Anybody try green tea to aid in weight loss?

Tamarawr43
Tamarawr43 Posts: 5 Member
edited November 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
if so, how much a day and did it help?
Have you tried drinking boiled water with lemon, cinnamon and honey? I do when I'm sick and it helps a lot, but I hear it aids weight loss as well!

Your input?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2015
    If you replace a couple of 20oz mountain dews with green tea, sure. Otherwise, no. Tea (green or otherwise) is not going to make a difference. Nor will hot sugar water.
  • FGTisme
    FGTisme Posts: 87 Member
    I drink green tea everyday because I like it. There are no weight loss benefits from it that I have ever experienced.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    There is no drink that will help you lose weight. Like a PP said, if you swap out a soda for green tea, it will help you save calories. But the only proven way to lose weight is to eat at a calorie deficit.
  • Tamarawr43
    There seems to be a lot of articles on it contributing. I think metabolism wise it may help? I drink it because I like it as well. Thanks for the replies, I am eating at a calorie deficit and it's working quite well. Just curious as to see if it would be worth drinking it so much.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Green tea won't help you lose weight. Caloric deficit will.

^^ pretty much this. Green teas taste good, but they aren't going to help you lose weight. A calorie deficit will.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    I drink green tea everyday. I've lost over 50 lbs.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    "Green tea can only accelerate metabolism by 4%, and this amounts to only 100 calories a day, which does not contribute a lot to weight loss. If you need to lose 20 lb or 30 lb in a short time, green tea is not the best option for you. "
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited November 2015
    brower47 wrote: »

@brower47 You've been here for a while; do you think that the green tea accelerated your weight loss above what you would have lost if you had drank plain water instead?
  • Tamarawr43
    Yes, of course but on top of all the exercise and calorie deficit is what I'm getting to. I'm not asking if it's a miracle working weight aid because I know it's not lol just wondering how much is actually helps on top of everything. Thanks for the facts though guys
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member

I drink water everyday. I lost over 30 lbs.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member

@brower47 You've been here for a while; do you think that the green tea accelerated your weight loss above what you would have lost if you had drank plain water instead?

I eat some candy every day. I've lost over 50 lbs.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member

I eat chocolate every day. I've lost 40 lbs. Clearly, chocolate makes you lose weight!!!!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    I drink beer everyday and I lost 25 pounds.
  • booksandchocolate12
    Great! Beer and chocolate are the next great diet aids!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I drink lot's of green/black tea and I gained 3lbs this week :smiley:
  • booksandchocolate12
    Well, that settles it. Green tea is out, beer and chocolate are in.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Great! Beer and chocolate are the next great diet aids!

IKR. LOL
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I drink a glass of wine every day and I have lost 125 pounds. Obviously wine is the ultimate weight loss drink.
  • I drink green tea with lemon all the time but I don't think it's helping me lose weight. I mean it does, but only because it stops me from gobbeling down something crazy. I've seen a couple of YouTube videos where women have stated otherwise though.
  • Tamarawr43
    Lmao