Oh Canada

Options

Replies

• henshemi
    henshemi Posts: 1,981 Member
    Options
    How many gold medals you guys got in hockey?
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    As a Canadian (aka Canuck), I approve of this entire thread. Now I am off to enjoy a donair poutine! I probably should apologize somewhere in here and also use the word "eh"....well frig
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    As a Canadian (aka Canuck), I approve of this entire thread. Now I am off to enjoy a donair poutine! I probably should apologize somewhere in here and also use the word "eh"....well frig

Magic words, there...
  • DrFever100
    DrFever100 Posts: 5,899 Member
    Options
    Only Americans would get into a Wikipedia peeing contest. An insecure lot them Yankees.

In Canada we don't care if we are wrong or right. We're too busy having fun.

Time for another smoke and mirrors beer before I run off to buy my lotto tickets.....hahaha all that matters to 80% of our population.

Tax my income but don't tax my beer!

There's no place I'd rather be.
  • henshemi
    Options
    DrFever100 wrote: »
    Only Americans would get into a Wikipedia peeing contest. An insecure lot them Yankees.

Time for another smoke and mirrors beer before I run off to buy my lotto tickets.....hahaha all that matters to 80% of our population.

Well said doc. We're just easy going people.....

malr0oiu6odt.jpeg

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    so where is my legal weed

waiting
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »

I was just responding to a statement, a statement that Canada wins more gold in hockey. We Americans aren't perfect but we do try to verify claims.

I would love to to sit back and not give a f__k. But if we did that, who would the world call when a helpless country is invaded? Who will they call when a natural disaster hits? Where would people go for medical procedures that their socialized medical program won't authorize?

"But if we did that, who would the world call when a helpless country is invaded?"

Are you kidding me? LOL

During September 1939 All Allied
    Canada
    South Africa
    Newfoundland
    Nepal
    Czech Government in exile ( Czechoslovakia had been absorbed by Germany in Jan 1939)

April 1940 (After being invaded by Germany)
    Norway
    Denmark

May 1940 (After being invaded by Germany)
    The Netherlands
    Belgium
    Luxembourg

June 1940
    Italy Axis

Oct 1940 ( After being invaded by Italy)
    Greece Allied

April 1941 ( After being invaded by Germany, Bulgaria and Hungary)
    Yugoslavia Allied

April 1941 All Axis
    Bulgaria
    Hungary
    Romania
    Croatia ( German puppet state)
    Iraq ( government overthrown by British forces in 1941, thereafter Allied)
    Finland

June 1941 (After being attacked by Germany)
    USSR Allied
    Mongolia (USSR puppet state)

December 1941

USA ( After being attacked by Japan) Allied
    China ( Had already been at war with Japan since 1937) Allied
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Countries perceived to be a threat to world peace.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Where would people go for medical procedures that their socialized medical program won't authorize?
    Mexico
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    "who would the world call when a helpless country is invaded?"

Hahaha! I assume you were trying to be funny...at least, I hope you were.
  • henshemi
    Options
    Politics and history isn't my thing, I'll stay out of this one. I've made my point about hockey.....you guys are on your own.

@Debmal77
    @jgnatca
  • DrFever100
    DrFever100 Posts: 5,899 Member
    Options

I was just responding to a statement, a statement that Canada wins more gold in hockey. We Americans aren't perfect but we do try to verify claims.

I would love to to sit back and not give a f__k. But if we did that, who would the world call when a helpless country is invaded? Who will they call when a natural disaster hits? Where would people go for medical procedures that their socialized medical program won't authorize?

Who would the world call on when people need medical procedures socialized medicine won't pay for?

You might want to re-think that statement. There is no place I'd rather be in a medical emergency than here.

Everything else I don't care about. Too busy having fun. Hahaha
  • Debmal77
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »

"But if we did that, who would the world call when a helpless country is invaded?"

Are you kidding me? LOL

During September 1939 All Allied
    Canada
    South Africa
    Newfoundland
    Nepal
    Czech Government in exile ( Czechoslovakia had been absorbed by Germany in Jan 1939)

April 1940 (After being invaded by Germany)
    Norway
    Denmark

May 1940 (After being invaded by Germany)
    The Netherlands
    Belgium
    Luxembourg

June 1940
    Italy Axis

Oct 1940 ( After being invaded by Italy)
    Greece Allied

April 1941 ( After being invaded by Germany, Bulgaria and Hungary)
    Yugoslavia Allied

April 1941 All Axis
    Bulgaria
    Hungary
    Romania
    Croatia ( German puppet state)
    Iraq ( government overthrown by British forces in 1941, thereafter Allied)
    Finland

June 1941 (After being attacked by Germany)
    USSR Allied
    Mongolia (USSR puppet state)

December 1941

USA ( After being attacked by Japan) Allied Committed over 12 million in active military personnel by 1945
    China ( Had already been at war with Japan since 1937) Allied

Now throw some troop numbers behind those names.

So let me get this right. The US had a bigger population and consequently could send more troops. Good comeback.
  • Debmal77
    Options
    "who would the world call when a helpless country is invaded?"

Hahaha! I assume you were trying to be funny...at least, I hope you were.

I think I would rather call Ghostbusters.
  • Debmal77
    Options

So, What Do We Canadians Have To Be Proud Of?

1. Smarties

2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp

3. The size of our footballs fields, one less down, and bigger balls.

4. Baseball is Canadian - First game June 4, 1838 - Ingersoll, ON

5. Lacrosse is Canadian

6. Hockey is Canadian

7. Basketball is Canadian

8. Apple pie is Canadian

9. Mr. Dress-up beats Mr. Rogers

10. Tim Hortons beats Dunkin' Donuts

11. In the war of 1812, started by America , Canadians pushed the Americans back past their White House. Then we burned it, and most of Washington .. We got bored because they ran away. Then, we came home and partied........ Go figure..

12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany .

13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere. EVER. (We got clobbered in the odd battle but prevailed in ALL the wars).

14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and lasted a little over an hour.

15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, he slept in and missed the whole thing. He showed up just in time to get caught.

16. A Canadian invented Standard Time.

17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the world's oldest company.

18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
    (That's more information than I need!)

19. We know what to do with the parts of a buffalo.

20. We invented the ski-doo, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, the paint roller, roller skates, duct tape, the jolly-jumper, air conditioned vehicles, the Zamboni, the barcode, the Blackberry and the telephone. Also short wave radios that save countless lives each year.

21. The light bulb was actually invented by a Canadian (Henry Woodward patented it in 1874). The patent was bought by some obscure American named Edison who improved upon the design and took credit for inventing it.

22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.

23. A Canadian invented Superman.

24. We have colored money.

25. Our beer advertisements kick *kitten* {Incidently...so does our beer}

BUT MOST IMPORTANT !

The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on.

OOoohhhhh Canada !!