Sixers Love Yourself Challenge

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hi gals! Just on a quick break! Thought I'd drop a note!

I'm tired today...just worn out...but still positive!!! :wink: :bigsmile:

Hope you're all having a good afternoon!!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Good day ladies!!

SBB1, that's a pain about the neighbours. Having bad neighbours is such a draining thing. We've been through that and are currently dealing too. Congrats

Cathy, YAY for son and his job!

Robin, good on you for the nagging. Women in particular are trained by this society that to compliment another woman they must put themselves down somehow. It's a dreadful habit and once you're aware you see it ALL the time! Instead of "you're so great at putting together presentations!" we tend to say things like "I'm SO disorganized.. I could NEVER put together a presentation like that!". We all need to stop it and just honour ourselves AND celebrate each other!!! :bigsmile: :heart:

Amy, heya! How long have you been doing weight-watchers? What do you like about it? Have a fun visit with your friends!

Kristin, I'm glad that you're feeling positive. That's ALWAYS a good thing :heart:

Ava had her first cleaning at the dentist today! She did really well. And Leith wanted to go next :happy: He has to go to the paediatric dentist in a couple of weeks. It's a consult but they need to do some work. I took Leith in the other day because I've been concerned about his teeth (we had to use a cloth to brush them when he was smaller because the attachment from his lip to gums was low and bled if we used a brush). My old dentist said no problem and suggested the cloth in the first place. But I've never been able to really get his teeth CLEAN and I've been worried that there is some decay going on. So I found a great new dentist and I was right. I'm really nervous at the thought of any sedation but he needs healthy teeth!! He's really cool with the process though so I'm hoping they can just do the laughing gas and not put him right under.

My meals for the day:

1. pumpkin apple oatmeal
    2. gala apple & some dark chocolate covered pretzels (YUM!)
    3: sodium-free Ezekiel toast w/ hummus & alfalfa sprouts
    4. scrambled egg whites w/ salsa & mixed veggies
    5. stuffed chicken breast left-overs
    6. sweet & sour bison meatballs w/ rice & broccoli
    7. blueberry vanilla power smoothie (plain ff yogurt, skim milk, vanilla ice cream protein powder, acidophilus, flax meal, blueberries & banana. It's a 300 cal before-bed snack that is WELL worth the calories!!)

Today is a rest day but I'm back to the grind with bosu tomorrow! May or may not check in later but I'll be lurking anyway :glasses:
    Oh right, something I love about myself... I love who I am as a mother. I know that my children are getting a great foundation of love, emotional health, safety and routine and seeing the amazing little people they are affirms that I'm doing right by them! :heart: :bigsmile: :heart:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Today I LOVE the fact that I did a AWESOME 3 1/2 mile run. I realize that I love to SWEAT! It means I'm working hard! I'm not making the best food choices, but being in this group is motivating me. So thanks for letting me be here and for all your great motivating stories. It really does help! By the way how did you come up with the name SIXERS. Just wondering, Heidi
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!:flowerforyou:

I had a wonderful day today, nothing to complain about, yet. Give me time, I'm sure I'll come up with something. JK!:laugh: Nothing to report today, just been doing my thing.

Love myself: I love that I am so universal at work. It helps keep my busy on slow days and lets me know every aspect of our office.

Food:
    B- 2 packets of Maple and Brown sugar oatmeal
    S- Popcorn
    L- Rice and some broccoli
    S- 100 cal cookies
    D- Don't know yet. Youngest one wants Chick Fil A

Well, gotta go before hubby kills the little one.:laugh: Talk to ya'll's later.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    By the way how did you come up with the name SIXERS.

Six week long challenges.
    Sexy in Six Weeks.
    We became the Sexy in Sixers, or truncated again, just the Sixers. :bigsmile:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    By the way how did you come up with the name SIXERS.

Like Lauryn said, it's the six week challenges we do! A couple of us met in the summer during a 13 week challenge and since we wanted to keep posting together in challenges Kristin realized that it was 6 weeks between the end of the 13 week challenge and the start of American thanksgiving, then another 6 weeks between that and the new year!

Glad you're finding motivation here :wink: There is definitely a lot to be found and the great thing is that we all take turns :bigsmile:

Just made about a bzillion bison meatballs and they're now bathing in sweet & sour sauce in the crock pot and I'm off the the kiddos to walk our pooch!
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    I'm impressed again everyone. Welcome to all the new people. You will love this group.
    I will weigh in tomorrow and give my stats. I have finally decided on a job in Va. :happy: I am soooo happy. Now, I can begin to focus on my fitness and self maintenance again. :) Can't wait!!!!

Miss you all and will check in tomorrow. My next task is moving but I won't discuss it because just the word is overwhelming :frown:

Love you all!!

Tamm

One thing I love about me.....

