INTERMITTENT FASTING.....anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarajvz
    Sarajvz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I used to at times do no eating for 3 days... very difficult but would lose 10 pounds. .. then gradually go back to regular diet... woukd gain back 5.. probably water weight but the other 5 woukd stay off...

That is not intermittent fasting.
  • rjugy12
    rjugy12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just posted bout IF I use and love the life style rjugy12 intermittent fasting.is my post read if u like I'm lookin for IF peps so I can see how others are making this Work for them and I wanna help people
  • Mandlovuh16
    Mandlovuh16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on IF since August 2015. I was 96kg now I'm 85kg. Please add me
  • rjugy12
    Options
    Rjugy12 intermittent fasting check it out.
  • morgo20
    morgo20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do IF 16:8 everyday, and train fasted. I use the leangains method. I absolutely love it.. and I always had those last 5-10 lbs around my tummy.. they are gone.. and now i have a 6 pack! It is the only way i eat now. And i am NEVER HUNGRY and i get to "binge" after work which has always been my weight loss problem, without going over my daily calories. I love to eat one big meal and feel super full and not guilty!
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I naturally have started IF though this journey, I typically don't eat until anywhere between noon and 2pm. I typically don't get hungry until then. Only prob with that is that since I started maintenance I am having a very hard time getting enough calories in and I am still losing weight BUT I can still "afford" to lose at this point so I am not worrying about it yet.
  • rjugy12
    Options
    When u get to that point when u want to maintain bump up your caloric intake and it should be okay. I also fast and lift fasted I posted earlier rjugy12 intermittent fasting.
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I just started 16:8 two days ago. I struggle to lose weight but I weighed myself this morning and, over my two day period on 16:8, I've already lost .6 pounds! I know that's not much in the scheme of things but in two days It's pretty good and exciting to be seeing progress again!
  • SnakesLadders79
    SnakesLadders79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do it in the form of 4 or 5 days normal healthy eating and 3 days hardcore calorie restricting :) I love it because just as I start to use my calories in the form of naughty food, I start the 3 days and it makes me appreciate fruit, veg, porridge. Completely resets my eating so I don't turn to junk. Really keeps me in control :)

I'm thinking about this, but I love food so wondering if I can stick with it :neutral:

95286048.png[/url
  • Optimistical1
    Optimistical1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've been ing doing Leangains a little over a month now with fantastic results.
  • DragoonKite
    DragoonKite Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think people need to learn to eat intuitively, and lesson to their bodies, and not have society or the clock tell them when their body needs fuel.
    By the way, I'm on MFP for the last 2 months to lose 10 lbs that I couldn't seem to lose since turning 50 and between MFP and IF I've lost 6 lbs so far.

I agree with everything you said up until this last part. While this works for you, the intuitive eating, for most people trying to loose weight this is bad advice. Years of not eating right, and eating more than they need is not a good start for ie. After loosing weight and keeping it off, sure.