Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone! This week has been flying by with how busy I have been... I finally have a little bit of time this morning so I will catch up on all of the posts and update y'all on the days I missed.

I got back on track Tuesday after my Monday night "oopsie". I stayed within my daily calories, including some from my workout, and reached a step count of 12,352. I found myself hungry for most of the day, but the festivities the night before didn't leave me in the best condition. I ate more than I typically do, but I made sure to eat healthy clean foods and my fiancé and I walked the stairs for a bit before bed. The temperature here has started to drop drastically at night so going outside for a 10min walk is no longer an option for us Texans - haha

Wednesday was even better than Tuesday. I had a few errands to run in the city so I decided to walk everywhere which gained me a total of 13,240 steps for the day! I met a new friend for coffee that morning and got a plain latte with almond milk instead of my usual vanilla latte. I made the decision last week that giving up coffee was NOT an option, but consuming the amount of sugar the vanilla latte has or the artificial ingredients the sugar free option has was no longer something I wanted in my daily life. I still very much enjoy the plain latte and my skin seems to be thanking me for no longer consuming milk and cheese like I use to. I was slightly under my calorie goal for the day, and was proud that I didn't use any adjustments from the steps I gained.

Today started off well. I made an egg with veggies and had my daily cup of coffee with a little bit of almond milk in it for breakfast. I have lunch plans with a friend and will be reviewing the online menu before I go so that I am prepared. Dinner is already in the fridge from last night and I finally got a clean protein and greens for a quick snack if I get hungry between meals while I am on the go so I should be set with my calorie intake. I have not received many steps as of now, but I plan to walk to lunch and also fit in a workout this evening.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Lovematthewchristopher: How exciting that you can go into your closet and do that! Way to go! You deserve to dress up and feel that every single day... We all do! I have been there before and it is such a wonderful feeling. I can not wait to get there once more because my closet and I are currently not friends but we are working on it ;)

Shycrush6: The fitbit meme seriously almost had me spit my coffee out on my computer this morning I started laughing so hard! Thank you for all the great visuals!

You are rocking it!! Nice step counts and way to go with the coffee!! Keep it up! Healthy choices are great! Love the update!!
  • ShyCush6
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Step wise yesterday, I had 10,406! Yay! Food wise.... well, I was doing great until that darn container of Oreos shot out of the pantry and shoved themselves down my throat. I swear they tied me down and dipped themselves in milk and made me eat them! I did pretty good besides the Oreo thing... but none the less, I will be making up for it today!! Steps, steps and more steps!! Had to come into work early so no work out this morning, but I will get there!

Me last night:
    cfd73f557bd9f93077cc4095af958850.jpg
  • Badger_2016
    Badger_2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ....and you can't just have one! Double stuff!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    well that was a close call. i really wasnt in the mood today, ive been freezing cold all day and had back ache but i just pushed on and managed to do my 1 hour walk. yay me :smiley: managed to come in under my calories as well yippee, i think i could have ate the sofa today.

keep up the great work everyone. step by step we will get to our goals :smiley:
  • lcnoel13
    lcnoel13 Posts: 11 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »

Welcome! Tell us a little about your self and check in often! =) We're here to cheer!!!

Thank you!! I need cheering! A little about me... I work a full time desk job then come home to my 9 yr old daughter. I'm also a writer which means I'm logging more time on my rear! Not exactly an active lifestyle. I'm here for motivation. I tend to take care of my family, and let my needs slip. I'm trying to take care of me now too.
  • heidijones337
    heidijones337 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    150 Pounds Weight loss Transformation!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vnesclVQfI
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone... I have another lunch date today with my Marketing Gurlfriends!! B) These ladies are hilarious and we have so much fun together!! Wish me luck on keeping my head straight when ordering my lunch. We are going with Mexican today so I'm not sure what to order! Ahhhhh....must research..... Have a great day ♥
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm going out for sushi tonight. I've prelogged my food so I know I'm good.
  • mmolenda06
    mmolenda06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'd love to join you all. I am more motivated then ever to lose the weight and keep it off. I feel like this time is different...I'm committed to spending more time in the gym with a real, productive workout not just going through the motions like in previous attempts. I have my diet under control, my FitBit charged and my heart rate monitor ready to go. I've been pushing over 500 calorie burns every day doing the ARC and 21DF and I've been under my calorie goal. I've lost probably most of the water weight I'll lose in the beginning and I feel like the real hard work is ahead now.
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!! Its friday!!!
    Hope everyone is having a good day, any big plans for the weekend. Saturday we have my step sons basketball game, I'm hoping to get to the rec center an hour before the game for a work out. Thinking I might just take my youngest son to swim before the game, help wear him out so he isnt trying ot run out on the court lol. Weekends seem to be my weakness for eating, so Ive planned out some good meals to help keep me on track.

