*Summer Sweeties to Fall Knockouts (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
1235»

Replies

• dkbstill
    dkbstill Posts: 31
    Options
    Okay, I know we are just getting started, but I am trying to stay motivated, which involves me posting at least 1x per day within the group topics. I had a horrible day in terms of calories. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings! The wings were great, but the calories were out of control. Afterwards we went to go and get ice cream. Lets not even talk about breakfast because that is where it all went wrong! I was able to get in 77 minutes of exercise burning 863 in calories. A little frustrated because it seems as though I am sweating a whole lot, but my HRM only says I burned 400 calories, when I feel like I should have burned 600 calories. I will keep at though. Trying to get into a size 10 shorts that I bought because they were cute by vacation, which is July 8. I hope I make it.
    #LetsMove #LoseTheWeight #LookingGoodThisSummer
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Shana, 36 and have been on MFP since returning from a trip to Hawaii at the end of February 2011 - sure do wish I would have started before then. It is an annual family trip, with my inlaws. I suppose my goal is to be at or near my goal weight by the time we return next February 2012.

I have two boys, 3yr old and 9 mo old. I am somewhere in between a stay at home mom and a working mom. I work from home about 30 hours per week. This gives me a chance to maximize my time with my kids, however, I am always working. When they nap, I work. When they go to bed, I am working. On the weekends and early morning - working. It is really hard for me to make time to exercise and plan meals in addition to everything else.

The day I gave birth to my youngest son, I weighed in at 260lbs. I'm currently 205 and between 5 and 10 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Some days I feel really good about how far I have come, and others, I can't stop focusing on how far I have to go and feel discouraged. I have found MFP really helpful on the latter days.

I am looking forward to working with all of you towards our united goal of being Fall Knockouts! :)
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Bump to come back later...my bike is calling my name.:flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    Okay, I know we are just getting started, but I am trying to stay motivated, which involves me posting at least 1x per day within the group topics. I had a horrible day in terms of calories. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings! The wings were great, but the calories were out of control. Afterwards we went to go and get ice cream. Lets not even talk about breakfast because that is where it all went wrong! I was able to get in 77 minutes of exercise burning 863 in calories. A little frustrated because it seems as though I am sweating a whole lot, but my HRM only says I burned 400 calories, when I feel like I should have burned 600 calories. I will keep at though. Trying to get into a size 10 shorts that I bought because they were cute by vacation, which is July 8. I hope I make it.
    #LetsMove #LoseTheWeight #LookingGoodThisSummer

Hi Denise,
    It is one day and I really struggle on weekends too. Forget about yesterday because today is a new day. Please go by your HRM because it is more accurate than MFP for sure. Especially if you have a Polar. I wish sweating was a guage of how many calories we burned.:laugh: But it is not. :wink: In the summer months we are going to sweat more anyways.

Keep up the good work and keep reach for the stars! Do whatever it takes and success is never giving up dear!:flowerforyou:
  • lisagetsfit
    Options
    My name is Lisa and I am a 38 Mom of two beautiful girls 10 and 8. I joined MFP back in 2010 and only used it for a couple of week and really dug in and got serious in March of this year.

Four years ago I was at my highest weight of 216 lbs. (I'm 5'6"). I joined Jenny Craig and started exercising at the gym and lost 40 lbs. down to 176. Over the last couple of years, I have gained about 12 lbs. and went back up to 188. Since March I have lost 10 lbs and now seem to be hovering between 177-178. The weight is coming off slowly,however, I can see big changes in the way I look. I'm hoping that this challenge and the support of all of you ladies will help me keep it moving in the right direction. My goal weight for the challenge is 168. That may be a bit aggressive for me, but I'm working really hard and hope that I can ge there.

Good luck to everyone, I look forward to our journey together!!

Lisa
  • dkbstill
    Options
    [/quote][/quote]
    Hi Denise,
    It is one day and I really struggle on weekends too. Forget about yesterday because today is a new day. Please go by your HRM because it is more accurate than MFP for sure. Especially if you have a Polar. I wish sweating was a guage of how many calories we burned.:laugh: But it is not. :wink: In the summer months we are going to sweat more anyways.

Keep up the good work and keep reach for the stars! Do whatever it takes and success is never giving up dear!:flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

Thanks a bunch....definitely starting over today! You are right and I am trusting my HRM and that is what I used to log my calories. Today I have started off well, I do not plan to over eat today. Teaching the kids how to ride bikes so I will be doing some running behind them. Will definitely have my HRM and Reebok RunTones on. I have to get my water intake up. Also drinking some green tea! Will keep you and everyone else posted.

D
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I thought it would be fun and motivating to join an awesome group like this one, but unfortunately I think I'm going to have to "drop" out. :frown: I have hit a plateau for the last 4 weeks and have decided to put my scale AWAY because after seeing the same number for a month I am getting extremely discouraged and frustrated!:explode: Without my scale I will not be weighing in on Sunday's. I'm planning on giving it my all for the next month w/out weighing myself and hopefully next time I bring the scale out there will be a new and lower number on there! :drinker: Putting the scale away will keep me from stressing and being frustrated and that way I can just continue to focus and work hard.

With that said, I wish you all the best of luck on your weightloss journey's and would love to be of support for you if you want to add me as a friend. :flowerforyou:
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm Faith, a 27 year old grad. student. Just three years ago I was a solid and active 173lbs (body fat 20%; 5' 6"). After three years of "coping" with the stresses of life, and exercising less than I had for years (I was an athlete in high school and college), I gained almost 30 lbs. Ouch!

