something has gone wrong with my FACE!

Options

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

Well i am writing on here as i need to know if this theory is right......

Basically been dieting now for near on a month, and my skin on my face is the WORST its ever been. constant painful spots, scarring my face a bit.....

I drink enough water, i get the right vitamins....

My theory is.... i have these spots because its all the crap being pushed out of my skin.....

Please tell me this is right, and that this will not carry on.... Its embarrassing, painful, and really not nice.

Don't listen to anyone on here, go see a doctor in regards to your issue.

Sounds like your hormones are out of wack and you might need estrogen, but I haven't seen your blood work so what do I know??!?!?

Then why are you telling her she might need estrogen of all things? <confused>
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I love the idea upthread ( @janejellyroll ) to wash your makeup off before working out. That would be an inexpensive thing to try. I was also thinking hormone imbalance. If you've lost a lot of weight quickly there could be more hormones coursing through your system.

I see advice to both increase your fat intake and reduce your fat intake. You could try both; not at the same time of course, but I suspect diet modifying won't do much for you.

OP, how many total calories, and also grams of fat are you typically eating per day?

Hello, I'm eating around 45g fat a day roughly

And 1100 - 1200 calories

That isn't a lot of calories for someone who goes to the gym? How tall are you? And based on your picture, you dont have a lot to lose, so you don't want a huge deficit. It will make it harder to maintain your muscle mass which is what actually makes you appear lean.

I am 5"7, I dont burn much at the gym, usually 300-400 calories :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    So, on toxins. When I was breastfeeding I was told by nurses and docs not to lose weight too fast. Toxins stored in our fat cells find their way out through our sweat and other excretions when the fat cells are broken down. So the toxins were excreted in breast milk as well. I have always just assumed the same with working out, losing weight and acne. Off to do some reading.

What sort of toxins are being stored in your fat cells?

organochlorines and pesticides.
    http://toxsci.oxfordjournals.org/content/67/1/46.full

Note that the correlation is only limited to a few molecules in this study.

However, I disagree that these molecules "find their way out our sweat." No, we don't sweat organochlorines.

What I found of interest is the apparent correlation between weight loss and a decrease in serum T3. I have Hashimoto's and I was thinking of getting my levels checked because I've been feeling especially sluggish of late. I have lost 75 lbs in the past ten months, with about another 10 or 15 to go to goal.

Do you take diet breaks?
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

Basically been dieting now for near on a month, and my skin on my face is the WORST its ever been. constant painful spots, scarring my face a bit.....

My theory is.... i have these spots because its all the crap being pushed out of my skin.....

Please tell me this is right, and that this will not carry on.... Its embarrassing, painful, and really not nice.

Sounds like your hormones are out of wack and you might need estrogen, but I haven't seen your blood work so what do I know??!?!?

Reinforcing my point about going to the doctors and not to listen to random people on a message board because no one has seen her blood work.
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Im quite late for my period still too so i definitely think my hormones are messed up ! ( too much info, but its relevant)
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Im quite late for my period still too so i definitely think my hormones are messed up ! ( too much info, but its relevant)

Yes! please go see your doctor you could have a serious medical problem that needs to be addressed.
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    Options

Yes! please go see your doctor you could have a serious medical problem that needs to be addressed.

I dont think its that serious, im just late for my period due to the hormone change where my body is not used to increased amounts of protein and less fat etc..., and the reason for my spots is because of me not taking my make off before the gym, and touching my face after touching the dirty gym equipment, i hadn't thought of this before i posted this post....

I truly believe that each individual understands their own body and i know that i don't need a doctor, my body just needs to stop having a silly paddy and calm down :) Thank you for your concern though. and i have appreciated everyone's comments on here , it made me think about things i hadn't even considered.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I miss my period sometimes and my doctors have told me it's nothing to be concerned about.

I think you might also want to make sure you don't have an infection. gyms are a cesspool of bacteria and viruses and fungus.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    So, on toxins. When I was breastfeeding I was told by nurses and docs not to lose weight too fast. Toxins stored in our fat cells find their way out through our sweat and other excretions when the fat cells are broken down. So the toxins were excreted in breast milk as well. I have always just assumed the same with working out, losing weight and acne. Off to do some reading.

However, I disagree that these molecules "find their way out our sweat." No, we don't sweat organochlorines.

What I found of interest is the apparent correlation between weight loss and a decrease in serum T3. I have Hashimoto's and I was thinking of getting my levels checked because I've been feeling especially sluggish of late. I have lost 75 lbs in the past ten months, with about another 10 or 15 to go to goal.

Do you take diet breaks?

I haven't yet, but I plan to go into maintenance from the middle of December to the middle of January, and then get back at it for the last 10 or 15.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

I dont think its that serious, im just late for my period due to the hormone change where my body is not used to increased amounts of protein and less fat etc..., and the reason for my spots is because of me not taking my make off before the gym, and touching my face after touching the dirty gym equipment, i hadn't thought of this before i posted this post....

I truly believe that each individual understands their own body and i know that i don't need a doctor, my body just needs to stop having a silly paddy and calm down :) Thank you for your concern though. and i have appreciated everyone's comments on here , it made me think about things i hadn't even considered.

If you're concerned you can always call NHS 111 for some advice (which will probably be wait and see.)

I think the face cleanser thing is also worth a punt though.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

If your period is late you are either pregnant or your BC is off or you are not eating enough and are too low of a weight already...go see a doctor.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    Hello everyone

Reinforcing my point about going to the doctors and not to listen to random people on a message board because no one has seen her blood work.
    Reinforcing *my* point that why are you telling her not to listen to random people on the internet, but then go on to tell her that her estrogen might be low. Do you not see the irony in that?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Do you take diet breaks?

I haven't yet, but I plan to go into maintenance from the middle of December to the middle of January, and then get back at it for the last 10 or 15.

Well, if you are feeling sluggish, lost for 10 months without a break then you are past due for a break.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    My skin cleared up when I first started eating healthier, however when I eat a lot (or more than my norm) I tend to break out more.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Yes, try cleansing before and after workouts but sincerely consider seeing your doctor. When I was young, I had an eating disorder. I had pimply skin and my period started being later every month and eventually stopped all together. It is very possible that you are underestimating the amount of food you are eating and the amount of calories you are burning. Even if you are being perfectly accurate with your logging and you are eating 1100-1200 calories then burning 300-400 calories working out that leaves 700-800 net calories per day which is in an unhealthy range.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Maybe you're pregnant?
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Maybe you're pregnant?

Nope not possible
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies, I'm going to go with, taking make up off before exercise, and using a milder cleanser :)

Be careful about washing your face TOO much, it can actually stimulate oil production (just like washing your hair too often and/or using a harsh shampoo makes your hair oilier). I would remove makeup with a gentle cleanser before exercising but only use water to wash any other time. The best cleanser I have found is CeraVe Hydrating cleanser (available most places like Walgreens, CVS, etc). Very gentle but effective.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options

Do you take diet breaks?

Well, if you are feeling sluggish, lost for 10 months without a break then you are past due for a break.

And Christmas seems to be the perfect time to do so! I'm looking forward to it. :)
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Maybe you're pregnant?

Nope not possible

but it could be a MFP Christmas miracle!