Logged a 3 pound weight loss this week :) I was surprised when I got on the scale, I was thinking .5-1 pound.
  • Gibbsy21
    Gibbsy21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Anybody do any beachbody programs like Chalean Extreme?
  • lgarten69
    lgarten69 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I need this group. I have over 100 pounds to lose. I could really use the support, advise and friendship. I'm a very positive and motivating person so I can be a great cheerleader.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! Well-the weekend is back. I am hoping to keep it in check this weekend and not undo my week. But that is easier said than done for me. I am starting to get a little frustrated that it seems like the scale just wont budge. I keep going up and down those same two or three pounds. Right now I just want to get past the 220 mark. I am so close-but stuck at 222... But I am going to keep pushing. That's all I can do. One day at a time. Hopefully I can start getting a few more steps in as my knee heals. I am off of work all of next week. I might take advantage of it and do some cleaning/organizing in my house that I have been putting off. Going through the closet and getting rid of things! Move the summer clothes out and get the winter clothes back in. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • LoveOrganicLife
    LoveOrganicLife Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am currently waiting in the airport to travel back home to Texas for the week of Thanksgiving. Since I won't be able to weigh myself until I get back I made sure to get one in this morning. To my astonishment I have lost 1.3 pounds since Monday. I am thrilled that an evening out didn't sabotage my weeks efforts!

To prepare for the long plane ride home my fiancé and I went to the grocery store last night and got plenty of healthy food options so we would be set for the trip. Well I am off... I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

10932477_373203196195451_589645190_n.jpg
  • Lcarey596
    Lcarey596 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Laura from Northern California. I'm new here and just read through your discussions. You all seem very positive and I'd love to be a part of it. I will be 67 years young in a month and need to lose 20# again (2013) and get fit. I'm retired, so there is no need to go out of the house, soo, I sit in front of the TV. Fractured my knee cap in five places a couple of years ago and it still hurts. I have no motivation to walk or exercise, even though that I have a tread mill and Bow-Flex. Hubby won't walk with me and he could lose 30# also.( not going there) I need help, so this is why I'm here. I'm on Jenny Craig 1200 calories week #2. Logging all my food and have a hard time eating the snacks to eat enough calories. Lost 2# last week, was bad on Monday, but back to Monday am weight and now stuck. Help!
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    Good day everyone, hope you are all having a great Friday.!!! TOM has reared his ugly head this week and made it very difficult for me to even function. Menopause and TOM at the same time, is awful. I still havent lost any weight, but the good thing is, i havent gained any either. I feel some days that i am eating for two. I just want to eat everything in site. Starting to feel better today, so now its time to get moving and make it happen. This weekend will be an active weekend. Hope everyone has the greatest weekend.
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I walked 3 miles Monday-Friday. Yeah me! Hoping to get a walk in tomorrow, weekends are tough to find the time. I'm walking fast enough to work up a sweat---sweat is just my fat crying!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, it seems like we are all doing great and looking forward to the weekend.

I have lost 2lbs this week, whoop whoop :)

I managed to get 2 hours of kickboxing in today - lots and lots of leg work, jumping and kicking and then a burn out set at the end, but i feel absolutely great.

planning on doing some Christmas shopping on Saturday and on Sunday its a rest day (maybe :wink: ).

Have a great weekend everyone :smiley:
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    well that was a close call. i really wasnt in the mood today, ive been freezing cold all day and had back ache but i just pushed on and managed to do my 1 hour walk. yay me :smiley: managed to come in under my calories as well yippee, i think i could have ate the sofa today.

keep up the great work everyone. step by step we will get to our goals :smiley:

Great job Gill!!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    I'm going out for sushi tonight. I've prelogged my food so I know I'm good.

Yum! Love a good sushi!!