Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Darklords wrote: »
    Hello everyone , it is great to come on here and see the accomplishments everyone has achieved. I have managed to get thru all 3 Christmas parties this week-end and not gain anything phew.. I tried to keep in mind all the work I have done, I even avoided the sweets table :) that was a hard lol. Today it is back on track and get my steps in. Have a great Monday everyone, yous are great :smile:

Nice!! That is a true achievement!!! Avoiding the goodie table at any party is hard to do!!! Christmas sweets are going to be a hard one to get around. But we can do this!!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    0505jen wrote: »
    Hi, the first step is admitting that you need help. I thought I could do it on my own but I have gained back 10 lbs this year and even though we are in the season of indulging I am going to log again. I have my exercise routine but too much snacking is my downfall. I am on the downward trend again!

Welcome Jen! Hope we can help motivate you to keep going strong. Check in often! I think that is the best motivation is to hear others are struggling and having successes as well! We are all in this for the same cause and going through the same highs and lows!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Hey ladies! I took the day off Friday and went Christmas shopping. I managed to get 10K steps in easily! Saturday, my daughter and I went for a run and once again easily hit my 10K goal as well as Sunday when I was cleaning and decorating! So now on towards today... So far I'm doing ok. Could have a cleaner eating day than I have but I'm moving forward and will keep doing so. I was down .5 lbs on Friday! So that was a happy dance as well!!
  • MathildaZ
    MathildaZ Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I only have 11 lbs to lose , however i rly wana change all my bad habits . i don't gain easy or so but I have always lived a very unhealthy lifestyle and now i wanna fix that (is so hard) and also just tone my body :) it might seem like nothing compaired to many others here tho
  • rbunt
    rbunt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Renee. I am 48. Previously, I used this program but recorded the food I ate as I ate it throughout the day. I didn't lose a pound due to running out of carbs etc... early in the day. NOW, I plan what I am going to eat the next day and record it to make sure I am on target and adjust foods as needed so I don't go over on carbs and calories. I've lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks!!!! My goal was to lose 5 pounds and now I am determined to maintain the weight. Hope to have some friends to help keep me on track.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    #dailycheckin - PRAISE JESUS!!! My dad woke up! He knew my mom this AM...didn't know what the 12th month was (he said June). But he ate some pudding, apple sauce... and drank a ton of sprite zero. I can't tell you what a relief this is! We were seriously talking about the fact that he may never wake up. But he did!

This AM I did my first PiYo DVD workout - I LOVE IT! It's yoga with movement... perfect! I also walked at lunch!
    w35w3zaadi2i.jpg
    9l24fuu7kv50.jpg

Feels good be able to focus on something instead of worrying. I was consumed with worry the past 5 days... it's exhausting!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Hey ladies! I took the day off Friday and went Christmas shopping. I managed to get 10K steps in easily! Saturday, my daughter and I went for a run and once again easily hit my 10K goal as well as Sunday when I was cleaning and decorating! So now on towards today... So far I'm doing ok. Could have a cleaner eating day than I have but I'm moving forward and will keep doing so. I was down .5 lbs on Friday! So that was a happy dance as well!!

way to go, all those steps are fantastic. Keep up the great motivational work. :smiley:
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    #dailycheckin - PRAISE JESUS!!! My dad woke up! He knew my mom this AM...didn't know what the 12th month was (he said June). But he ate some pudding, apple sauce... and drank a ton of sprite zero. I can't tell you what a relief this is! We were seriously talking about the fact that he may never wake up. But he did!

This AM I did my first PiYo DVD workout - I LOVE IT! It's yoga with movement... perfect! I also walked at lunch!
    w35w3zaadi2i.jpg
    9l24fuu7kv50.jpg

Feels good be able to focus on something instead of worrying. I was consumed with worry the past 5 days... it's exhausting!

so glad to hear things are looking better for you.
    Keep up the great work :smiley:
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options

so glad to hear things are looking better for you.
    Keep up the great work :smiley:

Thanks @GillianSmith2 o:)<3
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 123 Member
    Options

w35w3zaadi2i.jpg
    9l24fuu7kv50.jpg

That is great news!!
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Dftcret wrote: »
    I agree weekends are the worst! Regardless of how I do during the week I seem to gain it all back on the week end. I am just starting back on here so I have no friends to keep me motivated :neutral:. So if you don't mind an old guy with 20 or so pounds to lose add me...

Welcome! Weekends are my downfall! Who doesn't love a ice cold beer on the weekend? =) I really struggle with the weekend thing. And I am terrible at logging in on the weekend, so that makes it even worse!

