Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Time to get back on track after a few days of not really tracking and eating bigger meals with family. No gain, but no loss either!
    Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Today's plan is house cleaning till it warms up a bit then head outside to get some work done. We got my youngest son a mini mule yesterday as an early Christmas present, want to let him ride the mule this afternoon.

Way to go with no gain! Made it past that holiday! =) Keep up the great work Cassie!! Love the mule!! Too cute!! Sounds awesome!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Smoked our turkey we shared with my folks yesterday.... SO YUMMY!!
    k26aykalq5wa.jpg

Loved smoked turkey!! That is the best way to cook em! YUMMY! Hope you had a great holiday!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    nikhbee wrote: »
    Good morning folks! Great to see all the progress here through the holidays. I started this week with not much exercise. I made it up over the last two days though, skiing at the Tahoe mountains. I'm still a beginner and discovered many new muscles during my two day session (ouch). Now my motivation is to make my body more fit and toned so I can go down the slopes with glee abandon. Stay strong over the weekend! I'm off to the couch with my hot water pack

That's fun and a great exercise! Love skiing!! Hope your muscles are all healed up!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    So good to see all of these positive posts! Exactly what I needed after Thanksgiving weekend & before I leave on Thursday for my honeymoon in Maui! Have a great Monday, everyone!

Have an awesome honeymoon!!! Jealous! Congrats!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Hot9Stff wrote: »
    Hi! After off and on success/failures over the years, I am determined to get serious about my weight. I am so tired of avoiding getting my picture taken and trying not to see my own reflection in windows/mirrors. I just want to be happy about myself again! I live a relatively active lifestyle (I own my own farm and it is just me so I do A LOT by myself) and I have always worked out. I can get on a treadmill and run for 2 or 3 miles or do an hour of yoga. I finally weighed myself and couldn't believe the number...how is it that I am capable of working out like I do and I'm still THAT heavy.... I have about 120 lbs to lose and want to get more active in the community this time to help me do it. I also bought a fitbit to help. MyFitnessPal is a great tool and I am DETERMINED to be successful this time! I look forward to cheering you all on as well!

Awesome! Welcome! Love the motivation! And it sounds like you are on the right track!! Keep up the workouts and just watch your intake! You can do this!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    domsav4 wrote: »
    Help! Well about me, I was 321lbs and had RNY gastric bypass in 11/2011 and at my lowest weight I was 175. Well I feel myself not fitting into my clothes and feeling miserable. I weighed myself this am and I am up to a whopping 195 and I feel so ashamed and like I have failed. I am a single mom and have been for quite sometime and I am just so frustrated with everything. I need to get back on track and I always told myself I will never weigh 200lbs again. So I have got to do something. I am looking for friends that will help encourage and hopefully I can return that motivation. Thanks so much in advance !!! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and a beautiful day today.

You came to the right place!! You can do this! It takes determination and you have that! You will not e 200 lbs. We can help you! Check in often. Share your thoughts, feelings, struggles! We all have them!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Spent the last week with very little exercise and wating more than normal, happily I was up less than a pound today. Back on track this week!! We have two birthday dinners and two Thanksgiving dinners last week, all in all I was happy that I didnt have a huge gain today. I'm hoping to get a run in outside today, but it snowed last night and is still icy! I'll have to wait and see if the sun melts the roads or if Im hitting the rec center this afternoon.

You're brave, snow and ice scare me... Although it is much more refreshing to be outside! Keep up the great work Cassie!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! I was on vacation for the past week enjoying Thanksgiving with the family so I have not checked in since I was sitting at the airport waiting to leave. I have had a chance to catch up on the posts and want to welcome all of the people who have joined and also say way to go to all of you who have been sticking with it or getting back to it after the holiday!

I did not track my food as meticulously as I have been, but I am proud that I did not over indulge in goodies as I typically do during family gatherings. To prepare for Thanksgiving my fiancé and I made a paleo dressing, smashed cauliflower, and a healthier gravy so that we had better options available. I still had a small bit of my grandmothers dressing and tried a tablespoon worth of cheesy potatoes my cousin made, but other than that I felt pretty good about Thanksgiving... especially since I didn't have that full/tired feeling after eating. We also started the morning off with a 5k turkey trot. In total I got 20,674 steps for the day, which I was pretty proud of.

The days leading up to Thanksgiving were not to bad either since my fiancé and I decided that meal planning was in our best interest. We had a few wedding errands to run while in town and needed finish up our Christmas list. The days after Thanksgiving are where things started to go awry. The entire family was in town so there was lots of wine and dinning out. I did however try to order the best option I found available, but didn't feel I was able to track my calories as accurately as I would have liked.

