Health, fitness, and (more) food.

i_run_i_can_eat_cupcakes_womens_light_tshirt.jpg

+1
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Zombies

Cos I want to be fit and strong enough to spend all my kids inheritance on ridiculous pursuits when I retire

But mainly zombies

Have you seen Zombieland????!!!!! "cardio" is like rule number one in the survival rulebook!!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    5k8j7b242jk0.jpg
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    I exercise so I can get my cupcakes, cheeseburgers and pizza to fit in. Love the high of training.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    lezznnzg4099.gif

Wait, this one was better
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    cheesyP wrote: »
    People say you can lose weight without exercising..then why do people exercise to lose weight? If all you have to do is eat right

exercise is pretty essential to overall health and well being...it's also awesome to be fit and be able to actually do things like run around with your kids and whatnot.

regular exercise has the added benefit of making weight management in general easier because it increases your body's energy (calorie) requirements...so for example, if i didn't exercise regularly, my maintenance calories would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500 or so...with regular exercise it is closer to 3,000 or so...which gives me a decent beer cushion.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I exercise because someday I'm not going to be 40; I'll be 70 or 80. And when that time comes, I want to be fit and mobile rather than relying on everyone else to take care of me.

In the meantime, I look and feel great.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I don't run

I plan on throwing weights at their heads though

;)
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    I like to eat and drink beer, exercise makes room for it!

Hallelujah! !
  • CoffeeNCardio
    Options
    I don't run

;)

usox8ava2nrg.jpg

There's a rule for everyone in Zombieland
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    I exercise so I can eat more lol. I also exercise because it has greatly improved my depression and anxiety. That was something I wasn't even expecting:)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it.

I am a happier person when I get my exercise in. More enjoyable to be around (my husband would agree.)

It makes life easier--walking faster, climbing stairs more easily, carrying in all the grocery bags at once (surely I'm not the only person who does that), helping my husband move heavy things around the house, etc.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @jemhh - What kind of dog is that? Looks a bit like my Dobie, but the ears are more rounded and the coloring doesn't look like a standard coat.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    clgaram720 wrote: »
    I don't run

;)

usox8ava2nrg.jpg

There's a rule for everyone in Zombieland

tumblr_mv68hko5551rwmqqho9_500.gif

I exercise for fitness, I like being stronger and faster than I was before.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    @jemhh - What kind of dog is that? Looks a bit like my Dobie, but the ears are more rounded and the coloring doesn't look like a standard coat.

@tincanonastring She's a greyhound. She likes to keep her ears up a lot but close together, kind of like making one triangle right on top of her head. I call it her party hat. Dobies tend to keep them up but with more of a gap on top, right?
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

@tincanonastring She's a greyhound. She likes to keep her ears up a lot but close together, kind of like making one triangle right on top of her head. I call it her party hat. Dobies tend to keep them up but with more of a gap on top, right?

Too cute. I find that a Dobie's ear position is highly dependent on how they were cropped. I adopted mine after he had his ears and tail done, but yes, they are super straight with a decent gap between the points. Had I gotten him as a pup, I would have left the ears alone.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    My local pizzeria has ghost pepper cheese. It's pretty much the best thing ever.

I would have to run a marathon every week to burn off the calories from eating ghost pepper cheese pizza every day! Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper Salsa is my obsession.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    My local pizzeria has ghost pepper cheese. It's pretty much the best thing ever.

I would have to run a marathon every week to burn off the calories from eating ghost pepper cheese pizza every day! Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper Salsa is my obsession.
    Fun fact: I know Mrs. Renfro.

• tincanonastring
    Options

They make a kickin' Spicy Hawaiian Pizza with it, but I actually get them to use it on sandwiches, too. They make me a grilled chicken breast topped with shaved ham, pineapple, and melted ghost pepper cheese. It's pretty incredible. I exercise for that ish!
  • Optimistical1
    Optimistical1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Lean muscle mass burns more calories. Cardio burns extra calories as well. You can lose weight without exercise, but health benefits aside, life is so much more enjoyable when you can eat more and still lose weight.