Alli / Xenical, Does It Work? (Please Only Answer If You Have Actually Taken It)

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    Should not read thread while eating

Sorry 'bout that. :/:(
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Ninkyou wrote: »

s'ok. I could have stopped reading lol. Your story killed me though. I kept thinking about that poor lady and imagining being in her shoes.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member

s'ok. I could have stopped reading lol. Your story killed me though. I kept thinking about that poor lady and imagining being in her shoes.

Yeah, it's really hard not to imagine what that must have been like for her. I felt so bad for her but at the same time, I was so grossed out. I seriously hope she stopped taking it after that incident. I can't imagine continuing to take a product that does that to a person.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    I seriously think wearing white would be a bad idea. Orange maybe okay, not sure though.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    kkenseth wrote: »

Squishy. It would have been squishy.

:grimace:

I just LOLed
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member

I just LOLed

I'm not responding lol
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    I guess I'll share I was a senior in high school and was super constipated and bought some mineral oil. I had a big field trip the next day (the city we were traveling to was three and a half hours away), so I drank the entire container. My experience with mineral oil to that point was limited, so I figured that taking a huge quantity would make stuff happen sooner. I was wrong. Nothing happened. Nothing at all until the next day on the bus. I was having terrible stomach cramps and thought I would release some pressure with a stealth fart. Nope. I exploded. It was a greasy orange puddle. We were on the interstate, in the middle of winter. Everyone opened their windows and the bus driver pulled into the first rest area we got to. I ending up standing naked from the waist down washing my jeans in the rest stop bathroom with the most ineffective soap in existence. I destroyed two sinks. The rest I won't share - it was not one of my prouder moments in life. It was another eight hours before I could go home.

Oh wow, that's awful!!
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    I guess I'll share I was a senior in high school and was super constipated and bought some mineral oil. I had a big field trip the next day (the city we were traveling to was three and a half hours away), so I drank the entire container. My experience with mineral oil to that point was limited, so I figured that taking a huge quantity would make stuff happen sooner. I was wrong. Nothing happened. Nothing at all until the next day on the bus. I was having terrible stomach cramps and thought I would release some pressure with a stealth fart. Nope. I exploded. It was a greasy orange puddle. We were on the interstate, in the middle of winter. Everyone opened their windows and the bus driver pulled into the first rest area we got to. I ending up standing naked from the waist down washing my jeans in the rest stop bathroom with the most ineffective soap in existence. I destroyed two sinks. The rest I won't share - it was not one of my prouder moments in life. It was another eight hours before I could go home.

As if high school isn't bad enough... WOW. I have nightmares about stuff like this.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Wow. To think I have seen this product in the chemist
    It's just not worth the disgrace
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member

Nice!

I wonder if OP is still considering it as a viable weight loss option?
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    My mum was prescribed this (Orlistat) a few years ago - and oh lord did this "work". I recall being at a Cafe with her having lunch and mid-sentence she had to literally sprint to the bathroom. She was in there for a good 15 minutes. When she came out, she was mortified and insisted we 'had to leave'. There was a queue waiting to get in the stall after her and she didn't want to hear their reaction to the 'state' the toilet. No matter how much she flushed and scoured with the cafe's toilet brush - she could not get rid of the 'oil'. I know it's disgusting but it is what it is - it's how your body reacts to the ingredient. Oily stools and the 'urge' just comes on no matter where you are. It's supposed to 'put you off' eating high fat food, I imagine. My mum certainly turned down curries and burgers and pasta without any hesitation whilst she was on it.

When she was on it, I was also overweight and miserable. I wasn't 'overweight enough' for my doctor to prescribe it to me and I remember sneaking into my Mum's bedside drawer after a heavy meal and stealing one of her Orlistat pills and taking it *Sigh*, Silly, Silly girl I was. Anyway, I took this pill and waited.

Absolutely NOTHING happened which I found totally bizarre.