Does anyone drink alcohol everyday?

Options

Replies

• rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I don't but I can if I make room for it.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a bottle of wine at least twice a week. Recently I've been on a bigger deficit than usual so I had to put my alcoholism on hold.
  • pchrysta
    pchrysta Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I drink "a" beer or two almost every night. I like Amber beers and I've found that I can tolerate Micalob Ultra Amber. It's fits a lot easier into my calorie count vs my usual beers. It's only 95 calls per bottle.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    I have some form of alcohol most days, but not every single day. I'll typically either have a beer or a mixed drink when I get home from work, and sometimes something a little stiffer before bed to help me sleep.
  • ekruska802
    ekruska802 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I live in a place where beer is a serious thing and our beer is wonderfully magical. I usually split one with my husband so we get to have some but it doesn't magically eat up all my calories. :)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Most nights I have some kind of beer. I'm craft beer aficionado so I get mixed 6-packs from my local bottle shop, usually latest or limited releases. I enjoy thoroughly and check them in to Untappd.

We're coming up on doppelbock and imperial stout season. Making room in the calorie budget was easier in the summer when I was drinking gose, hefeweizen, and saison.

Have you ever had the rauchbier from the Schlenkerla brewery? It's awesome :D

That's from Bamberg? Haven't had it but it sounds like the real deal!
  • musclesandmusic866
    musclesandmusic866 Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    It's the main reason I work out!!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Most every day helps me finish the day. I mix it up Bourbon, Vodka, Rum, Gin, Tequila, Scotch and occasionally beer but it makes me feel bloated so usually stick with the booze.
  • bubble_wrap0428
    bubble_wrap0428 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 to 3 times a week usually craft beer, like 2 of them. I've been losing on that amount. Occasional Bloody Mary too.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Most nights I have some kind of beer. I'm craft beer aficionado so I get mixed 6-packs from my local bottle shop, usually latest or limited releases. I enjoy thoroughly and check them in to Untappd.

We're coming up on doppelbock and imperial stout season. Making room in the calorie budget was easier in the summer when I was drinking gose, hefeweizen, and saison.

I was thinking about joining Untappd. Problem is, I have to have my allergies well under control, or beer just makes them go crazy. So I don't drink it often. That said, our local brewery (New Republic) has an AMAZING barrel aged RIS (they use the whiskey barrels from the distillery next door). Unfortunately, you can only get it at the brewery, and they are on their last barrel. Though they said they will be bottling their porter this winter, so I can look forward to that at least.

In my explorations, I've found that Texas has a lot of good IPAs and double IPAs. Karbach Hopadillo, Deep Ellum IPA, Southern Star Honesty of Reason, New Republic Whipsaw. Though I won't turn down something like Deschutes Pine Drops either.

But yeah. I prefer stouts in general. Convict Hill, and Founder's Breakfast Stout are two of my (easy to find) favorites.

I would think allergies would be tough, especially so since wild fermentations are becoming more popular. I had one recently that was fermented 100% with Brett.

We've got an embarrassment of great beers here in the Midwest. We tend to go maltier than many other places, as befits our German heritage.
  • Jerzaka
    Jerzaka Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I strive to.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I would think allergies would be tough, especially so since wild fermentations are becoming more popular. I had one recently that was fermented 100% with Brett.

We've got an embarrassment of great beers here in the Midwest. We tend to go maltier than many other places, as befits our German heritage.

I think it's actually the hops that trigger it. It feels the same as a flare up from pollen, so runny nose, sneezing, itchy, watery eyes. I found that hopped cider (Woodchuck's Hopsation!) has the same effect, whereas normal cider doesn't. It could be the yeast, though. Not worth testing for, really.

One of my favorite beers is Prairie's Brett C. Not sure if it's 100% Brett, but it's at least bottle conditioned with it. It's unique, to say the least.

Texas has a lot of German heritage, but the beers don't seem super malty. But I love single malts (and malted anything, really), so that barley malt sweetness is something I always look forward to. With that in mind, I need to try more brown ales.
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't drink daily, but on the weekends I like to have some drinks. Sometimes I'll have 5 or 6 beers on a given weekend night, and 2 the next night.... I know it'd be healthier to just have 1 a night rather than binge drink, but oh well! I like to go out with friends and have some fun. I just try and eat less the days I drink.
  • mdoljansky
    mdoljansky Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is definitely my biggest issue. Especially on weekends lol wine & vodka are my vices. I tried to cut down.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I had a glass of wine almost every night while losing, now that I'm maintaining and at a higher calorie level I have 1-2 glasses, sometimes more.
  • esnider211
    esnider211 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I save calories all week to go out with the husband on Fridays. I'll have a bit of wine during the week, but my diary is embarrassing on Fridays.
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink but when I do it's a glass of blood red orange juice and a Merlot mixed together. I've yet to have one since keeping track of calories. Hmmm wonder how many calories it would be.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm another who drinks only a couple of times per year. I just don't care for it much.
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I wish I could afford to. An ounce or three of Glenfiddich with a splash of water relaxes me quite nicely. Alas, I must contend with only drinking occasionally.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Almost every evening: 4 oz of dry red wine or 2 oz of dry sherry. Sometimes with a little dark chocolate - two objectives: relax from the day; and both red wine and dark chocolate presumably aid in lowering LDL.