My SW on MFP a couple of weeks ago was 200lbs. I have lost about 7-8lbs so far, so I'll say that my CW is 193. My goal is to lose 20 more pounds by the end of August to get back to my 173lbs. I'll reevaluate once I get there...At that point my goal will be to maintain that weight----FOR GOOD!

I look forward to having your support, and to giving it in return. We can do this!!!
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    Name: Lythia

How long with MFP: about 7 months

I've been overweight pretty much my whole life. However, I don't wish to live the rest of my life that way. I don't want health problems later on down the line and would like to know what its like to be of a normal weight. I also recently found all 5 of my sister's from my biological family and would like to look a little better when I meet them.

My goal with this challenge is to give it 100%, but not go overboard and not take rest days lol. I did that with the last challenge and just ended up getting injuries. So, this time I will strive to push myself and listen to myself :)

Glad to see there are a ton of people for this challenge. Good luck to everyone and add me as a friend if you want :)
  • dkbstill
    Options
    Alright ate out with my parents and family again today. At least this time I was not in the #RED. I am thinking that I will exercise again this evening. I do not know if I am going to do Pilates or what, but I need to push through this plateau. I refuse to quit. This is usually the time that I do give up because the scale has stopped moving. I can say that I will be re-evaluating my food intake. i am thinking still that I need to bump up my water intake. Planning out meals for the next couple of days. We will see at weigh-ins on Friday. I was able to meet my exercise goal for the week #YIPPIE

D
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

My name is Robyn I am 32 years old. As a highschooler I was in shape. One I entered the "real" world I gained weight. I had lost a lot of weigh before I met my husband. Than we started dating and eating out to much and I have slowly gained back everything I lost plus more. My highest weight was 208, I am currently around 197.0 I work third shift and have hypothyroidiism so weight loss is very hard for me. In the last year I have found Zumba and love it.
    I have been a member of MFP for a long time but I start and than stop and than start.
    Well off to walk the Great Dane. (she is on a diet with me, if she likes it or not.)
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Chantal and I am 41 years old. I've been with MFP for over 8 months now. I'm a mother of a beautiful 10 years old daughter. She's mostly the reason why I'm doing all this. I want to be able to do things with her. I also want to be healthy and live to see my grandkids! I used to be thin.... really thin.... That was 20 years ago! Now is the time for me to get back into a healthy lifestyle. Since I joined MFP I lost 65 lbs but in the last few months I gain close to 25lbs... I need to lose those and much much more! I'm counting on this challenge to get back on track! I was in the last challenge with Krystle. I manage to lost over 25 lbs than gain a lot of it back in the last few weeks... This time it won't happen! Thanks Krystle for putting up a new challenge!

Let's have fun losing weight!!! Happy to meet so many new friends!:happy:

Chantal:flowerforyou:
  • MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    Hello I'm Nicole, 22 years old- start date 4/25/11---1.5 mo & counting ! :-) Growing up I was always had an appetite although body shape/weight was never an issue! Walked around quite a bit and also was on a dance team & really enjoyed swimming like every single day of summer! Since then I became pregnant at 16 with my 1st baby- I put on 90 lbs during pregnancy!! Now afterwards I lost 60 of that within 2 months (amazingly not dieting etc--just still walking around etc) but being 30 lbs heavier then before pregnancy I felt huge!! Needless to say that is now my goal weight! When she was 4 mo old I became preg with my 2nd and the weight piled on again -- gained 70 and only lost about 20.. then started working out was on the mirena birth control and was down to 200 and found out I was preg again! Gained 65! and all that I lost once again was 20! guess its a boy thing hahaha! jk but yes so now I am tired of being a big girl! I want to get my sexy (confidence) back! Its my time & I am trying hard as I can! Glad to be in this journey!
  • bethabeeg
    bethabeeg Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!!

weight:170.2
    Left arm: 13"
    Right arm: 13.5"
    Left Leg: 25.5"
    Right Leg:25.5"
    Waist:32"
    Chest: 39"
    Hips: 44"

and for my own good measurment around the tummy button area:36"
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't realize a new topic for week one has been posted: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/262540--summer-sweeties-to-fall-knockouts-week-1-6-13-11
  • dkbstill
    Options
    Okay, getting a little bit sad, not motivated! The scale is not moving. I am also not burning calories. I worked out for 30 minutes and I only burned 151 calories. I am thinking that I have to change up my routine completely. Tomorrow, I am getting up early to do 45 minutes of Jane Fonda. Yep, going old school to see if I can get a breakthrough. I can say this, I did fit into a size 10 Jones New York Shorts. I suppose that is a good thing! I just want this #Damn scale to move.

D
  • dkbstill
    Options
    Took a break today. Looked into a spinning class that I may start next week. Plan on exercising in the morning. Definitely had to change it up so I started Jane Fonda Exercises this morning, but only did 20 minutes. Getting ready to make a breakthrough! 3 weeks until vacation, I hope to be at least at the 10 pound weight loss. Right now I am at 7 pounds. 15 pounds down would be even sweeter.

D
  • dkbstill
    Options
    #Yeah! I just posted that I wanted to be at least 10 pounds lighter prior to heading out for vacation. Well I did it! I am 11 pounds down! It looks like I may hit the 15 pound weight loss mark may be closer than I think. Found another gym that I can use while on vacation! Really motivated! Clothes even fit better!

D