way to maintain portion control and have a meal handy.. instead of having to cook and possibly snack in between etc
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I want to let you all know how inspiring this thread has been for me!

I have lost 105 pounds and have about 45 to go. I have been thinking about ways to change my old habits so they don't come back to haunt me later and one of those bad habits is always wanting large portions of foods.

I take my breakfast, lunch and snack with me to work nearly every day and now eat heathy foods. (Especially compared to my old way of having fast food for both breakfast and lunch which got me up to 300 pounds!) But I have always just thrown it in a big plastic container or zip lock bag.

Obviously bento boxes are a great way to be more thoughtful about what I eat. Lots of new choices, variety, beauty and portion control are just what I need at this stage of my journey.

I have been practicing with my regular little plastic containers and now I am ready to invest in some bento beauty!

So I have a question...
    ....what is your favorite box, gadget, or brand of boxes?
    ....if you could have a do over, what piece would you have just not spent the money on?

• PixieGoddess
    Options
    6kvuo10qfc42.jpg

I've always been afraid to use steak in the bentos. Did it get chewy being at room temp?

I work in an office, so I nuke my lunch. I'll sometimes bring A1 if I'm worried about the steak, but it's usually fine.
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    No bento again today :( but I thought I'd share this article someone shared on fb, which includes links to recipes if anyone wants to try the Miyazaki lifestyle ;)
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/christinalan/heres-how-to-eat-everything-youve-ever-wanted-fr?bffb&utm_term=.jtzBO2JJ3#.orGGXPZZ7
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    No bento for me.... again. I'm a sad bento-er. Late work nights all week, and last night I went out for dinner, got home and our fridge had nearly no veg :(
    bri170lb wrote: »
    I want to let you all know how inspiring this thread has been for me!

I have lost 105 pounds and have about 45 to go. I have been thinking about ways to change my old habits so they don't come back to haunt me later and one of those bad habits is always wanting large portions of foods.

I take my breakfast, lunch and snack with me to work nearly every day and now eat heathy foods. (Especially compared to my old way of having fast food for both breakfast and lunch which got me up to 300 pounds!) But I have always just thrown it in a big plastic container or zip lock bag.

Obviously bento boxes are a great way to be more thoughtful about what I eat. Lots of new choices, variety, beauty and portion control are just what I need at this stage of my journey.

I have been practicing with my regular little plastic containers and now I am ready to invest in some bento beauty!

So I have a question...
    ....what is your favorite box, gadget, or brand of boxes?
    ....if you could have a do over, what piece would you have just not spent the money on?

I love hearing that this thread motivates people to make their lunches ^_^

The only thing I've bought that I don't really use is one of my more expensive sets; the Zojirushi Thermal Bento Box. It's very pretty and a good size, but since I'm usually at work, if I need something warm I'll heat it gently in my normal box in the microwave.

I also rarely use food picks. They're cute, but a pain in the butt to wash.

Favourites? My vegetable cutters. I <3<3<3<3<3<3 my vegetable cutters.
  • bluefish86
    Options
    Ham and cheese rolls, gherkins, cherry tomatoes, celery with salmon pâté and a polish sausage.

I was clearly hungry when I packed this.

p34fyt4in464.jpg
  • bluefish86
    Options
    No bento again today :( but I thought I'd share this article someone shared on fb, which includes links to recipes if anyone wants to try the Miyazaki lifestyle ;)
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/christinalan/heres-how-to-eat-everything-youve-ever-wanted-fr?bffb&utm_term=.jtzBO2JJ3#.orGGXPZZ7

tumblr_ma9j34paGU1qg8vkwo1_500.gif
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »

tumblr_ma9j34paGU1qg8vkwo1_500.gif

RIGHT?!?!