How do you make your tunafish sandwich?

Options
Maximus
Maximus Posts: 12,256 Member
Do you add mayo? Eggs? Pickles? Celery?

Share your recipe for tunafish sandwich.

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    :sick:
    agreed eewww max...aside from not being allergic to eggs i just dont eat ANYTHING ending in slada that isnt green and leafy
  • Backup_Bella
    Options
    Onions 1/4 cup
    1 roma tomato chopped
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    My great grandmother's way....tomato, onion, celery and jalapenos. Just a little mayonnaise and I usually add some mustard...preferably spicy!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    really good with fat free ranch, black olives, apples, raisins, yummy!!
  • Jillian
    Jillian Posts: 88
    Options
    I make mine with minced garlic, onions, dill, pickles, pepper, a little salt and mayo or plain yogurt. YUM!! Now I want one! It's even good on a bed of lettuce instead of bread.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hi Max

I like mine fairly simple - just celery and low fat mayo.

Not too much mayo, or I blow all my calories in one sandwich. :devil: :devil:

I also pile it high with lettuce and a couple of slices of tomato.

That and some whole wheat bread and I can almost imagine it is healthy.. :tongue: :tongue:

janiebeth
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I use eggs,mayo,onions,touch of mustard,sweet pickle relish,and tonys chachere's! On the freshest bread:tongue:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    *gulp*

When I eat it, I like it with enough mayo to make it nice and moist and with pickles. On soft bread with a little salt and pepper. Sometimes I put celery in too. No egg.
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty simple.
    Mayo and lots of pepper!!!!!!
    Sliced tomato, sometimes lettuce on toasted light wheat bread.
    If I'm feeling really bad, I'll throw a piece of cheese on there. :blushing:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Light Miracle Whip, pickle relish, tuna. Yummy!
  • RandJsmomMary
    Options
    I made that last night

3 cans of tuan in water
    2 whole tomatoes cut into little squares
    2 cup of lettce sliced thin
    2 TBS of may
    .5 a TSP of paprika
    and 2 jalapenos diced on the side (the kids dont eat chili)

I make it for 4 people and I can still put some for hubbys lunch the next day
  • TamTastic
    Options
    *gulp*

When I eat it, I like it with enough mayo to make it nice and moist and with pickles. On soft bread with a little salt and pepper. Sometimes I put celery in too. No egg.

I bascially do the same thing, Tami. I would like it with eggs but usually when I make tunafish, its done quickly and I don't take the time to boil an egg.
    I like hard boiled eggs but don't like them in tunafish for some reason. Not sure why. And I like both dill and sweet pickles. Just depends on my mood on any given day.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I make mine with no mayo, just mustard and some sweet relish.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    *gulp*

I bascially do the same thing, Tami. I would like it with eggs but usually when I make tunafish, its done quickly and I don't take the time to boil an egg.

i make 18 hard boiled eggs every weekend, so that whenever I want one (without the yolk is 17 calories :wink: ) they are sitting right there in my fridge. saves me from a less righteous snack often!

*oh yeah, i forgot to say a little sugar with the black olives, apple, raisin. so good. Especially on sourdough.