I'm not posting again in the forums

Options
Every time I do , my posts either get deleted for no reason or no one acknowledges my existence.

What a bunch of crap!

Replies

• TheopolisAmbroiseIII
    Options
    Unless you're posting about detoxes, cleanses, purging, or other nonsensical or dangerous weight loss topics, I can't imaging your posts are deleted. And I've never seen a topic without at least one response.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    well this post has been successful you have two responses.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    My life wont be the same now.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    What happened?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Your previous post that received responses was moved for moderation. You seem to have had a bad experience in the chit-chat forums, so I highly suggest looking through other sections and replying on topics that interest you. With how fast topics can be bumped from the most recent pages, starting your own can often end in frustration due to it being passed over (generally because the title of your post doesn't spark interest). You can avoid the forums completely if you are not satisfied with them, since they are only one part of MyFitnessPal. Other users find them helpful or interesting.
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    If you are posting in the Chit-chat forum, I personally have that forum blocked because it is useless. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way. Not everyone is interested in useless talk.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    You can unfollow the Chit Chat forum if you'd like. It is better than just not going there because you'll never see the posts in Recent Discussions, either. Otherwise their tomfoolery usually takes up most of the first page.
  • moijo1
    moijo1 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    just give it time , keep posting i think you have made your presence felt looking at the replies here. Dont give up on this place so easily it really does have a whole host of information and support to help you on your journey.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    terrie_k wrote: »
    If you are posting in the Chit-chat forum, I personally have that forum blocked because it is useless. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way. Not everyone is interested in useless talk.

I didn't realise you could do that, will somebody please tell me how I do this :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Wetcoaster wrote: »

Lol
  • TheBeachgod
    Options
    Hover your mouse pointer to the right of the forum name and you'll see a gear come up. I used the Recipe forum as an example even though the pointer isn't showing.

tpfmt4xlctgx.jpg

Single click on the gear and select Unfollow. Tah-dah!

egpwfcywqtg9.jpg
  • motivccess
    motivccess Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wetcoaster wrote: »

Dispense with the sarcasm, buddy
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Your previous post that received responses was moved for moderation. You seem to have had a bad experience in the chit-chat forums, so I highly suggest looking through other sections and replying on topics that interest you. With how fast topics can be bumped from the most recent pages, starting your own can often end in frustration due to it being passed over (generally because the title of your post doesn't spark interest). You can avoid the forums completely if you are not satisfied with them, since they are only one part of MyFitnessPal. Other users find them helpful or interesting.

This, especially if someone doesn't recognize you. I've been on many forums, some close to/as busy as MFP gets, and that's the norm.
    terrie_k wrote: »

I didn't realise you could do that, will somebody please tell me how I do this :)

On the main forum page, if you hover over each category there's a little gear there. Click it, then click Unfollow.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Many thanks @TheBeachgod and @malibu927 :)
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Never been on the chit-chat forum. Holds no interest for me. I do frequent this one and several others. Sorry you're feeling left out, much of t really is the timing of the post--please try not to take it personally. There are people here form all over the world. When you're posting might be in the middle of the night for others. And many topics do get introduced, quickly shifting others to the back pages. :blush:
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    @TheBeachgod thanks so much for your visual post. Now after a year I finally do not see the Chit Chat treads and will make the forums more helpful in my case. I did not know about that pop up gear.
  • TheBeachgod
    Options
    You're welcome, RuNaRoUnDaFiEld and GaleHawkins. I was thrilled when I found out about that.

See, OP, you made a thread and it brought joy to others! Keep posting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQrpCN4wZ6s
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    oh I have been in the banned list for awhile. it will end soon, do not give up/
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I find it bizarre that multiple of your very few posts are about how you hate the forums and won't be posting again...
  • Phaewryn
    Phaewryn Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Better than my results here, where I essentially get attacked for my calorie intake every single time I make a post, no matter what the topic is or how little it has to do with what I am asking about or sharing. It's like a bunch of stalkers in these forums, the moment someone posts a question, the first thing they do is go pounce on your food log and TRY to find something to pick on you about. It's really the least friendly forum community I've ever been part of (probably because dieting females are nasty to each other because they are grumpy from being deprived). YET, I still sometimes get a question productively answered or a compliment on my food (which I enjoy sharing photos of) or something positive... after I sift through all the food-pusher attacks, so I keep coming back here. o.O
This discussion has been closed.