Maintainers - how do you keep your head in the game?

Replies

• stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    I keep logging, keep exercising and keep my goals interesting (goal tend to be fitness ones).
  • skyqueen6
    skyqueen6 Posts: 8 Member
    edited November 2014
    I keep logging, exercising, and keep my goals interesting also stuffinmuffin.
  • skyqueen6
    skyqueen6 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm going to vary my routine some next Friday. I am going to try kickboxing.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    i just reached my goal and i am planning to still log my food to keep me accountable
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    how to keep head in game? Don't stop playing.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    I just keep doing what I'm doing.
  • massimo690
    massimo690 Posts: 9 Member
    I manage to stay within a weight range 191-195 lbs without too much control . Once I cross the line I start logging food and doing more excercise until I reach the bottom.
  • vsheetz1
    vsheetz1 Posts: 18 Member
    Log everything.
    If you don't know how many calories in something, don't eat it.
    Weigh weekly - same time, same/similar clothing.
    Target maintaining goal weight plus or minus 5 pounds.
    Watch out for salt in food, as it will cause water retention and flux your weight.
    Lots of fruit and vegetables.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    For me, maintenance is about the same as when I was losing weight - everything is the same - diet, exercise etc. the only difference is that I get a few hundred calories a day more to eat. I log everything and weigh everything. I will be doing it for life, because I never want to be fat again. I am working towards strength now, as my next goal.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    I've been maintaining nearly 2 years after losing 52lb; it's a mixture of regular logging, regular exercise & knowing what my TDEE is and making sure my macro's are well balanced around it.
    oh, and this is a new way of life, not a diet, so I don't eat anything I don't like for the sake of it :smile:
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    I'm pretty amazed at how similar the approaches are to my own!:

I think "maintain healthy lifestyle" not "maintain weight";
    I log every day - and plan meals for the week on a Sunday;
    I allow for "celebration" days - Weddings, holidays, birthdays, and get back on track asap afterwards!;
    I weigh myself once a week;
    I exercise using the same routine x 4 - 5 mornings Aerobic step, in those same mornings I go to the gym x 2 as well;
    I have a + & - rule of 4 lbs;
    I have got rid of all my big clothes;

Also, I like this feeling! I can now walk up four flights of stairs and not be gasping for breath at the end! And I like to exercise! I never thought I'd say that :-)
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    There are so many positive responses here, I can really relate to pretty much all of them! :)
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    I weigh myself every morning, log most of the time, and make exercises/activity part of my life. I like feeling healthy and energetic, wearing smaller sizes, and being strong so it's really not too hard to "keep my head in the game." Of course, sometimes I go way over my calories and sometimes I don't get enough exercise. It all works out though.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited December 2015
    Habit. It doesn't have to be in the game. I just have to do it - and I just do. My life is set up so I eat healthy and exercise pretty regularly. I notice when I don't feel good when I eat too much (last week for example). And I stop doing it. Logging helps.