MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options
:sad: OK I took 2 weeks off and had a gain :sad:

Time to get the WEEKLY CHALLENGE back up & hope my old friends will continue to join me. Hope to make some new friends as well.

:heart: MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS :heart:

FOCUSING ON ONE WEEK AT A TIME, WHEN THE BIG PICTURE SEEMS TOO OVERWHELMING.......

Small changes can bring on big results!!

FOR THE WEEK OF: June 12 to June 18 , 2011

Make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

CHOOSE WHAT ONE/OR MORE THINGS YOU WANT TO WORK ON THIS WEEK. DON'T SET THEM TOO HIGH OR UNREACHABLE, BUT SOMETHING YOU NEED TO WORK ON TO HELP YOU MAKE IT TO THAT BIG GOAL.

:smokin: One small step at a time :glasses:
You will reach your goal for sure if you break a complicated task into small actionable steps. Do just one step at a time. To get started, choose something you know you can do easily. That can get the ball rolling for getting more done. These small steps will get you where you need to go

:flowerforyou: Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or get back on track, like me?

Thank you and you may friend me if you like, but please include a message in your friend request.

:drinker: LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!! :drinker:

Replies

• missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I messed up bad for 2 weeks. I have been back at it the last week, an am happy to say that I am back! ..............again! I seem to always come back.

My goal for this week is to take a walk EVERYDAY & to post my results EVERYDAY!!

I gained so much weight that I wouldn't even put it in the tracker. :-( But as soon as I lose it, I will. LOL Is that wrong of me? I just can't bare to see that number go up. I had a 3.6 loss this week, but that still is NOT enough to put me back. :ohwell:

How is everyone? I love the friendships & support that we made here and hope to see you all again!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    I need to join back in this week. It's my 1st week of summer vacation and I need to start off on a good note.

My weekly (Sat 6/10-Fri 6/17) goal is to

1. Complete c25k week 3 and begin week 4 (run @ least 3 days but try for 4)
    2. Walk my dog every day (minimum of 15 min. but 25 on the days i don't run)
    3. Renew my gym membership--it expired on 6/3, but I need to wait until I get my summer pay on 6/15
    4. Stay under my calorie goal 5 of 7 days.

PS--I never add any gains to the tracker either--I feel it's punishment enough to have to wait that much longer to track a loss:blushing:
  • Trinity0210
    Options
    i'm just trying to get the food part back on track, so that i can get the exercise back on track! good luck!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    I'd love to join in on this. short term goals seem to make things easier don't they? And even more so when I have to account for it.
    I've been sleeping late the past couple of weeks and not getting to the gym. My goal 6/12-6/18---hit the gym at least 4 days!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    i'm just trying to get the food part back on track, so that i can get the exercise back on track! good luck!

:flowerforyou: Welcome Trinity. That was my goal last week and I did NOT add anything else. I needed to get back to eating right & JOURNAL!! so important. I am very happy to say that happened!

Good Luck!! Is your Food Diary Visible to your friends? I find that helps me when I HAVE to make myself accountable to my friends.
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Hi-
    I need to join back in this week. It's my 1st week of summer vacation and I need to start off on a good note.

My weekly (Sat 6/10-Fri 6/17) goal is to

1. Complete c25k week 3 and begin week 4 (run @ least 3 days but try for 4)
    2. Walk my dog every day (minimum of 15 min. but 25 on the days i don't run)
    3. Renew my gym membership--it expired on 6/3, but I need to wait until I get my summer pay on 6/15
    4. Stay under my calorie goal 5 of 7 days.

PS--I never add any gains to the tracker either--I feel it's punishment enough to have to wait that much longer to track a loss:blushing:

Skinny Jeans Welcome Back!! :flowerforyou:
    Thanks for making me feel better about NOT adding my gain. I have in the past, but just had such a huge gain I know that would discourage me.

I wish I could handle the gym. Enjoy it!!

Good Luck this week!! WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    I'd love to join in on this. short term goals seem to make things easier don't they? And even more so when I have to account for it.
    I've been sleeping late the past couple of weeks and not getting to the gym. My goal 6/12-6/18---hit the gym at least 4 days!

WELCOME FabOma :flowerforyou:
    I just have to ask, are you Dutch? My hubby is and my grandkids all call me Oma. :-) He is Opa!

