How did we all do on Halloween

Options

Replies

• nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I got to within 30 calories of my daily goal. Had a Reese's peanut butter pumpkin, a KitKat bar, some m&m's, a fun size snickers, and a couple handfuls of chocolate covered coffee beans.

I'd say I did great. I'm pretty sure I'll be stealing candy from my kids for days. I estimate this will neither speed up, nor slow down my weight loss.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Halloween is my favorite holiday and I am SO good every other day of the week, so I let myself have fun! I had a horrible week where I almost lost my sister and then my grandmother passed a day later, so there were several days where I only net 700-900 calories. I'm not proud of that, so I was happy that my 2,500 calorie candy-filled day yesterday actually balanced things out.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    All I got was a rock.
  • Pammalla
    Pammalla Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Calorie wise I did terrible but I had a good time with friends I have not seen in awhile.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy with how I did. I skipped breakfast, and got so busy I accidentally skipped lunch - this never happens! But since I had all the saved calories, we treated ourselves to sushi and shrimp fried rice. It was a delicious treat better than any candy bars! I did have one little 140 calorie chocolate candy, but I stayed under my calorie goal for the day. :)
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My kiddo came home with a pillowcase filled with candy. (So many full-sized candy bars and minis!) There was only one lonely roll of Smarties in the entire haul! I claimed the roll of Smarties, (they used to be one of my favorite candies) and ate it last night. It was the first sugary treat I've eaten since June. Only 29 calories, but it was very anti-climactic, so I doubt I'd do that again.

Howeverrrrrr, I carved a big pumpkin and then roasted the seeds, which were very, very delicious (and a heck of a lot more calories) and I nommed those up happily! I'll be enjoying those for a few days. Yum yum yum!

pwjdd90u38tx.jpg
    klxzjep19k7i.jpg
    ha88dn3wxnqf.jpg
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Brought a whole bunch of candy to work, ate a good chunk of it between my partner and I. Burned it all off doing work all night lol.
  • prettysoul1908
    prettysoul1908 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I banked 1100 calories from the week and "spent" 500 of those yesterday. Lol.

I'm going to try to use as little of the remaining calories today but I'm glad they're there. I hope not to see too much of a halt in my weight loss. But hey... I don't regret a thing. Lol
  • ckfox95
    ckfox95 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good! One snack sized Hershey bar but I was already full from a Wendy's frosty that I had earlier in the day. Not a normal treat for me but I was so craving a shake or ice cream and I have learned not to deprive myself when I find the need to "have" to have it.
  • kacotugno86
    kacotugno86 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had two pieces! A kit Kat and a Reese's! Also I had pizza for dinner! But still managed to stay way way under my calorie goal. I also was on the go mostly all day yesterday including walking trick or treating for two hours. So I burned a lot! I don't regret it at all! I am however nervous today because I'm going out with friends from work for dinner and drinks later. I better earn a lot of calories today ha!
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Candy wasn't so much of an issue for me as we live in a block of flats close to a town centre so don't get trick or treaters knocking. I probably went way way over though as I went to a fancy dress house party and got a little carried away haha. Managed to resist the chippie on the way home though! Had the not-so-healthier fried egg and bacon sandwich when I got home instead, and I regret absolutely nothing (apart from perhaps the hangover this morning haha)
  • mikene12
    mikene12 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Well not a lot of candy, but the pumpkin beer and Octoberfest didn't help.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    ugh.......2 parties later here. I feel as though I'm starting completely over! Oh well, I'm back to a work schedule where I can actually exercise regularly. This last 7 lbs is a complete bear!
  • DumbbellHell
    DumbbellHell Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I ate so many skittles. I got the worst stomach ache. Never again. Same thing last Halloween. I ate so much I was sickened by the sight of candy until well after the New Year. It was definitely a dieting fail.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Wonderfully! I had Reese's peanut butter pumpkins for breakfast, a giant bowl of buttered popcorn and white sangria for watching scary movies, and other assorted goodies throughout the day. I'm about 2,000 calories over for the week and I don't care. I enjoyed every mouthful.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin cookies :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I did fine...

candy is for kids, I drank beer.
  • scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I managed to stay within my deficit for the day, despite eating a few fun sized treats and making some sweet pumpkin seeds.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I did some sharing with my toddler. BUT... We went on a two mile family walk with the kids yesterday morning and added another mile traipsing around the neighborhood.
  • vaguelyvegan
    vaguelyvegan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight this week (cue the confetti) so I felt comfortable adding a few extra calories. I had one of those Field Roast burgers, which are fattening and delicious and loaded with protein, and I had chips and a square of dark chili chocolate. Logged it all, enjoyed it all, and today I'll have a 210-calorie bowl of pho for lunch and call it even.