Favorite Motivational Quote

Options

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    "You need a dose of Man the fu*k up!" I get this especially trying to get that last rep squatting

hahhah this is awesome. Last night I was doing pushups and my boyfriend jokingly said "woman up!!!" when my arms started giving out haha.
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    "If you still look cute at the end of your workout. . . You didn't train hard enough"

"Love and embrace your body. It is the most amazing thing you will ever own"

"RUN LIKE YOU STOLE SOMETHING"
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    --Life is God's gift to you..... what you do with your life is your gift to God.
    You're not going to get the butt you want by sitting on the one you have!

LOVE THESE and so many others!
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Chill, lets be realistic here. You don't drop two jean sizes in one day. You won't lose fifty pounds in one month. You're going to binge every now and then. You will go a day or two without working out. Your weight is gonna fluctuate here and there. You're going to try new techniques, and they're not going to work. You're human. You're going to fail. But nothing great is ever accomplished without a few obstacles. Girl, you got this!

It's hard to not give up when you binge one day or slip up one day, keep moving forward. It's a progress not immediate!
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Some of my favs are these:

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"Believe in yourself, trust the process, change forever."~Bob Harper

"Nobody said it was going to be easy, and nobody was right." ~George Bush
  • jwatson7
    jwatson7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm my 30 minutes to fitness (lifting and power sculpt) video, the instructor says "anybody can quit. don't be an anybody"
  • pennar
    pennar Posts: 3
    Options
    Aim for the sky and you might hit the ceiling. Aim for the floor and you will never miss.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Dum Spiro Spero - While I Breathe I Hope (family motto)

and, from Bruce Cockburn:

"Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight!"
  • hilarytwilary
    hilarytwilary Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    "Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

It's not necessarily related to weight loss, but more about overall wellbeing. About getting in touch with yourself. And I think we could all get to know ourselves a little better.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    a few...
    “Skinny girls look good in clothes, fit girls look good naked.”
    “You may not get what you wish for, but you will get what you work for.”
    “If you haven't given up, you haven't failed.”
    "What the caterpillar thinks is the end of the world....the butterfly knows is only the beginning."
  • thedancingleper
    thedancingleper Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Not many years ago I began to play the cello. Most people would say that what I am doing is ``learning to play'' the cello. But these words carry into our minds the strange idea that there exists two very different processes: 1) learning to play the cello; and 2) playing the cello. They imply that I will do the first until I have completed it, at which point I will stop the first process and begin the second; in short, that I will go on ``learning to play'' until I have ``learned to play'' and that then I will begin to play. Of course, this is nonsense. There are not two processes, but one. We learn to do something by doing it. There is no other way.

-John Holt
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    "Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours."
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Don't expect it to be easy.....expect it to be worth it

I am unstoppable once I get started
  • MFPBrandy
    Options
    "I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul"

The last two lines of Invictus -- a truly amazing poem. Will see if I can attach.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    "The only excuse for not exericising is death."
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    "Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer

God Bless you for remambering a GREAT AMERICAN!...*tears*
  • MFPBrandy
    Options
    Ok, that didn't work -- here's the full poem. For context, the dude had his leg amputated.

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

I HATE that saying. It's such crap. I ate French fries the other day (something that only happens a few times a year) and I actually said "whoever said 'nothing tastes as good as skinny feels' clearly has never had piping hot, super salty, fresh French fries." :tongue:

I workout so I can eat the treats I love (in moderation) and stay in shape! I loooooove food.

But I digress. Carry on. :smile:

Basically, for those of us that aren't looking to lose only 6 pounds... it is just a reminder that those fries aren't worth the creeking joints, back pain and inability to fit in a stadium seat while taking your son to his very first baseball game.

Plus... when you give up on the greasy foods for a while... those fries wreak havoc on your digestive system (at least when you are over 40!)

Eat a fry for me! This girl has ditched that habit!:happy:
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    Kid...there's gonna come a time when you're laying on your back and you dont think you can get up because you don't have anything left. Well I'm gonna be there in your head and I'm gonna say "GET UP YOU SON OF A B*TCH, BECAUSE MICKEY LOVES YA!!!! ONE MORE ROUND KID!!!

-Burgess Meredith
    Rocky V
  • MFPBrandy
    Options
    "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Faith...or curiosity. :smile: