What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My initial goal was to get to the weight I was when I started college, 158lbs. I'm getting there. Two years ago today a photo was taken of me in a bikini (see my profile). I was 5lbs lighter there than I am today...but today I have collarbones, a smaller waist and more definition in my arms, back and legs.

Definite NSV. I might be heavier but I'm in better shape and I reckon I'm fitter. Its now not all about getting "back" that body.
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Actually got up and worked out during the baby's nap even though I really didn't want to.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I finally *feel* smaller. I don't feel like I take up as much space as I did 71lbs ago.
  • 4PinkLady9
    4PinkLady9 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

I went grocery shopping today, and I've been feeling sort of emotional-eating prone and snacky as of late, but as I was reaching for the classic junk food, I remembered how I felt last time I ate too much junk food, and decided not to buy it. Yay! It felt like an easy decision for the first time in a long time. :) then I decided to go for a run in spite of the wind storm going on outside (it was rough to run uphill against the wind). Yay!

Way to go I Love this one. :)
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Taking a few full body pictures and actually liking the way it looks. I still have a long way to go, but I have also come so far. I didn't have to try taking the picture dozens of times, in different lights or angles - the first one I liked! :)
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Today just hasn't been my day. I woke up with horrible cramps (thank you TOM), left the house without my fitbit or my lunch, and then got to work only to realize that I forgot my sweatpants for my ballet class tonight. My first thought was, "That's okay. I'm just going to skip it." Now on my lunch break, I just ran out to get a pair of pants.

Then for lunch, I was considering a delicious-looking, calorie-packed Italian sandwich from the store. Then I thought to myself that I went through all the trouble of getting pants for my class, did I really want to throw my calories off for the day by eating the giant sandwich? Nope! I grabbed a soup and salad (both for well under half the calories of the sandwich!).

My day is now much better!
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    After losing 50 lbs., I finally had the confidence to join a chorus and now I sing and perform in front of others. It's something I've been wanting to do for years.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Today just hasn't been my day. I woke up with horrible cramps (thank you TOM), left the house without my fitbit or my lunch, and then got to work only to realize that I forgot my sweatpants for my ballet class tonight. My first thought was, "That's okay. I'm just going to skip it." Now on my lunch break, I just ran out to get a pair of pants.

Then for lunch, I was considering a delicious-looking, calorie-packed Italian sandwich from the store. Then I thought to myself that I went through all the trouble of getting pants for my class, did I really want to throw my calories off for the day by eating the giant sandwich? Nope! I grabbed a soup and salad (both for well under half the calories of the sandwich!).

My day is now much better!

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout, right there! You go girl!

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    275x4 squat. (Rep PR) ☺
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I was pretty stoked to get the 60lb dumbbells for 10 reps on flat bench.
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    That's what I'm talkin' 'bout, right there! You go girl!

Thank you! :)
  • sarahbri923
    sarahbri923 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just started a new job and the HR woman was explaining the health requirements necessary to receive a "healthy living" discount on my insurance costs. She says that one of the main components is to have a healthy BMI, then she glances me up and down and says "it doesn't look like that should be an issue for you." Woohoo!! I'm technically still 12 lbs from a healthy BMI, but I've already lost 32 and I'll take the NSV that someone assumes from looking at me that I'm a healthy weight.
  • Simply827
    Simply827 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just bought a new, smaller belt!
  • jeremynotsofat
    jeremynotsofat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I went back to the gym about 3 months ago. Then, I struggled to do 3 sets of 5 pullups on the assisted machine, with the maximum assist of 175. I've gone on and off that exercise in the meantime, but yesterday did it on the same machine for the first time in a while.

It's tough, but I can do 4 sets of 5 with good form, with only 145 pounds of assist.

One of my goals is to do an unassisted pullup, for the first time in my life, before this journey is over.
  • dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My coworker told me my tight leggings were falling down!
    So yesterday I bought a beautiful shimmery jumpsuit (!) to celebrate. (I'm 6')
  • mckillopdad
    mckillopdad Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just had my semi-annual diabetes checkup. Doc dropped one of my three medications and cut another one in half!
  • justjumpit278
    justjumpit278 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I had TWO today! My belt is now one notch tighter! Wahoo! And a vendor brought donuts into the office today. The BEST donuts. Freshly made, still warm, and my favorite - glazed! I resisted and ate my nonfat greek yogurt instead! They are still sitting at my desk and I haven't touched them!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!