What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    A text from my 25 year old daughter that said. "I started swimming again and insanity bc I want to start making my health a priority...like you do" heartmelted.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    A text from my 25 year old daughter that said. "I started swimming again and insanity bc I want to start making my health a priority...like you do" heartmelted.

Awww....that is wonderful! What an amazing example you are to your daughter. High Five!!
  • saylorkw
    saylorkw Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ajfuelling wrote: »
    I am not obese. I am overweight! First time in over 20 years!

congratulations that is a great feeling!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I had excellent news from the doctor today. In December my A1C was 7.2. The doctor wanted to put me on a second diabetes drug. Instead, I joined MFP, lost over 25 lbs and started running. In June my A1C was down to 5.8, the upper end of normal. Today I found out my A1C is now 5.5, the exact middle of the normal range. I guess I'm normal! That's always nice to know! :)
  • mckillopdad
    mckillopdad Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had excellent news from the doctor today. In December my A1C was 7.2. The doctor wanted to put me on a second diabetes drug. Instead, I joined MFP, lost over 25 lbs and started running. In June my A1C was down to 5.8, the upper end of normal. Today I found out my A1C is now 5.5, the exact middle of the normal range. I guess I'm normal! That's always nice to know! :)

Great job, Dave! I just got my blood work back. A1C is 5.4! Also, all cholesterol numbers are great for the first time in years. My appointment is in a week. I hope the dr takes away some medications. I have lost 45 lbs in about 8 months. Just portion control with yoga and running. MFP helped me to be more conscious about what I eat and serving sizes.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options

Great job, Dave! I just got my blood work back. A1C is 5.4! Also, all cholesterol numbers are great for the first time in years. My appointment is in a week. I hope the dr takes away some medications. I have lost 45 lbs in about 8 months. Just portion control with yoga and running. MFP helped me to be more conscious about what I eat and serving sizes.

My cholesterol was good too. Your doctor should take you off something. I went in June and my A1C then was 5.8 and the doctor took me off Metformin. I hope to read good news for you next week. Good luck.
  • tipti_mippy
    tipti_mippy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a funny nsv today... Magical never-pants! In doing laundry after cleaning out my closet, I mixed up donation clothing with keep clothing in order to have a full load. When I got ready for work this morning, all of my work pants were still in the dryer, so I grabbed the first pair I found. Racing around getting ready, it wasn't until I got to work and tried to put my phone in my pocket that I realized they had not yet been ripped open.... These were never worn, and had been set aside for donating! I had accidentally purchased a size too small (years ago) and not taken them back in time.

The real kicker? They are *five* sizes smaller than I was wearing in July!

I'm not even halfway through my journey, but what a feeling!

I even took absolute delight in going to get screamed at by an angry client because I felt so great!! Nothing could touch me! Bonus - I recovered the situation for client and they now think I'm "awesome" , a "lifesaver", gave me a hug, and have resolved to only work with me! :blush:
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    365 sumo PR
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Trying on one of my "tight" dresses and having it fit nicely on me again! :)
  • dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    MindyBruno wrote: »
    non scale victory

thank you :)

All of my pants are fitting looser - My NSV
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Our Halloween festivities were today at the office - our department theme was "carnival". I chose to be the snake lady. Had to order snake print leggings and was a bit concerned about them. One of my much younger co-workers told me that I could wear leggings any time, not just Halloween. I also managed to keep my chocolate consumption down to 4 small pieces of candy today.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Bench press max at 110. Current goal is 115 then 135 or bodyweight, whichever comes first.
  • SeanNJ
    SeanNJ Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    2-plate deadlift, check. 2-plate squat by Thanksgiving, with any luck.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    My daughter in the dressing room of the bridal shop (She's getting married in April.) "Mom, you look small."
  • luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing smaller pants today!
  • tipti_mippy
    tipti_mippy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing smaller pants today!

It is a day of magical pants for all! I am too, rather accidentally, and so is my friend who lives far, far away!

What a halloween treat! At least as long as it's not a trick :wink: :naughty::lol:

• fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    #1 I love this thread, going through these little stories I'm love to share the happiness and it keeps me motivated too.

#2 Took pictures with my housemates last night after carving pumpkins. Yep, I look good! Can tell (at least for myself) that I'm slimming down a little and am not ashamed to have the pics posted :)
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Weighed pull up with 100lbs. And Weighted dips +135x8, +180x1
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I'm a swimmer, but the pool has been closed for a week for maintenance so I decided that during this week, I would try to walk 25 miles, either through hiking or at the high school's track.
    Wrong, I did 33 miles!!! Go me!
  • piperjosie
    piperjosie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is the first Halloween EVER (including my childhood celebrations) that I have not eaten candy until I was sick to my stomach and then kept eating anyway.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!