Logging on thanksgiving?

Options
Who's doing it?

Replies

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You really really like Bailey's don't you?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just like any other day. You log it, you move on. IN!
  • BaileysxCoffee
    BaileysxCoffee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    dhimaan wrote: »
    You really really like Bailey's don't you?

Point??
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'll probably log half and quick add half
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I plan to log what I "think" the calories are because I'll be using others homemade entries. My mom is cooking so it's impossible to log correctly and I won't have access to a scale either. I will overestimate to be safe. So far I've pre logged 2,600 calories. ed5wxjc6afib.jpeg
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada and we already had our Thanksgiving. I prelogged what I expected I would eat before going to my husband's families for supper then I adjusted it when I got home to better reflect what I actually ate. This allowed me to understand what calories were in what food so I could serve myself accordingly. I also went to the gym in the morning and ate lightly for my other meals.
  • BaileysxCoffee
    BaileysxCoffee Posts: 26 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I already had a pre thanksgiving meal and ate 2.461 calories today. Thursday to come. But I'm going to watch on Thursday
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it. It wont be 100% accurate but I'll do the best I can. I'm not planning on going to crazy with food anyway, so I'm not stressing. As long as there's reasonable room for dessert, it's all good.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Already logged in, my recipes for green bean casserole, stuffing, Turkey, and gravy. Oh, and my glass of milk.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Today I actually prelogged breakfast, football snacks, 2 gin and tonics watching football, my planned thanksgiving dinner that I am cooking with 2 glasses of wine. Yep, I am definitely a scooch over but I am swimming Friday, gonna enjoy my oldest son's favorite holiday snack treat, skip my youngest son's favorite pumpkin pie and am planning an extra early thanksgiving morning walk. Totally doable, and if I am over a few hundred calories I know it won't be the end of me for one day. This year rather than making my infamous homemade rolls I bought a small packet of family fav's so I don't have the leftovers.... only doing a half of my family recipe for Italian stuffing so I don't have leftovers.... I bought freezer containers to bundle up appropriate future portions of the dressing and Turkey for my boys. If I mess this up, it is not going to be due to lack of planning LOL
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I log every day.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Who's doing it?

Why hello my MFP soulmate;)

Anywhoo, I'm gonna log "Cheat Day" which is a 3000 calorie log I created for myself, then leave MFP and not open it again until I wake up on Friday:) I'm cutting hard in anticipation though. Would love to be able to maintain my weekly deficit.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I might log most of the day but I won't log Thanksgiving dinner. I'm not cooking so everything will just be a complete guess and not accurate anyway. Plus I don't want to worry about weighing and measuring, I just want to take reasonable portions and enjoy the meal! I've been at this for 10 months (and close to my goal) and sometimes a short break from logging is good for my sanity. :)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Yep I will it's still food!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes!! All of it!!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    But I'm no role model. I've been on a three day road trip where I've over eaten and under walked through 4 states... Thanksgiving is just an afterthought!
    I will be finding my religion when I get back home Friday.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    I prelogged the entire day. The main meal, a light meal, and an iced coffee came out to over 3,000 calories. Yes, there will be pie! I'm not doing the cooking, so I estimated as best as I could.

I took the total number of calories over a 250 cal daily deficit, divided by 6, and quick added that amount to the other 6 days in order to balance out the week.
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't see why you wouldn't log it.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    In the UK, We don't really celebrate thanksgiving - but christmas - I personally go HARD for. I won't be logging then. It's one day. It's fine.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I'll log in about 4,000 calories just to be safe. Thank goodness for the cranberry sauce.