2015 Adopt a Noob Official MFP Thread

Replies

• mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Is this thread still active? If so I need help. I am currently 56 plus pounds heavier than I was 2 years ago. I can not seem to break away from eating bad and being lazy. I have good intentions but if I falter for a day I just kind of give up and give in. My clothing does not fit, even the stuff I have bought when I put on the weight, and I DO NOT want to have to buy larger clothes. I am a 35 year old male with 2 small kids, I have a gym membership and I am a chef. I just need some guidance. Thank you Mike
  • Ian8567
    Ian8567 Posts: 11 Member
    19yo, 6'1 286lbs with a goal of 220. I need someone to help keep me on track at least for the first little bit. Please PM me.
  • BetrGetThin
    BetrGetThin Posts: 3 Member
    Is this still happening? These post are from 2014. Thanks!
  • abismom2111
    abismom2111 Posts: 4 Member
    I could really use some help on this journey trying to lose weight and be healthy not only for myself but for my children as well I'm very new to this site. Take me under your wing? :)
  • stu441982
    stu441982 Posts: 2 Member
    Is this program still running? Would anyone be happy to Mentor me? Could do with any tips and encouragement as have a long road ahead :-(
  • Matto4372
    Matto4372 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, my name is Matthew and I am 24years old, looking for a mentor that doesn't mind a challenge. I have been overweight for most of my adult life however my weight sky rocketed last year when my mom began losing her fight with cancer. When she passed it just seemed like I couldn't gain weight fast enough. Last week I weighed myself and was shocked to see that I now weigh a staggering 430 pounds. I have dieted before and taken diet pills but those were always temporary fixes and I am now looking for a life changing weight loss because I know now that if I continue on with this weight gain I doubt I'll live to see 40. So please if there are any mentors willing to help get me started on the right path I would greatly appreciate it. I find myself lost and facing this huge number I need to lose to consider myself healthy with no idea where to begin.
  • Tsoggo
    Tsoggo Posts: 114 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hi i am a noob. I am a full time student. I am currently 105kg. I am 18 years old guy 5feet 10 inches tall. I lost 25 kg for about 3 months(summer vacation). But now classes started i need some guidance on home exercises with no gym equipments. I have no time going to gym. A mentor sounds good
  • irishdancer214
    irishdancer214 Posts: 108 Member
    Hello!!! I think this is a great idea :)

My name is Geneva, I'm 20, from PA, United States. I love keeping busy...I work, go to school, attend church, and I do competitive Irish dancing.

Back in middle school/early high school I decided to lose weight...which went well until my dad lost his job and I lived with Anorexia for 2-3 years. I made some wonderful friends who "pulled me out of the darkness" (for lack of better terms)...but I did gain about 40+ pounds during my recovery. MFP has been a life-changer... It has allowed me to lose weight and become healthier without obsessing over calories and losing my life...I finally have a healthy relationship with food (not perfect, but I feel normal again)! I'm pretty sure I've lost more like 25 pounds (I've been getting TONS of compliments and people asking if I've lost weight), rather than the 13 I have tracked on here, but I refuse to define myself by a number. When my size 9/10 jeans got too big, I bought new ones, simple as that.

I'm happy to mentor one or two people, any age, male or female (although female might be better)...and if you've struggled with an eating disorder or anything in the past, I'm happy to support you!
  • mariamwhatandwhy
    mariamwhatandwhy Posts: 59 Member
    Hello, I'm mariam.
    I'm looking for a mentor, and I don't mind him/her giving me hard work/ extreme diet.
    As I am currently having a gap year, so I'm all free.
    Will someone adopt this hard-working noob? <<<< o:)
  • LizzySkitty
    LizzySkitty Posts: 1 Member
    I'm a noob. :) I'm Elizabeth and I'm 17 and trying to get in shape, loose weight and eat healthier. I'm looking for a mentor. I like art and singing and I'm currently going to Cosmetology school to become a hair dresser. Do you want to adopt me?!:)
  • TRoseHarvest
    TRoseHarvest Posts: 4 Member
    Hi. I'm a noob looking for as many friends as possible to keep me motivated. I'm a 22 year old female that's looking to lose about 23 pounds.
  • KrisM111
    KrisM111 Posts: 88 Member
    I don't know if this thing is still going (it's a great idea, but seems a lot of these posts are over a year old), but for anybody who has posted recently, if you're looking for support and encouragement, please feel free to join the group I started yesterday. (You can find it under the group section, & it's titled Slim By Summer) There are 15 of us so far and we're not following a specific plan or anything; the point of it is to find people to walk this often-difficult path with and to cheer each other on along the way. Please feel free to join if you're looking for friends to share with! :)
  • hsejar
    hsejar Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hi everyone, hope you all are well. Am new to this and looking for a mentor to help me stick to my goals. I am male, 83 kg and 5ft 8 and trying to lose a bit of weight. I have been yoyoing for many years and trying to look for lifestyle changes. I can never seem to get to a weight and shape I am happy with. I work out quite a lot and my real problem is the food I eat. My main issue is portion size, eating too many calories, and always wanting to eat something. I even eat healthy foods most of the time, but am constantly wanting to eat something or snack. I don't crave sugary foods, savoury snacks etc but when I do eat them I lack will power. If I eat a biscuit I will eat the whole packet. I struggle if i know there are biscuits, crisps etc in the house and struggle not to eat them. Am looking to develop an eat in moderation approach and to have better will power and discipline. I tried the cheat day thing which ends up being a cheat weekend usually. Is any one free to help and mentor?
  • tiptoestu
    tiptoestu Posts: 4 Member
    I am looking for folks to stay motivated with. I just changed gyms and I feel like I've lost all motivation. I went from Lifetime Fitness to LA fitness... sucks.
  • Seeking a heavy lifting mentor. Not exactly a "n00b" to MFP or lifting, but fell off track last year. Wanting to get back into it again.

