Four months after stopping cardio/counting calories - You should try it.

Options
124»

Replies

• PhoenyxRose
    PhoenyxRose Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great job just don't forget leg day ;)

Friend don't let friends skip leg day and end up with chicken legs :P
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    ajnb88 wrote: »
    34blast wrote: »
    In my opinion you went way too far with the weight loss, to the point you looked anorexic. You look much better now, but keep lifting heavy you need to gain some more weight.

In retrospect, yes. Although I reckon the cause was that, back then, I thought it'd be easier to essentially 'strip down' and build back again. Now I'm trying to get back up, it's not that easy..!

The first pic was about 105kg, the second around 71. Currently around 75/76 (third pic) and my current goal is to get up to 90 eventually. :)

While I do not have science to back me up (have not looked for it) I think your 'strip down ' then rebuilt makes sense. My my case I expect I have toxic stuff stored in my fat cells that would be good to dump 'over time'.

I do expect other active people eating under 2000 calories daily are in the same boat that you were at first.

Keep up the great job.
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Great job just don't forget leg day ;)

Friend don't let friends skip leg day and end up with chicken legs :P

I very rarely do leg day specifically, instead I do squats almost every gym session, with sldls thrown in if I do want to focus on them a bit more ;)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    I started skinny, then packed on mass and now as I'm aging, I've had to add cardio sessions, where I didn't have to before in my 20's-30's if I still want to eat the same amount I've been eating for a few decades now. So I do have to pay attention to calories even if I'm only eating 3 times a day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Decided to bulk again. h8bo1uqge2f5.jpeg
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for everyone. I tried counting calories - no luck. I lifted weight (heavy) faithfully for about 2 years - not the results I wanted there either. Did WW about 2 years ago and finally dropped some pounds. I started running about 4 years ago and LOVE it. I need cardio - I like the way it makes me feel - I don't enjoy lifting weights. My strength training comes mixed in with cardio in boot camp. To each his (or her) own - congrats on your success!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    ajnb88 wrote: »
    Decided to bulk again. h8bo1uqge2f5.jpeg

Yay for bulking! I too tried to strip down as low as I could before a bulk. I don't regret it because I couldn't even get as low as I wanted, but I have learned from the experience. Thank you for posting this. I think it is very helpful and inspiring for many members.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!