Rock Star Weight Loss Challenge Week 6 (Already in Progress)

Options

Replies

• SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congrats to hush7hush and LMfAO

and Good Job to everyone else who is in this!! Its been a hard month for me but just to let you know all of you have encouraged me to keep going!! Thank you all regaurdless what team your on! :happy:
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    A big shout out to Hush and Team LMFAO.. You guys ROCK! Congrats!!! :happy:

I know everyone in this challenge rocks, ok ok... some are more of a soft rock or maybe even a little adult contemporary, :tongue: but your still doing it, and that's what counts.

I know I struggle each and every day to make the right food choices. Let's face it, for those of us who are here becasue we love food or have self control issue, each day can be a struggle. Most of my adult life I've eaten not to live but for pleasure. Meaning: I could have had the grilled chicken but always chose the fired chicken isntead, french fries over sweet potato and what the hell is a veggie and why is it on my plate. OK, I have gotten away from that thinking now and I am eating much better, but again everyday can and sometimes is a struggle. Here at work, my coworkers are eating junk food all day long, bringing in Popeyes or burger king and I am only 100 feet or so from the dining facility and the burger king and the little grab and go shoppette which the equivelent of a 7-11. So each day, I have to struggle to make the right choices. Since I have been on MFP and had the great support of all of you and others on here, that struggle has become easier, because I know I am not alone.

Now that I have finished going off the deep end, I just want to say how glad I am to be doing this with all of you. this challnege has been a lot of fun. I really hope we can get the people and motivation together to do another RockStar challenge when this one is over.

You are so inspiring to me. I appreciate how supportive you are so much. I just hope you get the same support when you are struggling or need a boost. :flowerforyou:

--Ro
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    A big congrats to Hush and Team LMFAO!

Panta- love your motivation :smile:
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    A big shout out to Hush and Team LMFAO.. You guys ROCK! Congrats!!! :happy:

I know everyone in this challenge rocks, ok ok... some are more of a soft rock or maybe even a little adult contemporary, :tongue: but your still doing it, and that's what counts.

I know I struggle each and every day to make the right food choices. Let's face it, for those of us who are here becasue we love food or have self control issue, each day can be a struggle. Most of my adult life I've eaten not to live but for pleasure. Meaning: I could have had the grilled chicken but always chose the fired chicken isntead, french fries over sweet potato and what the hell is a veggie and why is it on my plate. OK, I have gotten away from that thinking now and I am eating much better, but again everyday can and sometimes is a struggle. Here at work, my coworkers are eating junk food all day long, bringing in Popeyes or burger king and I am only 100 feet or so from the dining facility and the burger king and the little grab and go shoppette which the equivelent of a 7-11. So each day, I have to struggle to make the right choices. Since I have been on MFP and had the great support of all of you and others on here, that struggle has become easier, because I know I am not alone.

Now that I have finished going off the deep end, I just want to say how glad I am to be doing this with all of you. this challnege has been a lot of fun. I really hope we can get the people and motivation together to do another RockStar challenge when this one is over.

dang I <3 you!!!!

I'm DEF in for another challenge!!! buuuuuuuuuuuut I will be gone for 3ish weeks here pretty soon =(

What the heck am I going to do without all of you every day?!
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!
    I want to applogize to my team (Paramore) for not loosing the way I should have. Stress is killing me!
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    WTG Hush and everyone else!

Let's all rally push it this week and put up some big numbers! We're all already rock stars, so lets just see how hardvwe ca really rock!!!

YES!!
  • millygrl
    millygrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone! Congrats hush on the awesome loss!
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    So random question for everyone - just to find out more about the wonderful rockstars - what animal (real or imagined) would be your mascot if you had a mascot?

I believe mine would be a talking penguin - they are so darn adorable!
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!
    I want to applogize to my team (Paramore) for not loosing the way I should have. Stress is killing me!