166cf67b2898c627cdcb2a6dff24658e.jpg

This made me laugh...so true...Weekends are horrible cause I go completely off grid of healthy eating and just binge away...I'm on this major declutter my home project, and I'll reward myself for doing the things I don't want to do, with a glass or two of wine, chips, cheese, and everything in that fridge.

Anyway, can I join this group? I'm in another group but this one just seems more fun and less regimented.
    I am legal secretary for a firm on the West Coast. Over 50 but most people say I don't look it. I feel like 30 inside but not when I'm getting outta that bed in the morning! I've been athletic most of my life but as my daughter's schedule got crazier less time for me to workout (yeah, I know, an excuse, but I'm not letting it go!). Ultimate goal is 85 lbs., by June 2016 interim goal is 30 by March 2016. I can do it but it will be a fight.

• mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    ...and for all you fellow desk jocks...I have started to do squats throughout the day 3 reps of 15. I have plantar fasciitis and it flared up badly when I was doing my walks during lunch. It's healing but cannot walk as much as I did before. Weight is a factor.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    @Mrsrobinsoncl - Thanks! He's not 100% but he's headed in the right direction!
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ...and for all you fellow desk jocks...I have started to do squats throughout the day 3 reps of 15. I have plantar fasciitis and it flared up badly when I was doing my walks during lunch. It's healing but cannot walk as much as I did before. Weight is a factor.

I do the same thing! I normally try and set a goal for 75-100 per day. I also have some 5lb weights at my desk and try and do some upper body stuff throughout the day. Some days I'm really busy and don't spend a lot of time at my desk, but on days I spend a lot of time there I set a timer for 30 minutes and every time it goes off I get up and walk the halls/stairs and do something to get me moving! Makes the day go much faster
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, would love to join you :). I used to be part of a thread like this and found it worked so well for me - but over time it tailed off! So a bit about me - I'm Jane, 39 years old and married to my soulmate with a wonderful little boy who will be 1 on December 18th. And therein lies some of my problem - initally the pregnancy weight fell off but then the loss slowed down along with my motivation and time. And here I am - almost a year into motherhood with a lot of the pounds that I originally wanted to lose + some. My challenges? Motivation to exercise and time to exercise. I work three days a week at the moment - going back up to 5 in the New Year. I have a 1 hour 45 minute commute each way to work - by the time I've done that, worked, seen my little boy, fed him and got him to bed and then spent a little bit of time with my husband, it's late and I'm knackered!

So, I'm looking for encouragement and friends who are also committed - and hoping to find the motivation to make this work. I owe it myself and my family :)
  • spud1384
    spud1384 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, My name is Sara. I'm 31 years old and have 180+ lbs to lose. I currently work at a desk job, but at least it's at an apple company. I would love to be part of your group. The motivation on here seems wonderful!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    rbunt wrote: »
    Hi everyone. My name is Renee. I am 48. Previously, I used this program but recorded the food I ate as I ate it throughout the day. I didn't lose a pound due to running out of carbs etc... early in the day. NOW, I plan what I am going to eat the next day and record it to make sure I am on target and adjust foods as needed so I don't go over on carbs and calories. I've lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks!!!! My goal was to lose 5 pounds and now I am determined to maintain the weight. Hope to have some friends to help keep me on track.

Great planning!! I love that!! You can easily maintain! Stick with us!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    MathildaZ wrote: »
    I only have 11 lbs to lose , however i rly wana change all my bad habits . i don't gain easy or so but I have always lived a very unhealthy lifestyle and now i wanna fix that (is so hard) and also just tone my body :) it might seem like nothing compaired to many others here tho

Welcome! Hope we can help!
  • ShyCush6
    Options

Great news Jen!!!! So glad to hear it!!!
    Way to go on your workouts too!! That looks like a fun exercise! Keep focusing and glad everything is heading in the right direction for your family!
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Check-in... It's been a while since I checked in, but I read all the posts daily. It seems like it is the time of year when everyone is busy. Christmas shopping, holiday planning, parties... So far I am pretty much staying on track. Weekends are the hardest (sounds like I am not alone). The scale isn't moving down as fast as I would like, but at least it isn't going back up either! If I can just make it through to the new year without going back up I would be happy! We are going on a 10 day trip to WI/MN for the holidays, so there will be a lot of eating out/fast food (we are driving-20 hours) and then when we are there I'm sure there will be plenty of yummy home cooked meals, but not so healthy. But, we will be spending the holidays with family that we haven't seen in way too long, so I am very excited! I hope everyone has a great week! You're all doing fabulous!