I started my Monday with a protein shake and athletic greens since I have not had a chance to go to the store since I got back and have already meal planned for the week. As a collective whole I am proud that I did better than I ever have during a holiday home, and hope that my efforts are reflected come weigh in on Friday.

56184315.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Well, I had a great holiday! I skipped breakfast knowing I would overindulge some on Thursday for lunch... then I had a small dinner. Friday, I worked so I ate pretty good... I did make a pizza Friday night, but it's not like I ate the whole thing! LOL! So all good... my steps on the other hand stunk! Thursday & Friday. Saturday I went shopping with a friend and hit my 10k! YES! We did stop at Red Lobster but we got to go boxes and put half in it right away!! Sunday... I was working at home and on my feet all day and damn if I didn't get my steps in. Thought for sure I would. Overall though I got all my Christmas decor up, my presents that are bought wrapped, my Christmas cards in the mail, and the first batch of Christmas cookies made! I am doing it! Now that will leave me with more time to workout and prepare for the holidays! =)
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    hello all you lovely people, its great to see you all doing well and having a good holiday season.
    I have had a great weekend celebrating my friends birthday so i went a little over my calories :blush: whoops. it was worth it though.
    Ive got to be on it this week as we have lots of celebrations in the run up to Christmas, and yes i plan on enjoying every one of them and being good in between :smiley: Enjoyment in moderation is going to be my way forward i think.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    hello all you lovely people, its great to see you all doing well and having a good holiday season.
    I have had a great weekend celebrating my friends birthday so i went a little over my calories :blush: whoops. it was worth it though.
    Ive got to be on it this week as we have lots of celebrations in the run up to Christmas, and yes i plan on enjoying every one of them and being good in between :smiley: Enjoyment in moderation is going to be my way forward i think.

I love that outlook Gill! That is what forms the lifestyle change... You still want to enjoy things and live yet you work on being good and allowing yourself to go over as you stay under on other days or other meals in a day. Keep it up! And enjoy your holidays!!!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    hello all you lovely people, its great to see you all doing well and having a good holiday season. I have had a great weekend celebrating my friends birthday so i went a little over my calories :blush: whoops. it was worth it though. Ive got to be on it this week as we have lots of celebrations in the run up to Christmas, and yes i plan on enjoying every one of them and being good in between :smiley: Enjoyment in moderation is going to be my way forward i think.

AWESOME attitude!! I like that you're being realistic...enjoy yourself but still kick butt!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    Morning Peeps...#dailycheckin - I just joined a Dec Weight Loss Challenge... My PiYo should be here Monday, My BFF let me borrow her 21 Day Fix (I plan to do a hybrid schedule of the two) so I have NO EXCUSE not to kick butt this month. Stay away from the goodie tables - but still enjoy myself on occasion. But no need to graze for the month of Dec!! How's everyone doing?
  • sunrisetrout
    sunrisetrout Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So happy it is December. I'm just wishing for snow, but the 60 degree weather means it probably won't arrive until January. I leave for vacation in 25 days, so I am working very hard to get my steps in and eat right. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and/or fantastic weekend.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,213 Member
    Options
    December 1st - time for another fresh start! Off to a good start yesterday! Now I need to come up with low-carb entrees for the week!
  • ShyCush6
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Good morning! Started my day off with a short run with my daughter! Starting off short and working our way up! So proud of her for encouraging me! And I jogged the entire way... no stopping!! She also walked with me last night to help me get my steps in! =) So proud of her! She did help me make a second batch of Christmas cookies last night and I cringed when she said she wanted to so maybe that is her way of helping me get over the cookie episode in our house! =)
    Hope you are all doing great!!

fat+3.png
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Morning Peeps...#dailycheckin - I just joined a Dec Weight Loss Challenge... My PiYo should be here Monday, My BFF let me borrow her 21 Day Fix (I plan to do a hybrid schedule of the two) so I have NO EXCUSE not to kick butt this month. Stay away from the goodie tables - but still enjoy myself on occasion. But no need to graze for the month of Dec!! How's everyone doing?

You are set to rock December Jen!! Awesome!!

c64916c68438f986b751e7779a328c9b.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    December 1st - time for another fresh start! Off to a good start yesterday! Now I need to come up with low-carb entrees for the week!

You got this Joan!! December is the month! Let's rock this! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »

You are set to rock December Jen!! Awesome!!

c64916c68438f986b751e7779a328c9b.jpg

Aww.. thanks! Love your pic... I WILL CONQUER the world... AFTER COFFEE! So true!!! :D