It's all good. Don't let this challenge turn into more stress for you! At the end of the day, you're on this journey for you and no one else, and if you're journey is getting a little rough and tumble then you don't have to explain yourself to anyone, just do what's good for you to help you get through it. We're all here for you, rooting for you!!!
  • LJSpady
    Options
    So random question for everyone - just to find out more about the wonderful rockstars - what animal (real or imagined) would be your mascot if you had a mascot?

Well, my favorite animal is the snake ( i know, weird), but to be honest, based on my personality, I'd say that my mascot would be some sort of teddy bear. A teddy bear that can be vicious when it has to be, but for the most part is sweet and totally chill all the time.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options

I can't speak for all of Team DMB but several of us are already on the waiting list for a petite lap giraffe.

Viva la Petite lap giraffe!!!!!
  • rorosaw
    Options
    Way to go everyone!

It's all good. Don't let this challenge turn into more stress for you! At the end of the day, you're on this journey for you and no one else, and if you're journey is getting a little rough and tumble then you don't have to explain yourself to anyone, just do what's good for you to help you get through it. We're all here for you, rooting for you!!!

Well said! Ditto for me!
  • rorosaw
    Options
    So, I think I'm going to start weighing in early. Saturday mornings are my new weigh in days. I have the awesomesauce Rock Star challenge and another 30lb challenge I just joined and to keep my weight loss tracking consistent (and not drive myself crazy!) I'm going to weigh in for both on the same day. So, for this week's loss for Team DILIH....it's down 3.2 pounds for me:) Yay me!

Last week's Rock Star weight: 188
    This week: 184.8
    Loss: 3.2 pounds!

Woop woop!
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I hope we are all off to a great weekend. Just want to send lots of well wishes to our Dear Team mate Ted (TDGee) who is off traveling for family business. I know he is having a stressful weekend and I just want to wish him the best.

Where are my other DMBers at this fine weekend? Are you all drinking your water, not mixed with scotch, I hope? Are we logging? I have been slacking on the logging lately. I know, not good, but I am trying to get back to it.

I had a great gym workout yesterday with some mad cardio mixed in. I think today I will tone it back a hair and start with taking the dogs for a walk, then maybe later in the day, I will hit some harder cardio, but no weights today,. My shoulders/chest and triceps are kaput today.

I hope all the teams have a great weekend and post some great weight loss numbers. I will be weighing in tomorrow since I forgot this morning and got up and ate already.

@roro, I'm liking your new challenge avatar.. go bootie-buster!!
  • LJSpady
    Options
    So, I think I'm going to start weighing in early. Saturday mornings are my new weigh in days. I have the awesomesauce Rock Star challenge and another 30lb challenge I just joined and to keep my weight loss tracking consistent (and not drive myself crazy!) I'm going to weigh in for both on the same day. So, for this week's loss for Team DILIH....it's down 3.2 pounds for me:) Yay me!

Last week's Rock Star weight: 188
    This week: 184.8
    Loss: 3.2 pounds!

Woop woop!

I have to do that too! I'm participating in this challenge, the Pin-up Girls challenge and the Harry Potter Challenge. Luckily all the weigh-in fall on either Sunday or Monday, so it's not that bad. But whatever I weigh Sunday morning is the weight I go with for all of them.
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    TEAM DMB WEIGH IN : 203.2. basically the same again. i had to start thyoid meds yesterday, maybe that will help out going forward.

Good luck to all rockstars!

Go Team DMB.
  • moonbunny
    moonbunny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Team Party Rockers Weigh In: 176 lbs

I haven't lost anything in weeks.. even though I exercise every day! :(
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Team DILIH weigh in-
    LW- 134
    CW- 134

YUCK!!!!! I WILL NOT PLATEAU!!!!!! I am working way to freaking hard to not see results!!! Although when I really think about this past week (lots of stress, someone else making food choices for me, etc) I guess I'd rather maintain than gain. Its just hard to see the same number on the scale.
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Weighing in for Foo(d) Fighters, 227- lost 2.8

Morning everyone!
  • misschocolate82
    Options
    hey guys
    173.2 for me this week. not been a good week so hoping for better next time x