Favorite Motivational Quote

Options

Replies

• lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    "Adversity builds character." -- my dad quoted that a lot to me.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Peace is what you feel when the person in the mirror is someone you're proud to be.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I just listen to "Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)" by Baz Luhmann whenever I need a boost.
  • CaliDreams27
    CaliDreams27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    IT IS A SHAME TO GROW OLD WITHOUT EVER KNOWING THE BEAUTY AND STRENTH YOUR BODY IS CAPABLE OF.

This!

Also, the quote that keeps me going right now (and the one i've plastered everywhere at work and at home lol) is:

"A year from now you will wish you had started today." It reminds me that today is the day to get this done, not tomorrow!:) Tomorrow turns into next year which turns into five years......etc.
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    I believe I can Fly....R-Kelly
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hold your head high gorgeous, they will kill to see you fall.

this is so cool !
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    ok mine is The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the most for what they want at the moment!

can't remember where I saw it but it is so true.
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    ok mine is The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the most for what they want at the moment!

I love this one!
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    "It never gets easier, you just get stronger."

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." H. Ford

LOVED these, the top one really jumped out to me, right now, at this point in my recovery to health again. wow....

SUCH A GREAT THREAD, loved so many of these!
  • BlueJean4114
    Options
    "Where you are is a great place to be. Because from where you are, you can go anywhere you decide to go. When you live in the past, you get stuck in a world that no longer exists. When you live in a fantasy of denial or wishful thinking, you sever your connection to the very reality that can move you forward. Here and now is where you are. Here and now is where you can be your best. Here and now is full of opportunities and brimming with possibilities. Here and now your actions have consequences and you can control those consequences by wisely choosing those actions. Here and now you have power, the power to change your life. You may not have chosen where you are right now. Yet that really doesn't matter. What matters is what you choose to do now that you're here. You are in a great position right here, right now. As soon as you accept, acknowledge and appreciate where you are, you can begin to move to precisely where you would like to be. Make the most of your good fortune right here, right now."

Where is the "LOVE" button? okay, i'll stop, or else i will end up just reposting all the quotes! rofl!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    "Some times when a man has to get where needs to go - and there are no windows or doors he'll walk through walls."
  • Tony_Brewski
    Options
    "Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
  • Tony_Brewski
    Options
    "Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer
  • OkobojiMomma
    Options
    The more you work out, the weaker his knees get:)
  • BlueJean4114
    Options
    Here is a quote, which i wrote a blog about on MFP yesterday,
    from a poster which hung over my bed as a teen,
    and the words still come to my mind now and then, all these many decades later.

//" If you can picture it, you can achieve it."//

^to ME, that quote is banging around in my head a lot right now, as for the first time, in a long time, i CAN begin to picture myself healthy again.
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Vision without execution is delusion.

Of course it burns, but complaining wont make you look good naked.

Life is short....buy the damn shoes!

My dreams don't rest, so neither can I.

Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion - you must set yourself on fire.

And my all time favorite....SKY ABOVE ME, EARTH BELOW ME, FIRE WITHIN ME.
  • RhoRocks
    RhoRocks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently" - Henry Ford
  • SarahRule1
    Options
    This is my all-time favorite:
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." ~Marianne Williamson
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    "What one man can do, Another man can do" ~ Josh Brown, TaeKwonDo Master
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    "The journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step"