Yes, I find if I can make it through ONE WEEK then I had success!! When I'm good, I'm really good. BUT when I am bad................. oh. I am a very bad girl. :-(

Good luck this week!!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Thanks Miss Dee! Nope, not Dutch; it's used commonly by us Germans too!! I simply couldn't face the idea of being called Granny or Grandmaw!!! Ok, back to the gym starting tomorrow!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    HaHa Thanks for answering my question. :-) I feel the same way, and love being Oma to 11 grandkids!! :-):drinker:
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    I am right there with you MissDee! I have not been exercising as much as I need to. I had to readjust my tracker =( Busy time of year with vacations, graduations and all the cookouts. So this is a new week and we will do it again! I am going to get my exercise back up to 450min. Good luck everyone:bigsmile:
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Glad you're back MissDee:smile:
    Count me in for this week too. My goals are: 1. Weight loss of 2 to 3 lbs, preferably 3 lbs.
    2. Drink at least 8-10 cups of water
    3. Workout for 6 out of 7 days
    4. Eat more vegetables(For me it is eat vegetables)
    5. No stressing

Have a fantastic Sunday everyone.
  • missdeehere
    Options
    CRAZYQUILTER
    GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK!! How have u been doing?
    We WILL get through a PERFECT week!! Good Luck!!

OK Last week my goal was to journal & eat right and I did that!! Back on track for me

I also completed 5 days in a row of walking 20 minutes. I NEED that so bad and I weigh daily and saw the scale drop daily. So my goal this week is to walk at least 15 to 20 minutes daily.

Now I went anD slept in today, but will either walk or do a Walk Away the Pounds just so I get my walk in.

I don.t like my neighborhood, so I don't like walking here if it gets too late, :-(

READY FOR A GREAT WEEK!!
  • blackchick41bb
    Options
    hey there i would love to join.i promise to be accountable everyday.my food part is great just need to move more.so i will commit to 30 mins of walking for 5 days this week.
  • missdeehere
    Options
    hey there i would love to join.i promise to be accountable everyday.my food part is great just need to move more.so i will commit to 30 mins of walking for 5 days this week.

:flowerforyou: WELCOME BLACKCHICK
    This is a great place to start!! Small steps, one day at a time. My biggest problem is to keep myself moving. Now that I am on summer break, this can be good but also can be bad!! :-(

Good luck!! You can do it!! We will ALL do it!!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    SheBB
    Glad to see you back too!! Have a great day & a great week!!

Time for me to get up & move it, move it!! LOL:bigsmile:
  • kgorm001
    kgorm001 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge. I'm getting my husband on board as well. This week:
    1. Count ALL calories
    2. Treadmill at a MINIMUM of three times this week
    3. Increase water consumption to 8 glasses/day

OK. That oughta give me back a boost in the right direction.

Best of luck to ALL!

Kristy
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Kristy
    Great to see you. Good Job getting hubby invoulved!! I got mine to take one walk with me, and he only joined me for my cool down. :-( Since his illness he can't do much. But I am trying to get him to do it more, if only on the cool down, it is time together and time forced to do something that should help. Good Luck!!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Hi MissDee - I, too, have fallen off the wagon! I now realize why you shouldn't reward yourself with food. I hit my 60-pounds lost mark and thought I could handle eating some Dominos pizza... well from that night (last Wednesday) to Friday I ate SO MANY bad things - entire meals that could have been worth my whole day. So I've definitely gained. I've been eating very lightly yesterday and today to try to balance out those bad days. So I need to get back on track, too! I also have not been good about exercising AT ALL since last week. I have no motivation to do it whatsoever. Ugh, I need help!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Glad the string is back. I missed it. I'm going to go big and post two goals. I'm usually pretty good about posting just 1 goal for the week but lately I have been SO bad about logging the weekends I wanted to added that as mini goal #2. So goals for the week:

#1 bring lung and snacks to work every day (Monday through Friday)
    #2 today and next Saturday log why I eat.

Wishing everyone a great week.
  • missdeehere
    Options
    Hi MissDee - I, too, have fallen off the wagon! I now realize why you shouldn't reward yourself with food. I hit my 60-pounds lost mark and thought I could handle eating some Dominos pizza... well from that night (last Wednesday) to Friday I ate SO MANY bad things - entire meals that could have been worth my whole day. So I've definitely gained. I've been eating very lightly yesterday and today to try to balance out those bad days. So I need to get back on track, too! I also have not been good about exercising AT ALL since last week. I have no motivation to do it whatsoever. Ugh, I need help!

Suz
    You don't know how happy I am to see you back!!!!!!! I have missed you very much!!

I wish I knew why it is so hard to eat healthy once you cave in to the very things that got us here. I do this EVERY time I crash!! For some reason Pizza is one of my biggies. Not sure if it is the carbs or the thought that it is comfort food. And the bad thing with pizza, is you never can get enough!! One piece just does not cut it! :-(

You also had a lot going on in your personal life and that would drive me to pizza!! and also to ice cream, chocolate, Italian & fried foord!! All that bad bad stuff!!

You have done so good and so fast. You totally took off and are already a NEW YOU!! You CAN & WILL be back on track!! You are that motivated & focused.

Sooooooo your goal this week is probably what my goal was last week. Eat Healthy & Journal! LOL

YOU CAN DO IT!! ((((((BIG HUG)))))