My smile!!! It brightens my day.... of course.
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Cathy - WAHOO! Glad you got some good news your posts always crack me up! Inflict pain that is good!

Amy - I love that poem... have for a long time.. you made me cry ... a good cry tho!

Tamm - So glad you decided on the job! SOOO Excited for you!

Strawberry - not everyone can be an animal lover like us! Cathy gave you some GREAT advice.. just be patient with him.. he/she's just a baby. What breed is ur dog? Certain dogs have what is called detachment disorder - I have a sheltie and she has it... does some crazy stuff when I am away....A friend of mine leaves a radio on when she is away it tends to sooth her dog - you could try that.

Pedal - I am coming to live with you so that you can feed me! Always sounds so good...

Okay why did you have to throw down the challenge of trying a new exercise.. yeah I wanna start going to the Gym in the AM instead of my basement to work out - do a class that will challenge me.. but it is soooo cold that early in the am! = )

Today I love that the stress didn't get to me! I am winning the battle!

Not lookin forward to weighing tomorrow! Good luck everyone!

Oh yeah - I am running a Biggest loser Challenge at work 12weeks. How fun right? Well any ideas you ladies have please send them my way.
    Becky
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I didn't have time to read posts today. I took my Hesi test and scored 95%. I am very pleased that is out of the way and hope to get an acceptance letter to our nursing program in April.

I have been exercising, but really need to focus on my calories. I am eating pretty healthy, but haven't started counting calories again. I must do this and I don't know why I keep avoiding it. Oh, I am doing the hundred push up challenge too. I can not do 1 perfect one yet, but hope to have some nice looking arms by the time I can do 100.

Well I'll check back in tomorrow with a weight update.

Have a great evening.:laugh:
  • nellienell12
    Options
    Oh yeah - I am running a Biggest loser Challenge at work 12weeks. How fun right? Well any ideas you ladies have please send them my way.
    Becky

Hey Becky, we had a Biggest Loser at work twice. The first one the winner won a WII Fit package and runner up won a $200 gift card to JC Penney's. It had lasted 12 weeks and was before Christmas. They did wonderful. Then the second one they did ended the week before Christmas and was like 7 weeks or so. That one they had everyone put in $10 to join and gave so much of that money to the winner and runner up. I didn't do either because I had done one weight thing there before that and nobody was motivated to do anything. Half of us weighed more at the end than at the beginning.
    Good luck with it though. A good advice that we did was we met once a week for lunch and had a meeting persay about how our week went and any ideas. For that lunch we would make low fat, low cal dishes to bring in and try and the recipes. It was some good food!!!! I hope this was enough. I'm sorry I'm very talkative tonight, ready for bed.

Everyone else, hope ya'll have a good evening. And I'm glad Momma you can inflict pain on my little brother.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good night.:yawn:
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    morning ladies. thanks for all the advice! (he is an american bulldog) so cute... the bf and I have been working hard the past few days to calm his nerves when we are gone.... (the radio thing works well) all was well till the fireworks last night :huh: :bigsmile: ... thank you again. i am not going to weigh in today because i think once a week is my limit (hehe) or i go crazy! ... plus i had a BADDD day yesturday... and i am slightly nervous about it.... however today is a NEW day am I am feeling good! :happy: today i love that my 'bad' day worked out to being only 98 calories over... because i worked out a TON!!! and LOVED it!!! :happy: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Hey! Where is everyone?! This is our check-in! Well, I'll get it rolling then :happy:
    I don't think we're updating the list on Fridays, right? So I'm not copying it here. But I'm down.... wait for it... 2.8 lbs since Tuesday :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: And my word, I've earned every bit of it. Of course, that is because I've had 5lbs of holiday weight to shed but as new weight does, it came off quickly with the right work. I'm now weighing in at 169.8 lbs and I will NOT be visiting those 170's again this time. So I'm back to what I was the day before I got my horrid flu last month and everything spiraled into a pit of less than ideal choices. WOOHOO!!! I'm very happy about this :bigsmile:

My meals for today are:

1. pumpkin apple oatmeal
    2. ezekiel toast w/ hummus & alfalfa sprouts
    3. ezekiel toast w/ almond butter & banana
    4. scrambled egg whites w/ skim milk cheese, veggies & salsa
    5. chocolate protein shake
    6. we're ordering from that amazing local organic pizza place (where they brush the crust with honey and sprinkle on poppy seeds and use all seasonal local ingredients, goat cheese... oh my lordy it's SO good!) I'm having 3 slices.
    7. chocolate protein shake

work out is bosu / cardio kickboxing class tonight.

Breakfast time!! TTYL!
  • nellienell12
    Options
    Way to go Rhiannon!! Great job. I lost, but I'm not posting because I don't want to jinx myself. I always weigh less on Friday's weigh in than Tuesday's, go figure!

