Alli / Xenical, Does It Work? (Please Only Answer If You Have Actually Taken It)

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    OP, your username may end up being oddly appropriate if you take this stuff. ;)

I scanned through the posts to see if this had been covered yet.

Seeing that it has, there's nothing left for me to do in here.

(I guess I could tell the story of how my wife had to bring me an entire change of clothes including shoes and socks to work one day and pass them through the door when I mistrusted a fart while standing at a urinal many many years ago...but won't because that would be unnecessarily embarrassing.)

The phrase 'mistrusted a fart' has made me nearly cry on the bus....
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Alli, but it reminds me of the "issues" I had when Lays potato chips came out with chips cooked in Olean. Anyone else get some surprises from them, too?

Yeah, funny how those got pulled off the shelves pretty quickly, huh?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    And this thread delivers. <nods>

Should be stickied. B)
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Back in '08 the Army was actually doing trials by looking for volunteers to take it to see if it was something they would make available to those in the overweight program. I declined after hearing the side effects but my friend took them up on it. I think she was on it for less than two weeks when she quit. All it took for her was one close call.
  • minnieme47
    minnieme47 Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    First time I went on fitness pal I went on xls too and lost a stone but I was also walking my mums dog twice a day while she was ill. Hate prescription as even eating salad makes you have fat dribble and explode out which is awful!! Ali was OK but can do the same if very high fat consumed.... if you think it helps them go for xls but excersise and fitnesspal work better. I think in part if you believe it then you do better as if you don't the money was wasted but you just can't depend on it and eat fatty things but need to stay on fitness pal :)
  • dawnsnarks
    dawnsnarks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    I don't like how everybody is just dumping on Alli. OP asked for positive responses, not crappy replies.

Oh, so this is where this thread is going next, huh?

Awesome. I'll join your movement.

Things are heading down the toilet, I see.

Uncle Eddie would be right at home here.