I own NROLFW, soon to own Strong Curves (to give you an idea of the kind of training programs I'm looking at). 25 y/o F, 170 lbs, 5'5 (when I lifted before, I was down to 130-135 lbs so...yeaaaah. Kinda fluffly now. o_o).

Calories set at 2,000, macro setup 40c/30p/30f. This 'aint my first rodeo, I know I need to eat. ;)

Would love a mentor (male or female, doesn't matter) to help keep me on track, share food ideas, and to help me break through plateaus.

Let me know if interested! :)
  • Ian_Davies
    Ian_Davies Posts: 122 Member
    Seeking a mentor.

About me:
    I am 44, 180cm and fluctuate around 78kg. So far I have lost 14kgs through cleaning my diet and exercise however I'm now trying to get lean and toned with a reduction in body fat, which I'm finding a greater challenge than losing the initial weight.

I mainly do body weight exercises mixed with a bit of yoga and try to stay low carb, although have been poor recently at completing my diary. I also recognise that my sleep patterns are not ideal and need to be fixed.

What I'm looking for in a Mentor:
    Positivity, Knowledge and Honesty.

It doesn't matter who you are (male/female, age etc.), where you're from, etc. I'm just focused on low body fat and being lean and toned and would welcome teaming up with someone who can provide guidance and support on how to get there.

I've achieved the first part of my goal but now I need that next step and would really appreciate a knowledgeable mentor to help guide me on the next part of my journey.
  • PatrykKordy
    PatrykKordy Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2015
    Seeking a menor or someone to partner up with to stay motivated!!!

About me:
    21 years old, 180 cm, 81kg I have been doing ICF 5x5 for about a 2 months now. I'm a newbie and my goals are to look better without a shirt on. I'm skinny fat and have been mostly cutting for the last 2 months. I dropped from 88kg to 81kg while gaining some muscle but not much yet.

What I am looking for:
    Someone who will help me with dieting tips, give me insight and help my lifts become better while getting a low bodyfat. I know a lot of people will say bulk and it will come with time but my goal is to cut so I can for once see my abs and than follow a nice clean bulk.

If anyone is willing to help out a lifting nooblet message me and I'll gladly share my current weights, plan and diet!
  • TiffanyNicole421
    TiffanyNicole421 Posts: 43 Member
    29 year old full time working mom of 3. Ages: 8, 4, and 2. I have tried this before. I always do well for about 2.5 weeks then I give up. I am up to 225 pounds. Recently, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea due to my weight. I need a mentor to help me through this. I grew up on McDonalds and starches. I need to learn how to cook and what to eat. I'm done nursing and having babies. It's time to get myself together.
  • SonicSloth
    SonicSloth Posts: 3 Member
    Seeking a mentor or a motivation buddy

About me:
    18 years old, 5'9, 140 lbs Just started hitting the gym, I have 2 dumbbells at home 20 lbs each. Trying to get a better body before April for a week-long trip to Hawaii and maintain body and weight throughout college. I'm skinny (one of those track guys) trying to gain some weight but I don't eat much. Got some extra time on my hands, am willing to go ham if needed.

What I am looking for:
    Diet of course is a must for me because I have no idea what to eat or how to eat more. I am currently doing some really basic lifts but other than that I know no other exercises. It would be great if someone could coach me on what to do and even better if someone is willing to be my partner or a motivator. I know the Hawaii trip is short term but it's really more of an excuse to start bulking up.

I would be really thankful if anyone would take up this offer. If you are interested in being my mentor or even just a buddy feel free to message me!
  • eTrevor79
    eTrevor79 Posts: 193 Member
    Seeking a mentor.

About me:
    I'm 36 and in Northwest Ohio. Just getting started down the road to improvement with the fiancée. I want to lose almost 40 pounds.

What I'm looking for:
    I signed in here for the support and motivation. I'm looking to use MyFitnessPal for the community. I signed up to have a source of motivation and to watch the success of others. I do not have plans to use this app to track food. I want to use it to track my weight, steps and to find and send motivation.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.