Anywho, hope everyone is doing really well today since no one is on here.

My love myself is: I love that I'm such a wonderful listener. I may not acknowledge, but I am listening.

Food for today is:

B- Cereal w/ milk
    S- Whole weat pancake with bananas. A girl at work made it, yummy.
    L- Healthy Choice turkey and mashed potatoes
    S- SF cookies
    D- Not sure. Didn't have anything out or planned.

Have a wonderful day ladies, I'm going to eat my lunch now. Later.:smile:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Good morning Sixers. I am the same this morning. No change. That is good and bad. Down would have been lovely. Oh well. I am off to the gym right now after this posting.

Food is not planned.

I will be back later to read everyones posts and post my food choices.

Amy:flowerforyou:

PS- What I love about myself today.....I am making it to the gym!
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hey! Where is everyone?! This is our check-in! Well, I'll get it rolling then :happy:
    I don't think we're updating the list on Fridays, right? So I'm not copying it here. But I'm down.... wait for it... 2.8 lbs since Tuesday :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: And my word, I've earned every bit of it. Of course, that is because I've had 5lbs of holiday weight to shed but as new weight does, it came off quickly with the right work. I'm now weighing in at 169.8 lbs and I will NOT be visiting those 170's again this time. So I'm back to what I was the day before I got my horrid flu last month and everything spiraled into a pit of less than ideal choices. WOOHOO!!! I'm very happy about this :bigsmile:

Hi All,

Pedal, WOW!! Good for you. That is a great loss :happy: I don't update my ticker on Friday, just check in.

I am up 1.6 since Tue. I was so hungry last night that I couldn't get to sleep, so I got out of bed and ate several things. I never do that. :noway: I ate normally through the day, so I don't know what was going on with me to make me feel so ravenous.

I need to get motivated again and have some ideas on how I am going to do that. I am going to reward myself with a massage after I get 40 points.

Here is my point system:
    Planning meals for the day = 1point
    Exercising = 1 point
    Drinking all my water = 1 point
    losing 2 pounds (only counts on Tue. weigh in) = 5 points

I am also going to start taping shows I would like to watch and only watch them if I am walking on the tredmill. If anyone has any other ideas how to get my momentum back please let me know.

Have a great day:flowerforyou:
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    I am down 0.2 lbs. haha!!! but I'll take it!! :laugh:

Today I love that I got to sleep in!!! :smile:

Needing to do a little research for work today before I speak with my adviser on Monday so hopefully will get that done!!

Check back soon! :heart:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    wow everyone doing good. as for me i have been running everyday this week and have eaten one meal a day out, which i so NOT normal for me. so i am feeling the water weight. so today when we had lunch out again, i told DH & son this was it for me. i need to eat my healthy meals again. so tomorrow is my new start.
    glad not a busy either.
    need to get this cleaning done....(i have been attempting all week to get it done and still haven't had the time to do it)....
    later.....
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    O.k. Since I am new to this group I now know what Sixers stand for and when the challenge is over and to post something that I love about myself every day, but now I am still trying to figure out all the rules. You know like when you all weigh in, when are we supposed to copy that chart with everyone's name on it and change our stats, and maybe anything else I may need to know.

Everyone sounds so great in this group and I hope that I can get to know you all better. I have struggled with my weight ever since my first baby. I hope to keep steady on here and gain some confidence. I want to be at my goal weight by the time my anniversary this year and before my SKINNY big sister has her baby. This is my chance to catch up you know!

:heart: Today I love that I have planned all my meals and snacks and am following the plan so far!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    we normally copy/post the chart on tues. morning. kistin will make up the post monday night for us to find in the morning. some do a little quick weigh in on fridays to keep themselfs in check before the weekend. when we seem to fall just a little. we all do different things, some are college students, some homemakers (me), some work full or part time. shanell (nellienell) is my daughter. we live close to each other, but, don't see each other often, we talk or email. some post their measurements on the last day of the challenge with weight, some don't. we will do this challenge for 6 weeks and than start another for another 6 weeks. if i counted correctly that will take us to a week past st. patty's day. posting what you love about yourself is for this challenge. something else will be picked for the next one.
    i think that's it.....someone will fill in if i forgot something....
    OH yea, one more thing....WE WILL HUNT YOUR BEHING DOWN IF YOU DON'T CHECK IN DAILY....:bigsmile: LOL....just kidding....
    pop in anytime to vent or what ever. i check in here and read all day long. DH is a little concerned about that. :wink:
    well, like i said before i really need to get some cleaning done. as you can tell i still haven't gotten up from my chair yet. i am now.

see ya......
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    chipper15173 THANKS SO MUCH!!! Since I am new I feel a little out of the loop, but I hope that I can read enough and check in enough that I will get to know all of you better. :smile: